Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Chainfire3D support?

• Please log in to reply

OP cj250mills

cj250mills

Average Android

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:07 PM #1

Has anyone been able to get chainfire3D working? I have it all set up plugins and all but the market fix doesnt do S&%T and tegra zone sayz I'm not running a tegra device so it must not be doing anything...

Lemme know if anyone has had luck with this?
  • 0 Likes

asheehanjr

asheehanjr

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:16 PM #2

I don't know if this is still a active thread but, I did try to install Chain3D and when I went to install the drivers for it, my phone rebooted and got stuck at the Google logo so had no choice to restore. I'm going to take that as a no that it doesn't work! lol. Least in my experience. ;)
  • 0 Likes

Galaxy Nexus Maguro

ROM: AndroidME CM10

Galaxy Player 5.0

ROM: Chip 1.5

Other Devices: Lg Optimus M, Samsung Admire

Damien White

Damien White

• 33 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:20 AM #3

I am not sure if anyone is still looking for input on this query, however I have had some great experiences on GNex I am happy to report. The process was long and tedious, and it included, support from various sources, but in the end I am able to lower the frame rates and bit rates on some of the app (mostly games) that were running a little slow on my device.

I wish I could give a detailed explanation as to how I was able to accomplish this, but this thread asked if it was doable, I am just confirming yes it is, but I've only done it on ICS, I am considering using it on JB, but I did a complete wipe on my device and rebuilt from the AOKP JB ROM and honestly, in terms of performance (which is all I really used Chainfire 3D for) I don't see a need. If I do decide to add it in there, I will post here with my findings.

Take care all, and don't give up, it can be done.

Edit: just an update, I did attempt to add chainfire 3d to my AOKP JB with little success on the 1st try. I will have a good look into it in the near future and update then. TC

Edited by Damien White, 07 August 2012 - 02:01 PM.

• 0 Likes
Life is short enough, why live it outside the Nexus?