Mod Base:: AOSP
Mod Status:: Stable
Apply In:: CWM Recovery
Optional:: Custom Settings
Requires Root:: Yes
Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)
Using Redemption Backup is very easy open Android Terminal and type
Hit "Enter" then "Allow" Android Terminal Superuser privileges when the dialogue box appears, next type...
Hit "Enter" and that's it folks! You'll find a directory on your SD Card entitled "Redemption_Backup" with all of your applications backed up. These can be installed just like any .apk.
- Full AOSP Toro build compiled by yours truly from latest 4.0.4 source code
- 4.0.4 Proprietary Blobs
- VZW Enabled
- Custom HeyItsLou Defiant v3 kernel: http://goo.gl/24c3N
- Apk's zipaligned on boot for increased performance
- Custom Redemption Application Restore (Restores applications for existing Redemption users during install)
- Custom Redemption Application Back up Tool (Manual Back up using Android Terminal)
- Custom Redemption Back up on Boot (All user apps backed up on every full reboot)
- Custom Redemption Performance Script which addresses the following:
- Flash Memory Optimizations
- Multi-Core Idle Mode
- Deep Sleep Frequency & Bus Speed
- Brightness Level Adjustments
- Virtual Memory Adjustments
- Disabled Logger
- Disabled Swap
- Customized Auto Rotate (Portrait/Landscape) speeds
- Customized all of the rather sluggish animation speeds
- CM9 "Smooth Scroll" committ
- CM9 commit separate volume settings for speaker/headset
- Customized stock Launcher2 to provide more fluid movement through ROM
- Advanced Power Menu
- Quick Soft Keys (Removed lag caused by soft key glow animation)
- init.d Support
- CIFS support - http://goo.gl/RhDsW
- TUN support - http://goo.gl/okqlx
- 3D Gallery with working Picasa sync
- NFC Tag support
- Native USB, Wifi & Bluetooth tether capable
- updater-script now deletes /data/dalvik-cache/
- Eri updated with all appropriate VZW entries
- Enabled Full 180 degree rotation in applications
- /data/app functionality
- Custom Mods & Content pushed to SD Card to a directory called "Redemption" during install this will alleviate users from having to download multiple packages they will all be on your SD Card!
- Bash enabled
- Continued work on UI speed and performance
- Proprietary Face Unlock binaries
- Proper Power Profile
- NO UI alterations!
- Su & Superuser
- Google Apps
- Goo Manager
- DSP Audio Manager
- Spare Parts (Provides access to advanced settings)
- Google Wallet
- Android Terminal
- VZW Ringtones, Alarm Tones, Notifications & Boot Animation
- Disabled error checking
- Raised JPG quality to 100%
- Decreased dialing out delay
- Increased scrolling responsiveness
- Zip-aligned for optimized ram usage
- Optimized Framework
- Tweaked wifi scan interval for increased battery life
Pete - for guidance in assisting with my transition from Sense to AOSP and being an all around chill dude.
Krylon360 - for DSP Audio Manager
CM - for DSP Audio Manager, Advanced Power Menu
ChainsDD - for Su & Superuser.
Google - for providing us with an amazing Open Source OS.
You Tube - for providing me with a great platform to share my work in a new and inventive way.
RootzWiki - for providing us with a great place to share our work.
goo-inside.me - for Hosting
mrZoSo & knok - for custom Redemption Rom Wallpapers
All of You! - last but certainly not least all of you the community that support my efforts and bring encouragement that pushes me to strive to new heights in my endeavors...I sincerely thank you.
Place ROM on the root of your SD card and flash via Rom Manager or in Recovery. WIPE DALVIK CACHE, WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET, FORMAT /SYSTEM, FORMAT /CACHE, FORMAT /DATA (a bit over kill, maybe?) but this will ensure that you have no issues whatsoever from the previously installed ROM that carry over.
Special Note: If you use Titanium backup for restoration restore APPS ONLY NO DATA !
Redemption Rom ICS Toro v1.3 Full ROM: http://tinyw.in/85TN
Redemption Rom ICS Toro v1.2 Full ROM: http://goo.gl/AZzk6
- Compiled from AOSP 4.0.4 kernel source 3.0.8 April 1st 2012
- Decreased CPU Transition Latency
- Disabled fsync
- CIFS Support
- TUN Support
- Removed Kernel Debugging
- Removed all unnecessary Debugging
- Noop I/O Scheduler
- Interactive CPU Governor
Redemption Rom "Black Out" Theme: http://tinyw.in/jvZE
Redemption Rom "Blue" Theme: http://tinyw.in/hjU7
Remove "Redemption" Directory: http://tinyw.in/jihW
Edited by HeyItsLou, 18 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.