Android OS Forum banner

Good mobile messaging doesn't play well with root...

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  _base2 
#1 ·
Does anyone here use the Good Mobile Messaging application for enterprise email? It does a stupid "security check" when it initializes and it checks for root... and, of course, if it's rooted it locks the application, denies access and wipes the app data from the phone... lame to say the least...

Anyone have any ideas to get the security check to succeed whilst maintaining root? I believe it looks for the su binary but I'm not 100% sure...

Thanks in advance!

[ sent from _base2 ]

#5 ·
The "good" app sucks big time but it's mandatory if we want email on our phones... so lame considering we use OUR phones and not company phones... they should allow root. It's a server-side setting that the IT admins specify... so lame.

[ sent from _base2 ]

#11 ·
I wish i could use td but no love at my company ... they have crazy strict regulations on how information is handled so we can only access it certain ways... and it has to he setup on the backend...we can't even do anything... crazy if you ask me :-/

[ sent from _base2 ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.