1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

1 votes

AOSP build with no Baseband-(Cdma Galaxy Nexus)

• Please log in to reply

OP Adam80460

Adam80460

Supporting Member

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:54 PM #1

**Noob Alert**

So after I finally got a build to compile from source, (which took forever BTW), I loaded it up and couldn't activate it. I know the radios are not included in AOSP, so I was wondering how do I go about adding them to my build?

Im pretty sure the radios are not suppose to be in the zip right? What could be causing it?
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

sate86

sate86

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:03 AM #2

hey adam,

i went through the process of building a ROM from aosp for my cdma galaxy nexus too.

i used the zip file from this post and followed the guys directions : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1421188

i can confirm that my phone/data worked on the AOSP rom i built.
  • 1 Likes

OP Adam80460

Adam80460

Supporting Member

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:18 PM #3

Thanks bro, i finally got it :) now i'm tring to get root to work and update through the superuser app
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

sate86

sate86

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:53 PM #4

hey, i am having trouble with enabling root. i want to figure out how to include /system/bin/su and Superuser.apk directly into the ROM i build (as opposed to flashing it aftewards). can you please share your techniques/results with me if you get it to work?

cheers!
  • 0 Likes

OP Adam80460

Adam80460

Supporting Member

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:40 PM #5

Sure will, :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

JBirdVegas

JBirdVegas

java code monkey

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:19 PM #6

I've been asked this question before so this may help
check out the device/*/*/*.mk files, lets call this our device's make file (ie device/motorola/droid2.mk), this is where you include the SuperUser app , su binary and busybox binary (of course you can include it from anywhere, usually root stuff is in common.mk files, but this is easiest for our example).

ok so lets assume you keep the top of your source tree is @ ~/android/system so we set the TOP variable with something like...
export TOP=~/android/system

so lets navigate to the top of you build and get the SuperUser source
cd $TOP
git clone git://github.com/ChainsDD/Superuser.git packages/apps/Superuser

I'm going to assume everyone can get the su and busybox binaries... moving on

place the su and busybox binaries in your devices prebuilt in the folder you intend it to be in on the system
so for this example we are going to use the path $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/xbin/su and $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/xbin/busybox

so in our device's make file we want to add a comment to note what we are doing, then tell the compiler to build Superuser.apk and copy over the required binaries
something like...
# Tell compiler where our prebuilt folder is
DEVICE_PREBUILT := device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt

# Tell compiler to build Superuser.apk
PRODUCT_PACKAGES := \
	Superuser

# Include busybox and su binaries
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
	$(DEVICE_PREBUILT)/xbin/busybox:system/xbin/busybox \
	$(DEVICE_PREBUILT)/xbin/su:system/xbin/su

# This is a script to automatically symlink busybox and su binaries on boot (the code for 91-busybox_linkage.sh is below)
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
	$(DEVICE_PREBUILT)/etc/init.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh:system/etc/inti.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh

Now we need to create the 91-busybox_linkage.sh file we can do this from this from the command line to make it easy so something like...
#make our install script in the correct file
echo "for cmd in $(busybox --list);do ln -s /system/xbin/$cmd $cmd; done; ln -s /system/xbin/su su;" > $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/etc/init.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh

#ensure that the script has the correct permissions
chmod 777 $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/etc/init.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh

EDIT: thanks nocoast
add these files to $TOP/build/target/product/security
https://github.com/C...eruser.x509.pem
https://github.com/C...y/superuser.pk8

if all goes well you should have a properly setup rooted aosp enviroment good luck guys ;)

Edited by JBirdVegas, 09 January 2012 - 12:12 PM.

• 6 Likes

Show Your appreciation by clicking Thanks!

I co-maintain the droid2 branch of CyanogenMod, n00bware founder and lead developer and a developer for AOKP
my icon is custom artwork from ThaPHLASH

OP Adam80460

Adam80460

Supporting Member

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:49 PM #7

Easy as that huh..? We will see ..lol

Thanks for taking the time to write that up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

doug piston

doug piston

n00blet

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:26 AM #8

I've been asked this question before so this may help
check out the device/*/*/*.mk files, lets call this our device's make file (ie device/motorola/droid2.mk), this is where you include the SuperUser app , su binary and busybox binary (of course you can include it from anywhere, usually root stuff is in common.mk files, but this is easiest for our example).

ok so lets assume you keep the top of your source tree is @ ~/android/system so we set the TOP variable with something like...

export TOP=~/android/system

so lets navigate to the top of you build and get the SuperUser source
cd $TOP
git clone git://github.com/ChainsDD/Superuser.git packages/apps/Superuser

I'm going to assume everyone can get the su and busybox binaries... moving on

place the su and busybox binaries in your devices prebuilt in the folder you intend it to be in on the system
so for this example we are going to use the path $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/xbin/su and $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/xbin/busybox

so in our device's make file we want to add a comment to note what we are doing, then tell the compiler to build Superuser.apk and copy over the required binaries
something like...
# Tell compiler where our prebuilt folder is
DEVICE_PREBUILT := device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt

# Tell compiler to build Superuser.apk
PRODUCT_PACKAGES := \
	Superuser

# Include busybox and su binaries
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
	$(DEVICE_PREBUILT)/xbin/busybox:system/xbin/busybox \
	$(DEVICE_PREBUILT)/xbin/su:system/xbin/su

# This is a script to automatically symlink busybox and su binaries on boot (the code for 91-busybox_linkage.sh is below)
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
	$(DEVICE_PREBUILT)/etc/init.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh:system/etc/inti.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh

Now we need to create the 91-busybox_linkage.sh file we can do this from this from the command line to make it easy so something like...
#make our install script in the correct file
echo "for cmd in $(busybox --list);do ln -s /system/xbin/$cmd $cmd; done; ln -s /system/xbin/su su;" > $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/etc/init.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh

#ensure that the script has the correct permissions
chmod 777 $TOP/device/motorola/droid2/prebuilt/etc/init.d/91-busybox_linkage.sh

if all goes well you should have a properly setup rooted aosp enviroment good luck guys ;)

I wuve this post so much.....
  • 0 Likes

nocoast

nocoast

Android Guru

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:46 AM #9

No, I do too!
  • 0 Likes

nocoast

nocoast

Android Guru

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:23 AM #10

hey adam,

i went through the process of building a ROM from aosp for my cdma galaxy nexus too.

i used the zip file from this post and followed the guys directions : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1421188

i can confirm that my phone/data worked on the AOSP rom i built.

Koushs git has newer props i do believe....
  • 0 Likes