Difficulty:: Very Easy
Mod Status:: Stable
Apply In:: Theme Manager
Requires Root:: Yes
Full ROM suport has been stopped due to the CM9/10 Theme Engine being released. I will now focus on the Theme Chooser theme and adding other colors as well. See post 3 for Legacy ROM support.
NateModz has now transitioned into a Theme Chooser theme. It is a full theme will gloss accents. Tons of themed images are included and being added. This theme will change nearly every aspect of your phone UI.
Theme Chooser doesnt allow theming of some elements and anything that involves a layout.xml edit.
If you get an error saying the theme was compiled incorrectly you need to apply the system default theme and reboot. Then it will apply.
Download the APK to your SD card and install it. After installed it will show in the theme section in the settings of your ROM. When you apply it there will be a message saying the theme is missing assets. Ignore it and apply anyways. This is 100% normal. I suggest rebooting after you apply. Sometimes the SystemUI needs to be restarted to see all themed changes.
DOWNLOADS: Download link is after change log
v1.2.2 (REBOOT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Minor improvements to Nexus 7
- themed Currents & Google Magazines icons
v1.2.0 (REBOOT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Started the transition to the CM10 theme chooser for Jellybean
Some things may not show correctly in CM9 now. Shouldn't be anything major though
- Themed Swype Keyboard
- Added CM9 Lockscreen settings icon
- Tweaked talk apk to theme blacked out properly
- Changed 4G and 3G statusbar icons
- Added Gummy weather settings icon
- Fixed themed tabs in Plume after most recent update
- Themed AndroIRC app
- Fix Google Maps Icons (Broken after last update)
- Add themed overlay notification in AOKP build 38
- Themed CM9 Apollo Music app
- Fixed Circle Battery size on Tablet Devices
- Fixed Navigation bar button spacing on Tablet Devices
- Redesigned status bar drag handle
- Fixed blue Search/Go button on stock Keyboard
- Darkened Stock Keyboard
- Added themed Solid Explorer app icon
- Google Music progress bar themed
- fixed battery charging icon for 96-99%
- Tweetcaster, FB Messenger icon added
- Gmail icon sized correctly on tablets
- Optimized for better tablet support
- Nav bar is now themed to match status bar in AOKP (Apply system default theme and then apply this theme to see new nav bar)
- Set Notification transparency to 100% for CM9
- Themed AOKP Backup app icon
- Themed S-Voice icon
- Fixed YouTube icon in Blue version
- New ICS keyboard theme
- Release of NateModz Blue
- ADDED Red themed Plume
- New themed icons - Chrome Browser, Chase Bank, Capital One, NBA Game Time, Draw Something, Paypal, Speedtest.net, ES File Explorer, Latitude, ROM Toolbox Lite, Google Currents, Google Earth, Evernote, Amazon Price Check, Temple Run
- Added red elements to Play Store
- Added Red folders to Nova Launcher
- ADDEDThemed Google Quick Search
- Darkend down the status bar a little bit
- New Drag bar handle
- ADDED Red themed Tapatalk Pro
- ADDED Red Search Widget in Nova Launcher
- Blacked out the dialer background
- ADDED New dialer glossy buttons
- Added missing CM 9 images
- Added Liquid Control
- Added Gummy settings
- Added Icons for Pandora, Twitter for Android, Go SMS, Handcent, Terminal, Rom Manager, Google Voice, DSP Manager, Music
- Added Themed News and Weather widget
- Fixed Missing Trebuchet images
- Added Themed Voice Search
- ADDED Icons Skype, Set CPU, Plume, WordPress, Chomp SMS, Superuser
- ADDED Themed Rom Control Elements
- ADDED Calculator has red text on buttons
- ADDED Desk Clock has more red and night-time mode has all red clock
- FIXED Changed Docs To GO icon. It was ugly
- FIXED Changed NFL Mobile icon. It was ugly
- FIXED Changed Score Mobile icon. It was ugly
- FIXED Franco Kernel app had a typo in XML that prevented themed icon from showing
Download NateModz Red Donate Version from the Play Store
Download NateModz Blue Donate Version from the Play Store
Download NateModz Green Donate Version from the Play Store
Download NateModz Yellow Donate Version from the Play Store
Download NateModz Red Theme Chooser Free Version
Download NateModz Red Theme Chooser No Gloss (Not available in Play Store, if you want to donate click HERE)
Download NateModz Blue Theme Chooser Free Version
Download NateModz Green Theme Chooser Free Version
Download NateModz Yellow Theme Chooser Free Version
Check out my custom Wallpaper thread
Check out my AndroidBeam Live Wallpapers
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the HEX color code?
RED #FF0000 BLUE #222cff GREEN #84c552 YELLOW #ffd719
Q. Will there be more colors of NateModz?
A. Yes. I plan on doing several colors
Q. What is that Clock Widget in your screenshots and how do I get it?
A. It's called UCCW and can be downloaded from the Play Store. The skin is a modification of a skin called Migenie. Here are the links to my modded versions RED BLUE GREEN YELLOW Just put the file on your SD Card and use the import function in UCCW.
Q. Where do I get that wallpaper in your screenshots?
A. Here is a listing of my xdpi Wallpapers.
Q. How can I donate to you?
A. I never ask for donations. I do this for fun, not for money. But if you want to my PayPal link is HERE.
Q. Can I request a red icon for _____?
A. Sure! But I can't promise it will get done. I will try my best.
A Gallery with all my red icons can be found in the next post
Edited by NatemZ, 26 July 2012 - 04:41 PM.