1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Turning off notifications caused "Unfortunately system UI has stopped" in CM9 on Touchpad

• Please log in to reply

OP haxologist

haxologist

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:07 PM #1

I flashed and upgraded moboot 0.3.5 and CM9 alpha0 from moboot 0.3.4 and CM7 alpha 3.5. I did not wipe system data, however I did wipe cache, dalvik cache and battery stats (even though that google person said wiping battery stats doesn't do anything except clear much needed battery usage data).

While trying to figure out how to turn off that cool music that started playing automatically after the screen turned off, I turned off notifications and it seemed to have crashed the SystemUI. I started getting the message "Unfortunately system UI has stopped" and the background image would kind of fall into darkness like it was crashing or something. The bottom system dock disappeared, and I couldn't figure out how to turn notifications back on without being able to get to the system dock menu where I turned them off initially.

So, I rebooted. But, that didn't fix it. So, I wiped cache and dalvik cache again, but that didn't fix it either. So, I wiped system data (factory restore) and then everything was back to normal. I'm hesitant to try to recreate the issue by turning notifications off again.

Has anyone else experienced that?
  • 0 Likes
CM7 RC 1.4 running on an HTC Thunderbolt | Tiamat 1.04 Kernel | Vipermod -75 | w/ AWDLauncher EX

rodalpho

rodalpho

Android Apprentice

• 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:17 PM #2

Yeah, several other posts noted it. The only fix for now is to not touch that button.
  • 1 Likes

OP haxologist

haxologist

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:26 PM #3

I guess I'll just back up often because it's inevitable since it's between brightness and settings.
  • 0 Likes
CM7 RC 1.4 running on an HTC Thunderbolt | Tiamat 1.04 Kernel | Vipermod -75 | w/ AWDLauncher EX

rodalpho

rodalpho

Android Apprentice

• 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:31 PM #4

I'd expect a patch for it relatively quickly because yeah, it's pretty easy to hit that button.
  • 0 Likes

rzkma

rzkma

Android Apprentice

• 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:37 PM #5

user chiaroscuro helped me out with this issue.
you can either do a clean install, OR using root explorer (or another app that does the job), navigate to /data/data/com.android.systemui/shared_prefs and delete the file there (there should only be one file in that folder)
then just reboot and it should be fine.
  • 3 Likes

OP haxologist

haxologist

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:56 PM #6

Good to know. Thanks rzkma!
  • 0 Likes

CheesyM

CheesyM

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:02 PM #7

I also did this while playing around almost as soon as I'd installed it. I used an app called "System Tuner" to clear the settings and fix the problem: open the app, click the "System" button, scroll down to the "System UI" row, select it and then press the "Clear Data" button. The message stopped and the bar then reappeared shortly afterwards.
  • 1 Likes

dalingrin

dalingrin

Developer

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:03 PM #8

Good resource maintained by folks in #cyanogenmod-touchpad
http://ergh.org/cmtp/

There is a link to a fixed SystemUI.apk there.
  • 1 Likes

atomics

atomics

Android Beginner

• 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:07 PM #9

user chiaroscuro helped me out with this issue.
you can either do a clean install, OR using root explorer (or another app that does the job), navigate to /data/data/com.android.systemui/shared_prefs and delete the file there (there should only be one file in that folder)
then just reboot and it should be fine.

this worked for me, thanks!
  • 0 Likes

mike10dude

mike10dude

Android Beginner

• 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:38 PM #10

this worked for me, thanks!

I am having the same problem but I can not find that file
  • 0 Likes