2 votes

Themers' Collaboration

• Please log in to reply

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:50 PM #31

Finally got around to doing a bit of a write up for notepad++

Let me know if there's anything else you fell needs addressed in it.

For now, I'm gonna leave GIMP alone... There's way too much for me to cover on it and I'm not feeling the greatest tonight.

Also, don't forget this is also a place for themers to come and get help!
  • 0 Likes

akellar

akellar

Android Addict

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:24 PM #32

What's the trick to getting systemui to work? I can decompile, recompile, and push and I end up with a broken systemui with no buttons or status bar. Zero edits made.
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:35 PM #33

What's the trick to getting systemui to work? I can decompile, recompile, and push and I end up with a broken systemui with no buttons or status bar. Zero edits made.

I said it was done, but I didn't say you were unless you like having unusable apps.... Didn't think you did.

Last, you want to enter the number to tell the script to sign the app (this should take 5 seconds max). When it's done, go to the "place apps here for modding" and find your application. If all went well, you'll see something that says signed(name of your app).apk. Move that app to your sd card (or where ever) and rename it so that "signed" is no longer a part of the name and install it to see your custom app in motion.

It seems to me you were missing the last step there in bold-red. The script supports a compile/sign/push function, but it notes that it is NOT for system apps. If that's what you were doing, then that was your problem.
  • 0 Likes

akellar

akellar

Android Addict

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:43 PM #34

SystemUI shouldn't need signed. I pushed via adb and rebooted.
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:54 PM #35

you still want to sign it. Beings that its a system app, the script will use the original signature that it had. You need to sign every app that you compile
  • 0 Likes

akellar

akellar

Android Addict

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:57 PM #36

You sure? The script itself says not to sign if it's a system app.
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:12 PM #37

I've been doing it the same way for a few months now. I've always signed ALL the apps i compiled and never once has it caused a problem. As long as you let the script know its a system app you're golden
  • 0 Likes

quinolin

quinolin

Android Beginner

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:17 PM #38

You sure? The script itself says not to sign if it's a system app.

That's exactly what I thought all along...

I've been doing it the same way for a few months now. I've always signed ALL the apps i compiled and never once has it caused a problem. As long as you let the script know its a system app you're golden

And this might be the solution to the problem... gonna try that out later tonight. Thanks MM.
  • 0 Likes
Beta-Tester for ICSourcery Team

akellar

akellar

Android Addict

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:20 PM #39

Nope still no go.
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:00 PM #40

Have you been decompiling it with the framework-res.apk as the dependency?

Some people have stated that its not needed with 4.X but its been known to do some wonky things without a dependency (for me at least)
  • 0 Likes