[bugs]cm7 (cm4d2g)

• Please log in to reply

OP RevNumbers

RevNumbers

Developer

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:31 PM #1

Currently the known bugs are:

in call Bluetooth is broken
FC when switching to Global Mode (GSM) (change does take effect howerver)
alt-lock doesn't work on keyboard (press alt twice to act like alt lock)
stock live wallpapers don't work (market live walls do)

Quirks which aren't exactly "bugs":
Phone won't charge while off
Displays full charge at ~95%
Jumps charge level (ie goes from 14% to 6%) randomly
Battery drain is on/off. (For some battery is fine, others mediocre, and some horrid)

This is the place to post new bugs

If you aren't running the latest build, flash it and retest before reporting a bug!
Post a logcat with your bug report
Only post bugs that are reproducible
If you have used titanium backup to restore data, or haven't done a data/cache wipe the please don't post bug reports

Nightly builds can be found at www.revnumbers.info/d2g.html

ROM has been submitted for official status :) check http://review.cyanogenmod.com/7140 for details

Rev

Edited by RevNumbers, 10 August 2011 - 01:29 PM.

• 0 Likes

Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:05 PM #2

More bugs so far then
Compass is defunct, stuck pointing North (Bearing 000)
LED notifications don't flash right color/unable to test flash
Battery drain is on/off. (For some battery is fine, others mediocre, and some horrid)(Fixed for most part)
All I've found so far from skimming the thread...
Here's some more (skimmed)
Random reboots, differentiating places (i.e. after call, locking screen, on the lockscreen, etc)(FIXED)
Status bar may *occasionally* freeze up (it did for me only once)(?)
Opening slider on boot will cause bootloop(only to my own phone so far, you try it)(FIXED)
Opening slider then tapping pwr bootloops hot reboots, double tap has similar result(FIXED)

Slightly slower boot animation (depending)

Edited by Byakushiki, 19 July 2011 - 12:02 PM.
Bug fixes as of 7/19

• 0 Likes
Yo Buddy. Still alive?

jkmish

jkmish

Average Android

• 74 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:10 PM #3

More bugs so far then
Battery drain is on/off. (For some battery is fine, others mediocre, and some horrid)

I'm curious where to you even find the compass settings? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them.
  • 0 Likes

dead_ohio_sky

dead_ohio_sky

Android Lover

• 133 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:25 PM #4

Anyone else noticing the power widget breaking in the latest build? It normally happens after a restart and requires a wipe of data/cache to fix.

EDIT: This is using the 7-17 build. It seems to be completely independent of loading apps, and more after I configure ADW. I normally just change a few small things like a 5 icon dock, etc. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: It seems as if some things are working, but the widget isn't updating the indicator bar. Torch still turns on, along with wifi. Brightness level will change 1 time, then is stuck after that.

Edited by dead_ohio_sky, 17 July 2011 - 04:24 PM.

• 0 Likes

zaq1

zaq1

Android Apprentice

• 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:14 PM #5

I'm curious where to you even find the compass settings? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them.

Using a compass app.

When reporting a bug, please state which version you're using. Not everyone is able to keep pace with the nightlies.
  • 0 Likes

msgreenf

msgreenf

Android Addict

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:30 PM #6

Battery drain bug fix:

Check CPU Settings in CPU menu, go to menu --> settings --> CM Settings --> Performance --> CPU Settings --> Set available governors to ondemand

Edited by msgreenf, 17 July 2011 - 04:33 PM.

• 0 Likes

Aroth

Aroth

Android Addict

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:31 PM #7

Anyone else noticing the power widget breaking in the latest build? It normally happens after a restart and requires a wipe of data/cache to fix.

EDIT: This is using the 7-17 build. It seems to be completely independent of loading apps, and more after I configure ADW. I normally just change a few small things like a 5 icon dock, etc. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: It seems as if some things are working, but the widget isn't updating the indicator bar. Torch still turns on, along with wifi. Brightness level will change 1 time, then is stuck after that.

This sounds like its related to the problems people have been having with settings not sticking.
  • 0 Likes
Censorship is telling a man can't he eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it.

msgreenf

msgreenf

Android Addict

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:32 PM #8

Another bug I have noticed is that there are no CM WiFi Hotspot settings...I think this is because these haven't been pulled into the build yet...
  • 0 Likes

patrickc

patrickc

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:33 PM #9

When reporting a bug, please state which version you're using. Not everyone is able to keep pace with the nightlies.

That's not entirely right either. Nightlies are made and bugs are fixed with every build, so you might be reporting old news if you're using an old build. Therefore you should only be reporting bugs on the latest build, or else the thread needs a changelog between each build describing each fix (as to avoid reporting of old bugs).
  • 0 Likes

Aroth

Aroth

Android Addict

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:35 PM #10

More bugs so far then

What exactly is happening when you say it displays full charge at 95%? I know high end electronics (my laptop is bad about it) have a tendency to stop charging around 95% to 98% as a safety precaution to prevent overcharging the battery.

Rev, would you be so kind as to update your OP with known bugs as they are reported as well as list possible fixes to attempt? It may help keep this thread uncluttered and keep us from having to answer the same question 10 times over the course of a week.

That's not entirely right either. Nightlies are made and bugs are fixed with every build, so you might be reporting old news if you're using an old build. Therefore you should only be reporting bugs on the latest build, or else the thread needs a changelog between each build describing each fix (as to avoid reporting of old bugs).

This is along the lines of what I meant with my above statement Rev.

Edited by Aroth, 17 July 2011 - 04:45 PM.

• 0 Likes
Censorship is telling a man can't he eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it.