1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Getting texts from strange numbers but they are my contacts!

so strange...
  • Please log in to reply

OP micro23

micro23

Android Beginner

• 202 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:15 PM #1

Tonight the strangest thing started happening to me. Im just going to keep it simple and write it out..

Got a text from a number. The number is from Texas and I live in new york.

I dont recognize it. I read the message and call the person back.

It's my brother. I ask him if he changed his number and he acts like I'm crazy. But the number I just called (the one that text me) is NOT HIS PHONE NUMBER.

Then I get another text and it's the same thing. It's some strange number in Boston and It's my buddy Kevin.

So in short It seems like people in my contacts who text me are getting another working phone number different from their own and they show up instead of their original number. AND THESE WORK I can actually call the numbers and they pick up.

What the HELL is going on? Is something wrong with Verizon right now?
  • 0 Likes

thatguy188

thatguy188

Wannabe GFX Guy

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:20 PM #2

Sounds like Verizon network messing with you. Every once in a blue moon my wife would call me, I pick up, and she hears somebody totally different.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

Joel S

Joel S

• 83 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:00 PM #3

Sounds like Verizon network messing with you. Every once in a blue moon my wife would call me, I pick up, and she hears somebody totally different.

I had this happen. Phone rang, it was a friends number but there was a rather confused girl on the other line. Called my buddy and he said he did try to call me, but some girl picked up instead. Was weird, but we figured the signals got crossed.

• 0 Likes