I am proud to present you a huge collection of Softkeys for the Galaxy Nexus
I'd be grateful if you want to press the Thanks button if you're going to use these softkeys!
- If your ROM doesn't have a built-in "Search" softkey, then this image won't be used on your phone, it will only show Back, Home & Recent
- You need a rooted phone otherwise none of these methods will work!
- The buttons will be a little less bright on your phone due to a layer of alpha transparency over them when you're not pressing them.
- IT IS ALWAYS RECOMMENDED TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THESE MODS!
Softkeys made by me
Download Images Here
Download ZipThemer & MetaMorph Here
Stock Reflective Style
Stock Small Style
Stock Small Reflective Style
Stock ICS Blue Style
Stock ICS Blue Reflective Style
HTC Reflective Style
Metro White Style
Web2.0 Text Style
Pixelated Text Style
Roboto V2 Style
Installation Methods (Method 1 Recommended)
Straight from your Galaxy Nexus
1. Easiest Method
*** ZipThemer *** Does not work on AOKP build 19, please try MetaMorph instead!
- Download and install ZipThemer from the Market
- Download a Softkey Style using the ZipThemer link in the First Post, and open up ZipThemer on your phone
- If this is the first time using ZipThemer, hit the (hidden) menu key -> Hit "Update Edify" -> Hit "Browse" (pick a file that you have flashed before on your phone, like your ROM or a theme) -> Hit "Configure" -> Then hit the 'back' softkey to return to the main screen.
- Click the "+Theme" button, browse to the download folder and select the .zip you have just downloaded using the ZipThemer link in the First Post, probably /sdcard/download
- Click the "Build It!" button, and when it prompts if you want to make an "undo-zip", click "Always"
- You will now see the output screen with the Build Log, check if everything went alright, it will show that a zip file has been created on /sdcard/
- Reboot your phone to Recovery after this and flash the .zip file that is created on /sdcard/
- Done! If you experience problems or want to undo the action just flash the "undo-zip" that's also located on /sdcard/
*** MetaMorph *** Does not work on ARHD, please try one of the methods below instead!
- Download and install MetaMorph from the Market, open it at least once so that the folder AndroidThemes will be created on /sdcard/
- Download a Softkey Style using the MetaMorph link and move this .zip file to /sdcard/AndroidThemes using your favorite file explorer
- Open MetaMorph, choose "Unzip/Extract new theme" and select the .zip file you downloaded. A popup screen will appear, meaning it has been extracted. Press the "Close" button.
- Hit the "Apply all!" button and wait +/- 5 seconds (nothing will happen)
- Reboot your phone immediately after this and you're done! Oh, and set a new wallpaper because it may be restored to default..
2. Advanced (Hard) Method - Edit the SystemUI.apk from your phone Not working for everybody!
- Download and install Root Explorer from the Market and make a Nandroid backup
- Download the softkeymod you like
- Open Root Explorer and navigate to /system/app/, find SystemUI.apk, long press, and select extract. Go to the folder sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted and make sure you have a folder that's called SystemUI
- If the folder is there navigate to where you downloaded the chosen softkeymod (usually sdcard/download) and long press it. Select extract all. Go to sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted and there should be a folder with the name of the softkeymod.
- Click on this folder, and also on the next. Hit the menu key and press 'Multi Select'. Highlight all the images included in the folder and select 'Move' at the bottom. Navigate back to the SystemUI folder, go to SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi and 'Paste' here. A command prompt should pop up asking to replace the current images. Select 'Yes For All'
- Go back to the sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted folder, long press the SystemUI folder and select 'Create ZIP'
- Rename the created SystemUI.zip to SystemUi.apk and move the SystemUI.apk to your /system/app folder. Change permissions of SystemUI.apk to rw-r--r--
- Reboot your Galaxy Nexus (pull battery out and reboot, this is an essential step) and your softkeys will be modded!
Using your Computer
3. Manual Method - Images using Updater Script
- Download THIS Updater Script
- Extract the SystemUI.apk from your current ROM from /system/app
- Open the SystemUI.apk with WinRAR and navigate to /res/drawable-xhdpi
- Add the images you downloaded from this thread into this folder, it will overwrite the original icons
- Open the downloaded updater script and drag your SystemUI.apk into the /system/app folder, replacing the current file which is just a placeholder
- Flash using recovery, done!
4. Automatic Method - Images using Softkey Modder
- Download THIS Softkey Modder
- Place the downloaded softkey images into the "PUT_IMAGES_HERE" folder
- Connect your phone to your computer
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled (located in Settings --> Developer options)
- Run/Open "Create Flashable Zip.bat"
- Answer yes ("y") to both transfer prompts (or transfer the zips yourself)
- Flash the modded (or original) zip through CWM (a.k.a. Rom Manager) **Do NOT wipe anything!** and enjoy!
27-11-'11: Initial thread started with 2 Softkey Styles
28-11-'11: Added Pixelated, Old Honeycomb and Stock Style
29-11-'11: Added Metro White, Metro Blue, Airbrush, Roboto & Balloon Style and added Search icon to most packages
04-01-'12: Added ZipThemer files and instructions for all of my Softkey Styles
05-01-'12: Added Stock, Stock Reflect, Blue ICS & Blue ICS Reflect Styles made by me edited from Stock, included cleaner search icon, including ZipThemer file
09-01-'12: Added an all new HTC Style in various variations made by me
13-01-'12: Added Stock Small and Stock Small Reflection Styles made by me
14-01-'12: Replaced the MetaMorph Method with the ZipThemer Method, since this is way more stable and secure
19-01-'12: Added Imonaboat and Droidfont Styles
21-01-'12: Hosting all Softkeys on my own website now instead of Multiupload.com!
22-01-'12: Re-added MetaMorph Instructions and Floral & Perspective & Honeycomb Styles!
Edited by atticus182, 20 February 2012 - 10:38 AM.