Rate this Topic

24 votes

[ROM] Redemption Rom v1.3 AOSP 4.0.4 UPDATE April 18th

Redemptiom Rom
  • Please log in to reply

_JKK_

_JKK_

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:37 PM #2611

But at the same time, there are other ROMs out there for the Toro that work very well. One was mentioned above, another is Bugless Beast (similar always stock feel).

Reading Lou's Twitter page, it seems like he ran in to some bug on his Nexus and is having to flash back to complete stock, and then re-root/re-unlock, etc. So maybe it will be soon. He also said that it's not an AOSP issue, I believe.
  • 0 Likes

OP HeyItsLou

HeyItsLou

Developer

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:22 PM #2612

Bringing back an old project from my Dinc days "Redemptive rEVOlution" this is a crossbreed of Redemption Rom and CM 10 in it's current state. This is something I'm doing just for fun. The CM team did most of the heavy lifting and are responsible for contributing the lions share of work in the current Android scene, enough said. If you're feeling dangerous you can try beta 1 until I have time to update Redemption Rom to Jelly Bean. I've figured out a lot of the bugs and will hopefully have a release out shortly.

- Lou

Redemptive rEVOlution Beta 1 - http://tinyw.in/Iqhc
  • 6 Likes
Like what I do? Thank me with Coffee!
Click Here: http://goo.gl/j6Vo

Posted Image

Tonysil

Tonysil

• 26 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:28 PM #2613

I'm wicked excited, this is what I've been holding out for.
  • 1 Likes

Masheen

Masheen

Android OG

• 135 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:41 PM #2614

Yesssssssssssssss!
  • 0 Likes

fudlen

fudlen

Android Beginner

• 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:58 PM #2615

Not sure if it working for anyone else but I wasn't able to start the download from the goo manager app. I ended up having to go through Firefox to get the download started.

Thanks Lou! Looking forward to checking this out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

cvo515

cvo515

Super User

• 389 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:07 PM #2616

booting up now....will report back

edit...on a quick set up and walk through, i noticed that in settings if you OC your selection of cpu doesn't stick after a reboot. i tested MMS over wifi to myself lol and the message went through fine. but the original out going pic was just blank white in the MMS thread. other than that everything seems fine to me so far. perfect rom IMO is in the works here....features of cm10 with Lou's spin is up my alley. the kernel is stock CM altered by Lou with Redemptions scripts

Edited by cvo515, 23 July 2012 - 08:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

Wool02

Wool02

• 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:49 PM #2617

Not sure if it working for anyone else but I wasn't able to start the download from the goo manager app. I ended up having to go through Firefox to get the download started.

Thanks Lou! Looking forward to checking this out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Same here regarding the download.

Flashing this one right away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

jr313

jr313

The Truth

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:01 AM #2618

Viva la revolucion! Downloading now and will give it a go. Thank you sir.
  • 0 Likes
"Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."

5280wrx

5280wrx

• 57 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:52 AM #2619

The rEVOlution didn't work and play well with swiftkey3 nor my pure calendar widget. I liked everything else I saw but back to Redemption Rom JB v1.1 for now. Thanks for all the work Lou as always!
  • 0 Likes

mothy

mothy

Android Beginner

• 65 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:48 AM #2620

Redemptive rEVOlution is running really nice so far, I was running another CM10 kang it it froze my phone 2-3 times per day, this is butter smooth again. Thanks Lou
  • 0 Likes