Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[Official] HTC Bootloader Unlock for MT4GS

• Please log in to reply

TheRealHotshot

TheRealHotshot

• 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:07 PM #11

Can Hboot 1.45.0013 be rooted yet? I'm trying to root my phone to install a custom rom.
  • 0 Likes

HebrewToYou

HebrewToYou

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:33 AM #12

Can Hboot 1.45.0013 be rooted yet? I'm trying to root my phone to install a custom rom.

It sure can, but it requires one of two things:

1) S-OFF acquired *before* upgrading to this latest Hboot
2) Using the HTC-provided bootloader unlock process

I'm running the latest OTA system on my doubleshot; it's rooted, has the official CWM recovery and has been [manually] de-bloated.
  • 0 Likes

TheRealHotshot

TheRealHotshot

• 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:15 AM #13

It sure can, but it requires one of two things:

1) S-OFF acquired *before* upgrading to this latest Hboot
2) Using the HTC-provided bootloader unlock process

I'm running the latest OTA system on my doubleshot; it's rooted, has the official CWM recovery and has been [manually] de-bloated.

So I should try the htc bootloader unlock process?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

HebrewToYou

HebrewToYou

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:43 PM #14

So I should try the htc bootloader unlock process?

Unless you want to wait for Revolutionary to support the new Hboot, I'd go for it. I ran it on my HTC Express (EVO View 4G tablet) and it's fairly decent. It's *not* S-OFF, but it lets you use fastboot commands and flash custom roms.
  • 0 Likes

TheRealHotshot

TheRealHotshot

• 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:26 PM #15

Unless you want to wait for Revolutionary to support the new Hboot, I'd go for it. I ran it on my HTC Express (EVO View 4G tablet) and it's fairly decent. It's *not* S-OFF, but it lets you use fastboot commands and flash custom roms.

Okay and than when Revolutionary support the new Hboot can I than use it? Or stuck with the htcdev unlock bootloader.

• 0 Likes

HebrewToYou

HebrewToYou

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:50 PM #16

Theoretically, unlocking your bootloader via HTC *should* still allow Revolutionary to do its thing. But that doesn't mean that HTC hasn't done something nefarious to prevent it... ;)
  • 0 Likes

TheRealHotshot

TheRealHotshot

• 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:19 PM #17

Theoretically, unlocking your bootloader via HTC *should* still allow Revolutionary to do its thing. But that doesn't mean that HTC hasn't done something nefarious to prevent it...

So in "your" opinion what do you think I should do? Use the htc bootloader or just wait for Revolutionary to crack it?

• 0 Likes

HebrewToYou

HebrewToYou

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:31 PM #18

So in "your" opinion what do you think I should do? Use the htc bootloader or just wait for Revolutionary to crack it?

In my opinion, use the bootloader unlock. It's fast, easy and lets you accomplish what you would want to do. It's not S-OFF, but it suffices.
  • 0 Likes

TheRealHotshot

TheRealHotshot

• 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:08 PM #19

In my opinion, use the bootloader unlock. It's fast, easy and lets you accomplish what you would want to do. It's not S-OFF, but it suffices.

Okay I'll give it a shot this weekend. Hopefully htc fixed it since I've heard it was down.

• 0 Likes

TheRealHotshot

TheRealHotshot

• 31 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:21 AM #20

Well HTC hasn't fixed the bootloader. So guess I'll try and wait for revo to crack the 1.45.0013 hboot

• 0 Likes