1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Need help porting CWMR to your new device?

• Please log in to reply

OP utkanos

utkanos

Developer

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:14 PM #1

Hello there.

I am offering assistance to anyone who is trying to get clockwork ported to their device. I recently ported it to the HTC Rezound: https://github.com/u...evice_htc_vigor as well as helping UnstableApps(gweedo767) get it booting on Kindle Fire.

I can most likely do it without a device in hand as long as a couple files are provided to me, however I may actually need a device to complete it (wildly varies).

Feel free to PM me or reply here. I assume a basic level of knowledge on your part with adb/shell environment. I can provide a list of references if need be.

Edited by utkanos, 09 January 2012 - 07:23 AM.

• 12 Likes
join me on #utkanos on freenode.

doug piston

doug piston

n00blet

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:43 AM #2

I'll plus one this. Smart and nice guy, So I'll vouch. (If that means anything )
  • 0 Likes

jameth

jameth

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:29 AM #3

Hello there.

I am offering assistance to anyone who is trying to get clockwork ported to their device. I recently ported it to the HTC Rezound: https://github.com/u...evice_htc_vigor as well as helping UnstableApps(gweedo767) get it booting on Kindle Fire.

I can most likely do it without a device in hand as long as a couple files are provided to me, however I may actually need a device to complete it (wildly varies).

Feel free to PM me or reply here. I assume a basic level of knowledge on your part with adb/shell environment. I can provide a list of references if need be.

Hey there!

This is really awesome of you to even offer assistance like this!

I registered here on this forum because of this post!

I have an ATT branded Samsung Galaxytab 8.9 LTE (SGH i957).

This device has been rooted via a rooted kernel flashed through odin, but does not have any recovery images available for it.

It is quite a bit different from the other Galaxy Tabs that all run the Nvidia Tegra 2 chip, the SGH i957 runs a dual core 1.5 ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon chip (APQ8060).

I belive it is very similar in hardware to the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket phone, and the developer who rooted it, was able to do it based on his own work with the SGS2.

I would love to get CWM on this bad boy, and am familiar enough with ADB and the guts of linux in general to help out.

Also, this site apperently doesn't have a forum for any of the Galaxytab 8.9 models? (there are 3 or 4 different 8.9" models out there, the ATT 4G LTE, the WiFi only, some kind of 3G version, and another 4G through Bell)

The ATT and the Bell 4G models are the only ones with the Qualcomm chip instead of the Tegra, and I think the only difference between the two 4g models is the carriers own rom on each.

Edited by jameth, 16 January 2012 - 10:00 AM.

• 1 Likes

OP utkanos

utkanos

Developer

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:16 AM #4

ygpm
  • 1 Likes

chrisyroid

chrisyroid

• 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:28 PM #5

Sounds great. Would love to port it to my Kyocera Milano. I do know basic adb and linux comands.
  • 0 Likes

OP utkanos

utkanos

Developer

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:08 PM #6

Sounds great. Would love to port it to my Kyocera Milano. I do know basic adb and linux comands.

Shoot me a PM.

One more added
http://rootzwiki.com...sghi927r-alpha/

Edited by utkanos, 21 January 2012 - 10:10 PM.

• 0 Likes

wera750

wera750

Android Addict

• 1,043 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:35 PM #7

Transformer Prime?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Bout that time of year to turn back into a racer and give the nerdery a break...

OP utkanos

utkanos

Developer

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:20 AM #8

Transformer Prime?

This already exists...
  • 1 Likes

wera750

wera750

Android Addict

• 1,043 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:46 AM #9

For the Prime? We would all like to know were it is lol?

• 0 Likes
Bout that time of year to turn back into a racer and give the nerdery a break...

OP utkanos

utkanos

Developer

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:28 PM #10

Ah glanced over the 'prime' part. Shoot me a PM.
  • 1 Likes