- - - - -

ROOT

• Please log in to reply

OP JCB978

JCB978

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:47 PM #1

sooo im new to the whole rooting thing and i want to root my mytouch 4g...just i dont know how to and im not sure what is best to root it with!

can someone please help me out?????????
  • 0 Likes

OP JCB978

JCB978

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:49 AM #2

Don't just view that thread...HELP ME OUTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 0 Likes

NomyNomyNomy

NomyNomyNomy

Android Master

• 551 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:22 PM #3

Don't just view that thread...HELP ME OUTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well to Root. Do this.....
Set Up ADB on your Computer. If you don't Know what that is, or how to set it up. Go on Google, and Search "How to Set Up ADB on (What OS Your on, I.e XP, Vista, 7, Mac, Linux).

Turn on Debugging. Applications. Dev. Turn on Debugging. Turn on fastboot.

Get the HTC Fastboot Drivers via Google. And HTC Sync Via Google.

Then Google Search Fr33vo (Download it). This Temp Roots Your Phone, allowing you to have "Root Power". This gives you 100% Controll over your Phone. Also Once this is done, Download Rom Manager from the Market.

Now you need to Google Revolutinary (IDK How to spell) S-OFF Tool. (Download, but you needa do this)

Select your Device in the List, the Android Version. Hboot and Frimware.

It will tell you to find your HBoot, Frimware. The HBoot can be found by doing this.
Take out your battery, count to 10. Put your battery in, then hold Power and Vol Dow. You'll be in some weird White Menu. At the top it will say Hboot. If your Hboot dosnt show in the Hboot Section in the Rev Website. Your out of luck. If it does Write down the code they give you. Or copy it via mouse.
The power On find your frimware in the About Menu.
Then Run the Rev Tool(Input the code or paste it when they ask for it), you'll get some errors that's normal normal. Soon you'll have S-Off.
Don't DL the Clockwork Recovery with the Unlock tool.

Now Download HTC Super Tool, Install. They'll be an option to Root. Do it.

Then Open Rom Manager in you app Drawer. Flash Recovery.

Welcome to the World of Android.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Edited by NomyNomyNomy, 30 January 2012 - 04:25 PM.

• 0 Likes

NyPlaya513

NyPlaya513

• 77 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:11 AM #4

Well to Root. Do this.....
Set Up ADB on your Computer. If you don't Know what that is, or how to set it up. Go on Google, and Search "How to Set Up ADB on (What OS Your on, I.e XP, Vista, 7, Mac, Linux).

Turn on Debugging. Applications. Dev. Turn on Debugging. Turn on fastboot.

Get the HTC Fastboot Drivers via Google. And HTC Sync Via Google.

Then Google Search Fr33vo (Download it). This Temp Roots Your Phone, allowing you to have "Root Power". This gives you 100% Controll over your Phone. Also Once this is done, Download Rom Manager from the Market.

Now you need to Google Revolutinary (IDK How to spell) S-OFF Tool. (Download, but you needa do this)

Select your Device in the List, the Android Version. Hboot and Frimware.

It will tell you to find your HBoot, Frimware. The HBoot can be found by doing this.
Take out your battery, count to 10. Put your battery in, then hold Power and Vol Dow. You'll be in some weird White Menu. At the top it will say Hboot. If your Hboot dosnt show in the Hboot Section in the Rev Website. Your out of luck. If it does Write down the code they give you. Or copy it via mouse.
The power On find your frimware in the About Menu.
Then Run the Rev Tool(Input the code or paste it when they ask for it), you'll get some errors that's normal normal. Soon you'll have S-Off.
Don't DL the Clockwork Recovery with the Unlock tool.

Now Download HTC Super Tool, Install. They'll be an option to Root. Do it.

Then Open Rom Manager in you app Drawer. Flash Recovery.

Welcome to the World of Android.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

hey so I am trying to help out a friend with his mytouch4g but he is currently on 2.3.4. will the method you specified above work for him or do I need to downgrade him first back to 2.2.1
  • 0 Likes

originaldobo

originaldobo

Android Lover

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:53 PM #5

I have been trying to downgrade but it always fails never flashes the PD15zip file getting frustrated myself and dev work seems to be dead on the root end

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

HKM

HKM

HackingMachine

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:34 AM #6

I have been trying to downgrade but it always fails never flashes the PD15zip file getting frustrated myself and dev work seems to be dead on the root end

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

What ver is the hboot? Also which PD15IMG?

Sent from my HTC Glacier
  • 0 Likes
HTC Glacier: gfreeROOT (Radio|CID-U EBL:85 S=OFF)
SD Card: Patriot LX Series 32GB Class 10 microSDHC
Shell: Innocase Surface Combo & ClearTouch Crystal
Battery: MugenPower TMo-MT4G 1650mAh Extended
Posted Image

kdskills

kdskills

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:19 PM #7

i know this is not the right thread, but can anyone tell me how to manually get to the network pin unlock screen.
  • 0 Likes

alienngp

alienngp

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:14 AM #8

Advisement is to downgrade first with temporary root then do a full root with s-off

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes