- - - - -

[solved] MyTouch4g can't get past bootloader

• Please log in to reply

OP cthorson910

cthorson910

Android Beginner

• 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:00 PM #1

My friend has a mytouch 4g and one day it crashed on her in the middle of a text. I was asked to try and fix it, but I'm stuck. Phone is s-on, completely stock, .89.0005 hboot, 26.11.04.03_m radio.
1. Phone can only get into the bootloader and fastboot screens. (Only holding the power button goes straight to fast boot, and volume down+power goes to the bootloader.
2. Once in the bootloader/fastboot the volume keys and power button are completely unresponsive. Can't go up or down or select anything.
3. Used my phone to download a signed ruu, transferred it to my computer, popped her SD card in my phone and put it on the root of her SD card. The phone goes through the loading and checking of the PD15IMG.zip and then spits out an error that says "main version is older! Update fail! Press power to reboot"
4. Hitting the power button here actually works and takes me right to fastboot.
The phone has never had problems with the volume or power buttons before.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is much appreciated

Sent from my Incredible 2 using RootzWiki

Edited by cthorson910, 15 January 2012 - 10:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

ttaannkk

ttaannkk

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:36 AM #2

I just sent my mytouch 4g in for replacement because the volume buttons were no longer working and there never was any physical damage. Goodluck.
  • 0 Likes

glevitan

glevitan

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:17 AM #3

My friend has a mytouch 4g and one day it crashed on her in the middle of a text. I was asked to try and fix it, but I'm stuck. Phone is s-on, completely stock, .89.0005 hboot, 26.11.04.03_m radio.
1. Phone can only get into the bootloader and fastboot screens. (Only holding the power button goes straight to fast boot, and volume down+power goes to the bootloader.
2. Once in the bootloader/fastboot the volume keys and power button are completely unresponsive. Can't go up or down or select anything.
3. Used my phone to download a signed ruu, transferred it to my computer, popped her SD card in my phone and put it on the root of her SD card. The phone goes through the loading and checking of the PD15IMG.zip and then spits out an error that says "main version is older! Update fail! Press power to reboot"
4. Hitting the power button here actually works and takes me right to fastboot.
The phone has never had problems with the volume or power buttons before.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is much appreciated

Sent from my Incredible 2 using RootzWiki

Hey I will try to help although I have an Inspire 4G. Due to your phone being S-ON you won´t be able to install an RUU that is not signed by your carrier. If you had an update from your carrier, I suggest that you install HTC Sync and try to reinstall that RUU..if you hadn´t try fo find and RUU the same version you had.

If you cannot succeed in doing that, you'd better go to your carrier and execute the warranty. There's absolutely no reason for a phone to crash that way. I actually would suggest that you take it to your vendor even if you can get it back....There has been cases of corrupted bootloaders in many devices....hope it helps. See ya.
  • 1 Likes
Proud owner of HTC Inspire 4G
Rooted with AAHK
Rom: Coredroid V9.2
Radio: 12.36d.60.140fU_26.08.03.07_M

OP cthorson910

cthorson910

Android Beginner

• 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:53 PM #4

ended up just telling my friend to call t mobile to get the phone repaired because it was out of warranty. thanks for the suggestions guys
  • 0 Likes

glevitan

glevitan

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:29 AM #5

ended up just telling my friend to call t mobile to get the phone repaired because it was out of warranty. thanks for the suggestions guys

You're welcome!!! Yeah sometimes the best bet is to send the phone to technical support!
  • 0 Likes
Proud owner of HTC Inspire 4G
Rooted with AAHK
Rom: Coredroid V9.2
Radio: 12.36d.60.140fU_26.08.03.07_M