Rate this Topic

24 votes

[ROM] Redemption Rom v1.3 AOSP 4.0.4 UPDATE April 18th

Redemptiom Rom
  • Please log in to reply

mikenexus

mikenexus

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM #2421

Thanks for the response. By Its own built-In backup/restore feature your referring to the setting in backup & Restore To automatically backup And restore app data and wifi passwords?
  • 0 Likes

darkpark

darkpark

Android Apprentice

• 152 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:56 PM #2422

Thanks for the response. By Its own built-In backup/restore feature your referring to the setting in backup & Restore To automatically backup And restore app data and wifi passwords?

No, I hit the menu button than select Batch. From there, I select "backup all user apps". After you have flashed a new ROM, you can either run another batch job to restore your apps with data or you can manually restore individual apps with or w/o data.
I typically restore my apps without data in one batch job than individually/manually restore just data for specific apps.
  • 1 Likes

mikenexus

mikenexus

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:30 AM #2423

great thanks, will do this going forward
  • 0 Likes

Masheen

Masheen

Android OG

• 135 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:17 PM #2424

So the official CDMA 4.0.4 OTA update is rolling out right now.

http://forums.androi...d-vzw-gnex.html

Lou, will your next ROM release include the radios? or should we go ahead and flash those ourselves? The radio package also includes a new bootloader.
  • 0 Likes

Burncycle

Burncycle

I solve problems

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:24 PM #2425

So the official CDMA 4.0.4 OTA update is rolling out right now.

http://forums.androi...d-vzw-gnex.html

Lou, will your next ROM release include the radios? or should we go ahead and flash those ourselves? The radio package also includes a new bootloader.

Most roms don't. No reason to. Just flash whatever radios you want on your own :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
Rom: Jellybro Kernel: Tiny Kernel 1.5. Pretty android savvy. Ask me anything if you need help and hit the thanks button!
Posted ImageWPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlpineM3

AlpineM3

Android Beginner

• 481 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:05 PM #2426

Is it me or have the GNex forums been a bit quiet? Probs have something to do with the HTC One series phones? Or development just hit a plateau?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Tonysil

Tonysil

• 26 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:16 PM #2427

About a week back Lou said that he's got a lot going on at work so we wouldn't hear much from him for a couple of weeks. I can't speak for any of the other devs but I can't imagine that many people that have the G-Nexus would be jumping to ATT for a new phone.

I don't know about you but I'm running Redemption ROM 1.3, the IMM76K radios, Imo's 3.4.0exp1 kernel and Nova Prime and I literally can't think of any way that my phone could be a better experience (well, maybe better radios). That being said if some dev's want to try to wow me, I'm down.
  • 0 Likes

darkpark

darkpark

Android Apprentice

• 152 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:01 AM #2428

I'd be VERY impressed if a dev created a ROM that would make my g-nex get up in the morning, go to work and do my work for me. :-D
still, i'm sure a lot of people are interested with all the hubab of the new phones even if they are for a different carrier. also, devs like to check out the UI's of other phones and see if they can ported to their own phones. in any case, RR 1.3 is running great for me.
I'm also wondering if there are difference (and what those differences are) between the 4.04 ASOP and the 4.04 based Verizon OTA update. (other than the included radios, of course)
  • 0 Likes

Masheen

Masheen

Android OG

• 135 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:55 AM #2429

I had a bad experience flashing the 4.0.3 radios to my GN back a few months ago. My phones microphone died and after numerous factory resets and stock image flashing it wouldn't come back. The ringer and speakerphone still worked but I wasn't able to transmit sound.

That may have been because the 4.0.3 radios were never intended to be released for the GN.

Nevertheles, I am a bit skeptical of new radios. Some users report worse reception than before and that doesn't help ease my fears.

Jus stickin redemption goodness right now. I have actually noticed an increase in signal since Lou added the 4.0.4 source code binaries.
  • 0 Likes

mrZoSo

mrZoSo

Android Lover

• 233 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:07 PM #2430

Been running the official 4.0.4 radios, and haven't really noticed all that much difference. Data in the 3G only areas I have to go in, seems a bit more reliable/stable.
Getting kind of annoyed with the Nexus reception though, data and voice. Or I'm just missing the Moto radios. They're definitely superior to most everything else out there.
  • 1 Likes