1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

2 votes

[INC2][GUIDE] Gain S-OFF and Root the HTC Incredible 2 (works on 2.3.4)

inc2 guide s-off tutorial
  • Please log in to reply

OP jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:41 PM #31

well i found my first problem, i had a bad download. it was completely different from the correct one, so idk what was up with that. Now my problem is that when i get to the fastboot rebootRUU it just says waiting for device on both the script and when i manually copy and paste from the original post. I read that this probably means that fastboot isnt working, but i believe it is working, i added it to the path

Check that drivers are installed for fastboot too, not just adb. In the bootloader, when you have the phone plugged into your computer, it should show "Android phone" in device manager, not listed as an unknown device.
  • 2 Likes

xxtsxx

xxtsxx

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:03 PM #32

Check that drivers are installed for fastboot too, not just adb. In the bootloader, when you have the phone plugged into your computer, it should show "Android phone" in device manager, not listed as an unknown device.

yeah i think my fastboot was messed up, i unistalled all the drivers and redid everything and it worked perfectly! thanks for the help and guide!
  • 0 Likes

OP jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:17 PM #33

yeah i think my fastboot was messed up, i unistalled all the drivers and redid everything and it worked perfectly! thanks for the help and guide!

Glad it worked out for you. Have fun trying out new roms and stuff. I personally think that aeroevan makes great roms, along with kernels to go with them. You should check out his ICS rom.
  • 2 Likes

OP jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:35 PM #34

Wizkid pmed me saying he could not get into recovery, he just got a yellow triangle. If this helps anyone, here is what I pmed him back.

You need to flash clockworkmod recovery. You can flash it in the bootloader by running this command.

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-vivow.img
Where recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-vivow.img is the recovery image for clockwork mod on the Incredible 2. You can obtain the recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-vivow.img at http://download.cloc...0.2.0-vivow.img

If you need any more help, post in the panic room if you are soft bricked or bricked.
In windows, the drivers for fastboot may be different. If it does not work, do it in linux.

• 1 Likes

OP jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:04 PM #35

Does a moderator mind pinning this? I think it is helpful for 1st time androiders who want s-off/root.
  • 0 Likes

rolandct

rolandct

Nexus Member

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:52 AM #36

FWIW I couldn't get the downgrade script to work until I reset the phone to factory. Just kept failing half way in, when it rebooted it never pushed anything to the phone even though I had USB debugging on and fastboot off. Just my 2 cents for anyone who runs into a similar problem.
  • 0 Likes

OP jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:44 PM #37

FWIW I couldn't get the downgrade script to work until I reset the phone to factory. Just kept failing half way in, when it rebooted it never pushed anything to the phone even though I had USB debugging on and fastboot off. Just my 2 cents for anyone who runs into a similar problem.

Don't know why that would happen, but I'm glad it worked for you.
  • 0 Likes

Ghub1

Ghub1

Android Lover

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:50 PM #38

I've tried running (both as administrator and normally) the attn1 tool but nothing is happening. It just quickly opens and closes the cmd terminally and nothing happens. What do I do?

**EDIT**

so I got it to run, but now the script isn't working. It just sticks at a black screen with "htc" sitting on it. What do I do now?

Edited by Ghub1, 03 March 2012 - 07:52 PM.

• 0 Likes
Follow me on twitter @Ghub1
Join my circle on Google+

OP jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:57 PM #39

I've tried running (both as administrator and normally) the attn1 tool but nothing is happening. It just quickly opens and closes the cmd terminally and nothing happens. What do I do?

**EDIT**

so I got it to run, but now the script isn't working. It just sticks at a black screen with "htc" sitting on it. What do I do now?

Keep it on the black screen with HTC. It should eventually install the update after 5 mins or so. Is there a progress bar?
  • 0 Likes

Ghub1

Ghub1

Android Lover

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:11 PM #40

Keep it on the black screen with HTC. It should eventually install the update after 5 mins or so. Is there a progress bar?

OH! Okay I'll try it again. There isn't a progress bar and the cmd terminal closes when it's at that screen.
  • 0 Likes
Follow me on twitter @Ghub1
Join my circle on Google+