Android OS Forum banner

[ROM][Updated: 1/22] Bugless Beast Remix - Nightly 1-18.1

16K views 73 replies 25 participants last post by  DigitalDK 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Let me first start by saying that this is NOT my original work, the rom is largely based on Pure Bugless Beast by Peter Alfonso. I am taking no credit for the original and fully understand that the majority of this is his intellectual property. I merely added some of my own touches to "spice" it up for those who love stock, but want a few useful mods as well. Also, I would like to say that this rom is 70% for me and 30% for you the users lol. This is my personal rom that I cooked up for myself and decided that I would share it with the public. So, please do not go hog-wild with requests and asking me to change stuff. I will definitely entertain changes/enhancements, but I would rather not be badgered by them. This rom is extremely stable and I am loving it, so I hope you enjoy!​

Normal disclaimer about how flashing a rom can be dangerous for your phone and such. Please always perform a backup before flashing any of my work (or anything really). If you some how mess up your phone it's your fault, not mine. You are not allowed to sue me, all you'd get would be student loans anyways.

THANKS
-Huge thanks to Peter Alfonso for this fantastic rom!
-Thanks to RMarkwald for helping me with some mods.
-Thanks to Google and the RootzWiki community!
-Specific thanks will be shown in the features list.

FEATURES
-MIUI battery bar mod (must install apk attached to this post to use it): thanks to PvyParts
-Horizontal multi-tasking menu: thanks to Brucekey
-Soft-keys speed increase
-Replaced "recent" key with "search" key: thanks to Runandhide05
-Long-press home button to access recent apps
-Slimmed down by removing various files including all language packs except English
-HD/True black stock boot animation: thanks to BlackDino
-T9 dialer: thanks to CM team
-Launcher with search bar removed and 4x5 workspace: thanks to Djmcnz
-Volume rocker screen wake
-Reflective stock soft-keys: thanks to Atticus182
-Added data/app functionality with Wireless Tether and IO File Manager
-Added DSP Manager: thanks to Krylon360
-Replaced Verizon apps, hopefully NFL Mobile and such work
--Peter Alfonso's change-log for nightlies can be found HERE

-MUST INSTALL SETTINGS APK ATTACHED BELOW TO USE MIUI BATTERY-

TO-DO
-Add rotation to Launcher
-Remap left-side of lockscreen
-Center lockscreen clock and raise lockscreen slider
-Center statusbar clock​

BUGS
-MyVerzion will probably FC on first boot, simply re-install using Root Explorer or the app itself and it should work just fine​

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
CHANGE LOG

Nightly (1/22) - 1/22
-Fixed centering of carrier label​
-Added Nova Launcher: thanks to the TeslaCoil team​
-Removed MyVerizon: always FC on start up, so it's just as easy for you to add it back on your own​
-Modified Mail.apk with reduced margins: thanks to CrushD​

Nightly (1/18) - 1/18
-Fixed recent apps in landscape (didn't know it wasn't working until yesterday)​
-Centered lockscreen slider and clock, looks much better IMO​
-Changed carrier label to "Galaxy Nexus"​
-Cleaned up a little of my sloppy code​
-And of course all other changes which Pete added himself​

Nightly (1/13) - 1/15
-Initial release​

Mods
-Updates for these coming soon...​

#8 ·
Yeah, McD. Pete's Bugless with no search bar and 4x5 space. Great idea, as usual.
Always used your DINC stuff.

But...........anyway you could add a mod to negate the volume rocker screen wake?

For that matter, Hey it's Lou, anyway you could take away the search bar and add the space on RR?

I just always accidently wake the screen in me pocket with volume.

Thanks fellas, great stuff as always.

#17 ·
Flashable for the stock battery has been added to the 2nd post. Wipe dalvik and flash via recovery. This just adds the stock battery back, it does not remove the MIUI battery code. So, if you still want to use the MIUI battery, you can still install the settings apk and it will work but you will have the stock battery as well. Hope that all makes sense lol.

#30 ·
Just rename it to apk and install :) some browsers and hosting sites won't recognize apk files

Sent From Nexi - The Galaxy Nexus

#31 ·
Can anyone confirm that Verizon apps/NFL mobile is working? It was the last thing I added and I didn't actually flash the FINAL version, so I am just curious. Also, once I can get the framework-res to recompile correctly (there is something getting hung up in the stock one), I will have the center lockscreen clock and raised unlock swipe working.

#36 ·
Well idk how many of you are still using this, but I am so I figure I will keep sharing it lol. I just updated for the latest 1/18 nightly and added some new features (check change log in 2nd post), most notably is the centered lockscreen. Screenshot presentation has been updated as well as the download link. Please take a minute to read through the OP. Enjoy and all feedback is welcomed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.