5 votes

[05-24-12]PeanutButta Jelly Time

• Please log in to reply

ThehulKK

ThehulKK

Average Android

• 238 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:33 PM #81

Which file can you edit to change the voltages for each level?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:57 PM #82

yea tweakstock is a ROM not a kernel, but contains a packaged kernel. Do it again, This time mount system in cwm, wipe, wipe wipe, and flash. it should work fine

there are different packages for Tweak Stock, with and without kernel and with and without recovery and also there are CWR flashable zips and Odin files. If you want to run Tweak Stock with this kernel I suggest the following.

Backup anything you need.

Use the full stock Odin, according to this thread (When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.):
http://rootzwiki.com...ock-latest-ota/

That will undo anything you have done no matter what you did, any rom, any kernel, any recovery, that will put it back to bone factory stock and correct all sins. Let it boot up normal one good time, at least I did, just to be sure I had a stable working stock device before moving forward. Good practice but not necessarily necessary.

Then use the Odin flashable version of Tweak Stock 1.1 which has no kernel named TweakStockv1.1NoKern.tar.md5.7z (you have to use 7zip to unzip before flashing that in Odin) (When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.)

Then you want to Odin the latest Recovery by imnuts found here (When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.):
http://rootzwiki.com...rkmod-recovery/

Then you want to Odin the imoseyon 4.0 kernel found here (this will convert your data, dbdata and system partitions to ext4 so you can take advantage of voodoo lagfix)(When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.):
http://rootzwiki.com...ked-v400-11611/

Then flash this PBJ 1115 Kernel by booting up using the three finger method to get into CWR. (power, vol-up, home)

Notice at every single Odin step I mentioned unchecking auto-reboot after returning it to stock. It will save you a lot of trouble and time.

That process will yield you a clean install of the latest 1209 recovery , the latest PBJ 1115 kernel, and the latest Tweak Stock 1.1 rom, with ext4 enabled and all. I find this combo to be really really good, seriously, I am over 15 hours into my battery now at 1200Mhz using the smartass v2 governor. It's quicker than any other combo yet and that includes using all sorts of tweaks, roms, kernels, V6 "supercharger", FuGu tweak, etc......

Someone may suggest a slight variation of the above process but that's what I did as I best can recall from last night and it worked great.

Edited by neyenlives, 16 January 2012 - 09:04 PM.

• 0 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD

find me on irc.freenode.net #verizons3

bl00tdi

bl00tdi

Android Beginner

• 50 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:13 PM #83

Are people running 3D simulations on their phones? Where's the need for so much OC'ing?

I have noticed web pages being rendered more quickly with a 300mhz overclock. That alone makes it worth it to me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Edited by bl00tdi, 16 January 2012 - 09:14 PM.

• 1 Likes

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:26 PM #84

It makes everything quicker, don't ask us why, ask yourself why not?
  • 0 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD

stueycaster

stueycaster

Average Android

• 262 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:12 AM #85

yea tweakstock is a ROM not a kernel, but contains a packaged kernel. Do it again, This time mount system in cwm, wipe, wipe wipe, and flash. it should work fine

I'd rather not wipe data if I could get away with it. Do you think I could get away with just mounting system and wiping cache and dalvik?

there are different packages for Tweak Stock, with and without kernel and with and without recovery and also there are CWR flashable zips and Odin files. If you want to run Tweak Stock with this kernel I suggest the following.

Backup anything you need.

Use the full stock Odin, according to this thread (When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.):
http://rootzwiki.com...ock-latest-ota/

That will undo anything you have done no matter what you did, any rom, any kernel, any recovery, that will put it back to bone factory stock and correct all sins. Let it boot up normal one good time, at least I did, just to be sure I had a stable working stock device before moving forward. Good practice but not necessarily necessary.

Then use the Odin flashable version of Tweak Stock 1.1 which has no kernel named TweakStockv1.1NoKern.tar.md5.7z (you have to use 7zip to unzip before flashing that in Odin) (When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.)

Then you want to Odin the latest Recovery by imnuts found here (When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.):
http://rootzwiki.com...rkmod-recovery/

Then you want to Odin the imoseyon 4.0 kernel found here (this will convert your data, dbdata and system partitions to ext4 so you can take advantage of voodoo lagfix)(When you Odin that make sure auto-reboot is unchecked.):
http://rootzwiki.com...ked-v400-11611/

Then flash this PBJ 1115 Kernel by booting up using the three finger method to get into CWR. (power, vol-up, home)

Notice at every single Odin step I mentioned unchecking auto-reboot after returning it to stock. It will save you a lot of trouble and time.

That process will yield you a clean install of the latest 1209 recovery , the latest PBJ 1115 kernel, and the latest Tweak Stock 1.1 rom, with ext4 enabled and all. I find this combo to be really really good, seriously, I am over 15 hours into my battery now at 1200Mhz using the smartass v2 governor. It's quicker than any other combo yet and that includes using all sorts of tweaks, roms, kernels, V6 "supercharger", FuGu tweak, etc......

Someone may suggest a slight variation of the above process but that's what I did as I best can recall from last night and it worked great.

If I choose the long route and I uncheck "auto reboot" How do I get out of Odin? Do you just reboot the phone manually or pull the battery? Maybe I screwed up my Tweak Stock w/kernel installation by allowing auto reboot? Also do you think running ext4 is really better than rfs? I was getting much higher Quadrant scores on ext4 but I kinda believe them when they say Quadrant scores don't mean much.

