CM9 for the Fascinate?

• Please log in to reply

OP sushiguy732

sushiguy732

Android Apprentice

• 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:35 PM #1

I hear talks about CM9 and was wondering;
1. are there any builds out yet? (I checked the CM website and couldn't find any)
2. are there any out for the Fascinate?
  • 0 Likes

dIGITALbEATdOWN

dIGITALbEATdOWN

El Conquistador

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:42 PM #2

Seriously? Look at the topic in this forum by jt, he maintains the cm7 build as well as working on cm9 with teamhacksung. Its near the top in the fascinate dev section. Its says ICS in the title and I think its build 3.... next time maybe use the search button :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki

Edited by dIGITALbEATdOWN, 04 January 2012 - 06:18 PM.

• 0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S4- TouchWiz UX - Rooted
Nexus 7 - Stock Rooted 4.2.2
Twitter @matthewschmitt

OP sushiguy732

sushiguy732

Android Apprentice

• 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:45 PM #3

Thanks but no thanks.... I know how to search and I have been looking at the forums..... What I am asking for (please read this time) is CM9... not just ICS.
Your comment is like saying if I was looking for CM7 I should use any GB build..... Seriously, if you can't be productive with your comments, you shouldn't comment at all.
  • 0 Likes

dIGITALbEATdOWN

dIGITALbEATdOWN

El Conquistador

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:12 PM #4

Cm9 is what jt's build is/will be. Read his info in his op. Like it or not, thats the case. If you are wanting to download an officially supported cm9 build from the cm9 download page then its going to be a while. Sorry. Btw, meant no disrespect in previous post

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S4- TouchWiz UX - Rooted
Nexus 7 - Stock Rooted 4.2.2
Twitter @matthewschmitt

jimv2000

jimv2000

Android Beginner

• 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:47 PM #5

Thanks but no thanks.... I know how to search and I have been looking at the forums..... What I am asking for (please read this time) is CM9... not just ICS.
Your comment is like saying if I was looking for CM7 I should use any GB build..... Seriously, if you can't be productive with your comments, you shouldn't comment at all.

The first sentence of JT's thread would have answered your question had you taken the time to read it instead of mouthing off to someone who gave you correct information.

"Teamhacksung has been porting ICS (to be CM9) for the Fascinate and we feel that it has reached a state where it would benefit from public testing."

Edited by jimv2000, 04 January 2012 - 08:47 PM.

• 0 Likes

KeithN

KeithN

Android Apprentice

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:52 PM #6

TeamHacksung/JT's ICS is running trebuchet and has cyanogenmod options so it's as close as you can get for the fascinate. CM9 is still under development so there is still a lot of work to be done by the CM team and those porting it to devices ( JT/TeamHacksung in our case).

So to answer, #1 obviously there are builds, just that they are not yet stable/complete enough for the CM Team to want to offer public downloads. #2 No official CM9 is available for the fascinate.
  • 0 Likes

bigwilly90210

bigwilly90210

Android Beginner

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:13 PM #7

There are no CM9 official builds for any devices other than the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus. Instead of ragging on somebody who was trying to help you could dig a little bit on your own. Searching aside, looking at the ICS thread, (not based on AOSP btw, but CM9's build tree) you could see all the cyanogenmod team on there. It will be official eventually, patience grasshopper. Till then, Build 3 from them is frigging amazing on my phone with Glitch kernel v14.

Sent from the future
  • 0 Likes

skynet11

skynet11

News Team/Moderator

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:07 AM #8

There are no official CM9 ROMs, period. The Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus have official ICS, not official CM9. Jt's Team Hacksung ICS is the closest you can get to CM9. Even on the Galaxy Nexus, the closest thing possible is a ROM kanged from submitted CM9 code with various cherry-picked features that may or may not make it to official CM9.

Terminators run on Android...
  • 0 Likes
Terminators run on Android... Except the ones I sent to find John Connor... They were running iOS Posted Image
Rootzwiki Rules: troll-resistant and flame-retardant

droidstyle

droidstyle

Super User

• 452 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:56 AM #9

There are no official cm9 roms

Any questions :)

• 1 Likes

skynet11

skynet11

News Team/Moderator

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:07 AM #10

Any questions

Trolololol! Everyone else, just nod that you understand, and move along (jk) :lol:

Terminators run on Android...

Edited by skynet11, 05 January 2012 - 07:10 AM.

• 0 Likes
Terminators run on Android... Except the ones I sent to find John Connor... They were running iOS Posted Image
Rootzwiki Rules: troll-resistant and flame-retardant