• Please log in to reply

OP LEGEND

LEGEND

Average Android

• 229 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:53 AM #371

Trying to!
  • 1 Likes
If You Like My Ports Please Click The THANKS Button!!!
I have successful Wifi Calling with MIUI using FAUX Kernel, this ONE.
GOO.IM

saotua

saotua

Android Apprentice

• 92 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:22 AM #372

Awesome man. You can do it!
  • 0 Likes

deathskater

deathskater

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:21 AM #373

I've been searching everywhere and have not found anything that works... I want to mount my internal Sd as a primary storage.. example: gameloft game data going there etc ... the 5.3gb internal memory not the 1.2gb

I hate the clutter in my external card as I use that to manage all my files and media

Also has anyone tried Trinity ELP kernel I'm currently using Faux U/V 1.1ghz 048 CM , When I tried trinity I experienced 1 random reboot that the boot animation lasted forever to then a black screen.. I imedietly restored to stock miui galnet and flashed the Faux. Faux does consume more battery :( but w.e 3500mah OTW =D

Using the latest Galnet I was reading about 1 using the ics framework wich one is it?

Edited by deathskater, 12 May 2012 - 08:58 AM.

• 0 Likes

deathskater

deathskater

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:26 PM #374

Now I'm getting a message every time I boot my Phone to move data to SD card the message appears twice >.<

Edit: Found it in the internal memory inside Data/Sd card it created a folder called Miui with nothing in it -.- Deleted it

Edited by deathskater, 12 May 2012 - 04:43 PM.

• 0 Likes

HaVokTEK

HaVokTEK

• 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:19 PM #375

Still here, the last port I tried was a boot loop... I'm getting another sdcard so it will be easier for me to test stuff... I Wish I had another G2x too... hate flashing so much!

Glad to see you Rollin' ! This Galnet build buy far has been my most stable run ever. After I got over the ICS fix, I needed a stable everyday operator. With the tried and tru Faux kernel, I've been keeping the faith. Thank you for all you do!

• 0 Likes

HaVokTEK

HaVokTEK

• 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:42 PM #376

I've been searching everywhere and have not found anything that works... I want to mount my internal Sd as a primary storage.. example: gameloft game data going there etc ... the 5.3gb internal memory not the 1.2gb

I hate the clutter in my external card as I use that to manage all my files and media

Also has anyone tried Trinity ELP kernel I'm currently using Faux U/V 1.1ghz 048 CM , When I tried trinity I experienced 1 random reboot that the boot animation lasted forever to then a black screen.. I imedietly restored to stock miui galnet and flashed the Faux. Faux does consume more battery :( but w.e 3500mah OTW =D

Using the latest Galnet I was reading about 1 using the ics framework wich one is it?

I don't like the Trinity kernels because of the custom boot and the weird way it does my phone, but every phone is different.

Check this out, the link may still be good
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1144553
  • 0 Likes

deathskater

deathskater

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:59 PM #377

I don't like the Trinity kernels because of the custom boot and the weird way it does my phone, but every phone is different.

Check this out, the link may still be good
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1144553

maybe I did that wrong but I already tried it and it was like I did nothing at all.

I suppose I'll have to get used to it. I'll probably just use that storage for my downloads and what not idk.

Not sure if it's kernel related or what it was. I don't even know exactly what I was doing, was answering a text half asleep... but the phone seemed like it rebooted very very quick. It went to the bootanimation and then done no loading or anything... it was odd. I really like the trinity kernel because of the undervolting and great battery life... any ideas on that glitch or w.e it was?

Apart from that it's been solid also been lurking around and this sems to be the most reliable miui port around others have plenty of bad reviews and ppl talking about problems.

How come I can only find this thread by google and not in the development section inside rootzwiki? kinda odd lol

BTW the custom boot can be easily changed simply by copy pasting any bootanimation you want into the system/media in ur root

Edited by deathskater, 13 May 2012 - 12:06 AM.

• 0 Likes

HaVokTEK

HaVokTEK

• 70 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:58 AM #378

maybe I did that wrong but I already tried it and it was like I did nothing at all.

I suppose I'll have to get used to it. I'll probably just use that storage for my downloads and what not idk.

Not sure if it's kernel related or what it was. I don't even know exactly what I was doing, was answering a text half asleep... but the phone seemed like it rebooted very very quick. It went to the bootanimation and then done no loading or anything... it was odd. I really like the trinity kernel because of the undervolting and great battery life... any ideas on that glitch or w.e it was?

Apart from that it's been solid also been lurking around and this sems to be the most reliable miui port around others have plenty of bad reviews and ppl talking about problems.

How come I can only find this thread by google and not in the development section inside rootzwiki? kinda odd lol

BTW the custom boot can be easily changed simply by copy pasting any bootanimation you want into the system/media in ur root

I'm familiar with changing in my boot, I do that as a standard procedure but it gets messed up when I use the trinity kernels AND the swap.
When I use FAUX it works every time, also I have a procedure for doing the swap flash with a custom kernel as well.
Flash Miui..., reboot .....get back into Cwm flash custom kernel, and cm7 swap right after. Also out of all the cm7 flashes posted on that site, only the Miui alpha worked continuously

Edited by HaVokTEK, 13 May 2012 - 04:02 AM.

• 0 Likes

deathskater

deathskater

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:07 AM #379

I'm familiar with changing in my boot, I do that as a standard procedure but it gets messed up when I use the trinity kernels AND the swap.
When I use FAUX it works every time, also I have a procedure for doing the swap flash with a custom kernel as well.
Flash Miui..., reboot .....get back into Cwm flash custom kernel, and cm7 swap right after. Also out of all the cm7 flashes posted on that site, only the Miui alpha worked continuously

I'll create a backup and try to find a working link last time I cheked the alpha was down >.< and I switched back to Faux I noticed some odd behavior on trinity.

I also did some antutu benchmarks with both faux is scoring higher on ram , 3D, SD write and read.. lol may consume a bit more battery but it's worth it.

On quadrant trinity only scores higher because of some tweak the kernel has with I/O but overall faux seems much smoother now :)
  • 0 Likes

deathskater

deathskater

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:01 PM #380

I have confirmed a bug I even made a full wipe and fresh install.

If i receive a text and open by unlocking to the right wich opens messaging app, phone reboots and sometimes it get stuck on boot animation
This was tested on different kernels will now try withother texting app

It stopped happening when I tested with Go SMS pro.. :( Also forgot to mention this is latest Galnet. The issue doesn't happen 100% of the time but about 40-50% and it is ONLY when you receive a text and you unlock it that way as soon as possible. I did mention in a earlier post I didn't know why it rebooted that I was half a sleep I was doing this lol

I am now going to try the Miui android hoping for a stable every day Rom your MIUI Rom was the first I tried and fell in love with MIUI I would like to stay with yours and support. Keep up the good work it is very much appreciated.

Update: So far Miui android is working very nice. I'm running with Faux 048 OC/UV 1.1ghz kernel only issue so far is that battery is getting a bit hot while charging :( highest I've seen it go is 44C I read somewhere max safe is around 53C .. any feed back on this would be nice

Update2: well to those interested in the ELP trinity kernel there is a repacked version with theme fix to run with miui: http://goo.gl/A3vIs ( I do not own this all credit belongs to some dude from G2X-SINGH-UI) if this is an issue I'll edit and take the link down.

for some reason my phone is loving this kernel it no longer gets hot while charging and Wifi calling magically started working for the first time Ever not even with stock rom or faux kernel etc like everyone says but with this it started working.. yeah weird..

Edited by deathskater, 14 May 2012 - 10:26 AM.

• 0 Likes