Rate this Topic

- - - - -

TacoRoot - HTC Universal Root Exploit 12-30-2011

• Please log in to reply

jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:53 AM #11

Hello I need some help I am trying to root a EVO 4G 2-3-5 2.18 I have done the HTC unlock and am trying the taco method and the first time it did not take. So I the second time this is what i get please help thanks alot. C:\android>adb push tacoroot.sh /data/local/
33 KB/s (2129 bytes in 0.062s)

C:\android>adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tacoroot.sh

C:\android>adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --setup
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1
By Justin Case (jcase)
Presented by TeamAndIRC, RootzWiki and AndroidPolice
With great assistance from Reid Holland (Erishasnobattery)
----------
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1 is based on a vulnerability independently discovered by

both Justin Case and Dan Rosenberg (Rosenberg first). I believe unrevoked and
AlpahRev were also aware of it.
----------
Usage:
--recovery : For this exploit to work, you must have booted recovery at least on
ce after your last factory reset.
--setup : Setup the phone for root, must be done before --root.
--root : Root the phone.
--undo : Remove TacoRoot.
----------
Rebooting into recovery, please press Volume+, Volume- and Power at the same tim
e, and reboot the system.
rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory

C:\android>adb shell
$

If you have done an HTC unlock... just flash clockworkmod, then flash the root zip thru clockworkmod.
  • 0 Likes

Captain_Throwback

Captain_Throwback

Android Beginner

• 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:35 PM #12

If you have done an HTC unlock... just flash clockworkmod, then flash the root zip thru clockworkmod.

Better yet, flash RA-supersonic. But yes, if you've already unlocked your bootloader, root is only two steps away:

- Flash a custom recovery (Amon_RA's recommended - all others are unreliable on the Supersonic)
- Flash Superuser

Done!

TacoRoot would be an alternative rooting method that would allow you to temp root and downgrade HBOOT to unlock your NAND with a previous method.
  • 0 Likes
Device: HTC PC36100 (EVOTM 4G) | Hardware Version: 0003
Baseband Version (Radio): 2.15.00.12.19 | PRI Version: 2.33_003 | PRL Version: 61087

Recovery: RA-supersonic-v2.3 - HAUS MOD rev.A

sleddriver

sleddriver

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:51 PM #13

I am having pretty good luck but at step 11, I get the # but the command prompt doesn't stay there. It jumps to the command prompt for my android directory (L:\android>). So, when I enter the next command, I get "the system cannot find the path specified". It won't stay on the # for the next command. Any thoughts?
  • 0 Likes

McSplatt

McSplatt

Android Beginner

• 55 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:05 PM #14

so... do you suppose i could use this in place of zergRush , still following subsequent script commands in the downgrade tool for dinc2?
  • 0 Likes

McSplatt

McSplatt

Android Beginner

• 55 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:06 PM #15

what root zip?
  • 0 Likes

dmeadows013

dmeadows013

Semi AOKP Dev

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:32 AM #16

TACOS!!!!!!!!

And taco quit...

Great job Jcase. Keep the good stuff coming :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

6foot5nbad

6foot5nbad

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:39 AM #17

Jcase, I need your help dude.......I have a problem with an Evo I got from someone, it mostly gets stuck in a bootloop however I think as long as the battery is fully charged it'll stay on. Bootloader is unlocked however I'm not able to boot into recovery in fastboot after I -fastboot flash recovery recovery.XXXXX.img-. I've tried several time to either -fastboot reboot recovery- or use hboot to boot into recovery but the phone just bootloops....... I'm not able to RUU because its on the 5.0.7. and there is no such RUU. I came across shortydoggs guide on XDA on how to RUU 5.0.7 but it requires su "#" and since I can't boot into recovery I can't flash an su.zip. I then came across your guide and I'm focusing on the temproot method to get su "#" so I can continue with shortydoggs guide. The problem is I can't boot into recovery so I can't create a recovery log file which is what the exploit requires to gain temp root. so I was wondering if I can -adb push log file /data/data/recovery/- to use your exploit without actually having to boot into recovery to create it, and if so, would you happen to have a recovery log file I can use?
  • 0 Likes