Rate this Topic

2 votes

Themers' Collaboration

• Please log in to reply

travp624

travp624

Themer

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:41 AM #11

Here is a quick chart that i threw together for alpha layer % opaque (aka transparency). I can post directions on how to figure out easily if needed, but these are the main values that i use.
Code -- % Opaque
31 ----- 20%
59 ----- 35%
7F ----- 50%
A5 ----- 65%
[color=#282828]CC ----- 80% [

Open windows calculator select view and select programmer mode enter transpancy value as Dec 0-255 then hit Hex it auto converts it giving you the hex transparency value!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

Time to get everyone BAKED

Black Android Kang Everyone Desires

Masterzoltar

Masterzoltar

Average Android

• 92 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:51 AM #12

Great post. Lots of info. Thanks! Look forward to trying some of this out.
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

travp624

travp624

Themer

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:51 AM #13

Can you elaborate how this is accomplished? Can this be done in apk multi-tool alone or does this include any steps using apktool (e.g., apktool if framework-res.apk)
This is only true for non-system apps, correct?

Thanks again for getting this thread started, looking forward to seeing the content expanded and refined over time.

The easiest way to do this is exactly how your showing it!

But for those who don't know take the framework-res.apk outta whatever rom your working with and place it in the "other" folder of your apkmultitools. Hold Shift and right click choose open cmd window here and simply type in "apktool if framework-res.apk".

Now when it comes to aosp or stock android there are no apps that really need dependency's. However moto or htc phones do sometimes require this. Moto for example has blur-res.apk or something like that. These dependencies can all be set the same exact way as setting the framework-res.apk.

Also keep in mind when working with different roms be it stock or custom or blur or sense. You need to make sure your using the framework and other dependent apk's for that rom. ie. don't use a blur framework with a sense rom.

Edited by travp624, 14 January 2012 - 07:52 AM.

• 0 Likes

Posted Image

Time to get everyone BAKED

Black Android Kang Everyone Desires

Fatsix

Fatsix

Android Master

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:52 AM #14

Open windows calculator select view and select programmer mode enter transpancy value as Dec 0-255 then hit Hex it auto converts it giving you the hex transparency value!

yup.
Decimal v= p(%) x 255 / 100
Hex = profit

Edited by Fatsix, 14 January 2012 - 07:53 AM.

• 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus CDMA

poontab

poontab

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:22 AM #15

Stickied
  • 1 Likes

quinolin

quinolin

Android Beginner

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:34 AM #16

Ok, I just gave this a whirl. Pulled framework-res.apk and systemui.apk from the custom ROM I am currently using. After 'apktool if framework-res.apk', I decompiled the systemui.apk without problems. I went ahead and replaced only 2 png's in the \res\drawable-xhdpi folder (within the project-folder). Started the compiling process, as a system app and used the keep-function. Went into the keep-folder and in there deleted the appropriate png's (representing the ones I had modified in the project folder). Finished compiling without error, so now I have this 'unsignedSystemUI.apk'. I went ahead and opened this apk in 7zip and to see what I have. Looked for my modified png's. There are there - yay - but I noticed that under 'method' it says 'Store' and under 'HostOS' it says 'Unix', whereas for all other files in this folder (which I didn't modify) it says 'Deflate' and 'FAT', respectively.

Not sure what that means and if that has any bearing on being able to actually push that modified SystemUI to the phone. Can someone explain / help?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: If my questions are derailing the thread, I'd gladly take this issue offline via PM or gmail (quinolin@gmail.com).

Edited by quinolin, 14 January 2012 - 10:14 AM.

• 0 Likes
Beta-Tester for ICSourcery Team

jleech330

jleech330

• 94 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:03 AM #17

Can anyone give me a basic tutorial on how to use apk tools. I am just looking to change some of the systemui.apk and changing some of the icons to different pictures. I have looked for guides on how to do this but cannot find a guide anywhere Thanks!! appreciate any help
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:27 PM #18

Check the second post. I reserved that post just for apk manager/apk multi-tool

• 0 Likes

striker1553

striker1553

• 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:36 PM #19

this could be a VERY useful tool. I'm involved in online game communities a lot where making game-based themes would be tits. Of course, most games would require the proper permissions, but who knows... the sky really is the limit here isn't it! Thanks Mastur Mynd for the idea!

Edited by striker1553, 14 January 2012 - 02:36 PM.

• 0 Likes

akellar

akellar

Android Addict

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:57 PM #20

Here's a great program for mass resizing and/or renaming pngs. http://www.faststone...sizerDetail.htm
  • 0 Likes