I found an easy way to do this by doing the following.:
1. I used dhacker29 4ever root method to return back to complete stock and at .886 from this link:
2. Choose option option 1 from his program to return back to stock and 4ever root.
Be patient this will take a little while.
When its booted up just skip the set up and connect to your Wifi for faster download.
3. Once that is done choose option 5 from that program to install cheesecakeV2.
Use that app to get the OTA update for .893
Let it download and install the OTA update. Don't worry you will keep root.
4. Next download this file from the link and put it on the root of your sdcard.
It will tell you that its .893 but it's not. It is for people coming from .893. Motorola does it this way for some reason.
DO NOT FLASH THIS IN FASTBOOT OR SAFEBOOT RECOVERY!!
BOOT INTO FASTBOOT AND SELECT RECOVERY FROM FASTBOOT AND SELECT THIS TO FLASH
I REPEAT.. USE THE STOCK RECOVERY TO FLASH THIS .901 UPDATE
5. Once the phone is rebooted you will have a .901 rooted. Then you can install bootstrap and install a rom if you want or just stay stock rooted.
Hope this helps someone.
Edited by TruSteelfan, 10 January 2012 - 12:39 PM.