91K views 398 replies 65 participants last post by  BayRican 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: Theme

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
I will update this thread when popular stable releases are ready.

The screenshots are what you're going get. If you flash any other mod over the SystemUI.apk or launcher.apk or framework-res.apk you will lose your transarent mods.

Notes and Directions for flashing...............
This mod only works with NovaLauncher for the time being (I need to figure out the screen sizing issue with the stock launcher) I will try to keep an updated version of NovaLauncher with no dock background updated.This mod HATES live wallpapers. Change your wallpaper to a stagnant image BEFORE flashing.

1. Download and install NovaLauncher
2. Change wallpaper to stagnant image
3. Reboot into recovery
4. Wipe dalvik, and wipe cache partition
5. Flash appropriate zip.
6. Reboot
7. Select NovaLauncher
8. Profit.... Do not complain, Mods will come.

Step By step Nova Launcher Instructions are below the Screenshots, including removal and re installation.

Thank Pendo for the smali edits.

What you will get....
1. Transparent Statusbar, Navigation Bar, Dock (Nova is included, uninstall all instances beforehand)
2. Larger Statusbar icons, Clock, Date
3. Themed system icons, lock screen icons, statusbar icons, and I cant remember what else.
4. My Soft keys. To see them as intended, Increase Transparency to 100%, set tint to 00ffffff.
5. I post the latest test packages on Twitter, so keep up there.

To other themers, Do not use any of my crap without asking first.

Milestone 3

http://dl.dropbox.co...one3_Fatsix.zip

Aokp 23

http://dl.dropbox.co...23-Fatsix_C.zip

Screenshots are at 340 DPI

************************************************************************************************************************
Nova Launcher

Transparent Dock for NovaLauncher beta 12
This mod replaces your entire NovaLauncher.
Beta 13 has been quite a debacle. Please uninstall all instances of Nova Launcher if you downloaded the update prior to this mod. Make sure/data/app/com.teslacoilsw-launcher-1.apk is gone.

NovaLauncher beta 12
http://db.tt/bsM0kAaJ
Wallpaper
Android Grunge Blue: http://dl.dropbox.co...lue-Android.jpg
Phillies wallpaper 1280x1440: http://dl.dropbox.co...s.1440x1280.png
Cerulean Blue Binary: http://dl.dropbox.co.../ics_binary.png
B+W Binary: http://dl.dropbox.co...6/bw_binary.png

********************************************************************************

Screenshots. 20% opacity.

CND Transparent Status bar and Dock

Step By Step Instructions. You can use this guide for any launcher, Just substitute the name for Nova.

Now to flashing zips. Generally you are ok to flash zip files. Which replace the file that's currently there. Weather its in data or system. The problem with the last nova update was the apk was renamed something completely different. com.telsacoil_launcher_1.apk or something, so it didnt get overwritten, and in some instances people had 3 launchers running, stock, beta 12 and beta 13 which started causing issues. Not to mention they had beta 12 on the download link on xda. Basically i redid beta 12 on accident and posted it as 13 without knowing. After i got the real beta 13 I threw up some basic instructions on how to fix it. So now I will walk you through the process using Titanium Backup to uninstall the programs we don't want. I don't know your comfort level with file explorer and if your able to navigate to /system/app. So your gonna get that instruction too.

I am assuming you still have the stock Launcher installed. You just have Nova set as default. I will cover how to do this as well.

Download EsFile Explorer from the market.

1. Install and open it.
2. Press the menu button, should be the on on your softkey bar.
3. Select Settings
4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings list.
5. Check Root explorer and then allow superuser.
6. Check Mount File System
7 Scroll back up to and select home directory.
8 Delete everything until you have / left. This will set your starting directory at the begining, like C:
9.press ok the press the back key.
10.at the top of the bar it shows a phone with / . If it does not, press the Up button, which is the folder with the
arrow up on it right underneath the address bar.
11.Press home and we are done for right now.

Get the files we need first! Download the respective files you want from above.

Set the stock launcher as default to avoild possible errors when we delete Nova.
1. Open the app drawer and find settings, press settings
2. navigate to apps, select apps.
3. Click all on the top bar.
4. Scroll down to Launcher2.apk
5 Select that
6.Scroll down to Launch by Default.
7. Press Clear defaults. If this is greyed out, we need to find NovaLauncher and repeat the same process.
8.Hit home, It should ask you which launcher you want to use,
9 Select the stock launcher. Do not hit set as default.

Find and Remove old files.
1.Open up Titanium Backup.
2.Press Backup/Restore at the top of the screen.
3.Scroll down and Find all instances of NovaLauncher and uninstall them
4. Exit Titanium Backup and Open up Es File Explorer
5. You should be in the / directory. If not, press up until you get there.
6. Scroll down and select the system folder.
7. Select the APP folder.
8. Browse around this folder and make sure all NovaLauncher.apk and of the sort are gone. If they are not,
Long press the icon, and select delete.
9. When you are done deleting or find no files to delete, press Up twice. to get back to ./
10. Locate the Data folder and select that
11. select the app folder
12. Perform the same processes you did for the system/app folder.
13. After you are done deleting take the time to navigate to where you downloaded the files from earlier to
confirm they are there. They typically will be in /sdcard/download unless you specified otherwise. When people say check the md5 first, you can longpress the zip file, scroll down to
the bottom and select properties. Select show checksum and check off MD5 and press calculate.

Now we are ready to flash. Im assuming since you flashed a rom , you know how to navigate somewhat here.
1 If you have a live wall paper, change it to a stagnant image now.
2.Reboot into Recovery
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Install zips
5. Reboot
6. Press the home button.
7. Check off set as default, and select Nova.
8. Everything should work now.

If you need more help, lemme know.

See less See more
#4 ·
Has nothing to do with a Png. Smali edits and some alpha channel on the hex color. I do not run this rom, so take what you can get, 20% is good for now until the bugs get worked out on the navigation bar. This is just a temporary mod, because someone will pick up the transparency in their theme or eventually the rom should have that option.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is as simple as you editing the hex color code in res/values/drawable.....
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#31000000</item>

Without getting too involved. you are going to edit the first two digits after the #, this is the alpha layer, or % opaque.
Code -- % Opaque
31 ----- 20%
59 ----- 35%
7F ----- 50%
A5 ----- 65%
CC ----- 80%

#18 ·
Nice. Don't use this ROM, but it's nice to know it's possible to do this.

On a different note, mind sharing your wallpaper. I, too, am a Phillies fan. I had a bunch of homemade Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers wallpapers for my OG but I've been too busy to make some for my Nexus.

#25 ·
. You need to find out if the systemui.apk is the same. Just because a new version comes out does not mean it has a new systemui. I forgot you need to decompile the apk to modify the drawables.XML. sorry....

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using RootzWiki

#56 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes. But i want to get the transparency issues fixed first. I'll talk to Run, maybe he can throw something together for CND ,since he has all the battery junk.

AOKP, If its ok with the owner of the theme, I can just modify one of the battery mods to work. I'm not interested in modding 67 battery configurations.

The black and cyan theme is nice, but i don't want to step on any toes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.