Sorry for so many questions. I'm a firm believer in the old adage "The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked". Besides I'm very curious minded. I'm also a pretty bad newb.

I get a little nervous about doing a lot of flashing. I actually had a dream where my phone caught on fire last night.

Edited by stueycaster, 17 January 2012 - 02:22 AM.

• 0 Likes

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:02 AM #86

Posted Image

Notice towards the beginning a tiny power blip, that was me docking it for a minute and unplugging right away. The longer blip late in the cycle was last night me inadvertently plugging it into the computer to try something with it, not thinking it would start charging also because my intent was to test true battery life. I have a dock at work and a second battery so plugging it into the dock is second nature when I sit down at my desk. Today I get a chance to really push it by running my headphones with Power Amp hard for probably several hours. But the above shows pretty regular use on a typical day with very little idle time, maybe one phone call, plenty of data use and lots of screen time(on auto). This is between home and work, both in strong 4G coverage areas but inside the building at times it tends to hunt between 4G and 3G data. No WiFi usage. No Bluetooth usage. Gmail and Exchange automatically push all day and night including calendar. I don't really play games on my phone. Around 19-20 actively running services on a regular basis including:

Settings (ok)
Voodoo Control Plus (ok)
Power AMP (ok)
Open Signal Maps (ok)
Mr Number (ok)
Minimalistic Text (widget)
Aqua Pets (daughter plays it sometimes)
DRM Content (?)
Factory Test (?)
PVWmdrmProxy (?)
SyncMLSvc (?)
Sync Service (looks like "backup assistant, even though I don't use it)
SNS (ok)
SecPhone (?)
Email (ok)
Google Services (ok)
Swiftkey X (ok)
Rx Networks PGPS Seed DownloaderService (?)

any insight into the services marked (?) would be appreciated, anything I can uninstall safely to slim this down?

Edited by neyenlives, 17 January 2012 - 04:31 AM.

• 0 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:09 AM #87

I'd rather not wipe data if I could get away with it. Do you think I could get away with just mounting system and wiping cache and dalvik?

If I choose the long route and I uncheck "auto reboot" How do I get out of Odin? Do you just reboot the phone manually or pull the battery? Maybe I screwed up my Tweak Stock w/kernel installation by allowing auto reboot? Also do you think running ext4 is really better than rfs? I was getting much higher Quadrant scores on ext4 but I kinda believe them when they say Quadrant scores don't mean much.

Sorry for so many questions. I'm a firm believer in the old adage "The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked". Besides I'm very curious minded. I'm also a pretty bad newb.

I get a little nervous about doing a lot of flashing. I actually had a dream where my phone caught on fire last night.

get Titanium Backup and backup your apps, then wipe, whether it goes ok or totally fubar depends on what rom and kernel you are running now but a wipe is always the way to go, if the thought of wiping your phone gives you anxiety you probably should be running stock firmware and leave it at that, not to be mean, it is what it is. I gave you very clear concise step by step instructions on how to get where you want to be. Anything more would be out of scope of this discussion. If you need help with Odin, wiping, backing up, etc.....then you should try other threads for that basic info.

Edited by neyenlives, 17 January 2012 - 04:51 AM.

• 0 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD

Jborch8

Jborch8

Android Beginner

• 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:29 AM #88

I have noticed web pages being rendered more quickly with a 300mhz overclock. That alone makes it worth it to me.

of course, a little OC is great. But folks feeling the need to OC beyond the phone's capabilities just seems risky.

• 0 Likes

stueycaster

stueycaster

Average Android

• 262 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:54 AM #89

get Titanium Backup and backup your apps, then wipe, whether it goes ok or totally fubar depends on what rom and kernel you are running now but a wipe is always the way to go, if the thought of wiping your phone gives you anxiety you probably should be running stock firmware and leave it at that, not to be mean, it is what it is. I gave you very clear concise step by step instructions on how to get where you want to be. Anything more would be out of scope of this discussion. If you need help with Odin, wiping, backing up, etc.....then you should try other threads for that basic info.

OK I'll do it. I'm really not that chicken. I just have to ask every question that pops into my head and I've always used "auto reboot" in Odin. Sorry to be a pain.

I already use Titanium. It's just that I redid all my apps just a few days back. Oh well, I guess I won't learn if I don't try. Thanks a lot, seriously.

Edited by stueycaster, 17 January 2012 - 07:00 AM.

• 0 Likes

electron

electron

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:04 AM #90

DRM Content (I've frozen this)
Factory Test (I would be afraid to kill this. It looks like it handles some of the RIL commands.)
PVWmdrmProxy (I've frozen this)
SyncMLSvc (I have no clue what this is, its not on my phone. Freeze it and find out :D)
Sync Service (I think this is verizon's contact sync-er. I've frozen this.)
SecPhone (Don't freeze this.)
Rx Networks PGPS Seed DownloaderService (I have not frozen this, but it wouldn't hurt to try and find out.)

Comments put in the quote above.
You can freeze the apps like I have by going to /system/app in an application like Root Browser, and renaming the application's file name to [filename].apk.xxx (just adding some nonsense thing to the end so the system doesn't know its an application). Reboot, and see how it works :)

Back to the correct topic,
Imnuts, you have done a tremendous job! The battery life seems amazing (I undervolted 1 more step for both 800MHz and 1GHz), and everything seems nice and stable and snappy! Thanks for all your hard work!
  • 0 Likes