1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

4 votes

[ROM][HC][3.2.1] Ideapad K1 Rooted + CWM (14_14_120109 US build)

• Please log in to reply

tommybuilt2012

tommybuilt2012

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:45 PM #21

Hello,

I do not get this option
Disable signature verification
  • 0 Likes

OP khanning

khanning

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:00 PM #22

@tommybuilt2012

To recap, the steps you take are:
1. Use the Reboot Recovery widget or the app to press the button to reboot to recovery
2. Press "Now" on the "K1 System Update" prompt. If your battery is less than 70% make sure the power cord is connected
3. When the device reboots to recovery you will get the android with the exclamation point
4. Press the power button once. (Once when my battery was real low I had to double tap the power button, this hasn't happened again since). This should toggle the display and show you the Main Menu of the recovery.
5. Press Vol- four times to "install zip from sd card". Press Home button
6. Press Vol- twice to "toggle signature verification". Press Home button
7. Press home button to "choose zip from sdcard"
8. Choose the .zip you would like to flash on the sdcard.

There is no need to put an update.zip on the /sdcard/Download directory anymore. The Recovery Reboot Widget/App I included does this automatically.
  • 1 Likes
Like my work?
Donate via Paypal

tommybuilt2012

tommybuilt2012

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:24 PM #23

Hi
Boy do I fell dumb! (. Press Vol- four times to "install zip from sd card". Press Home button
6. Press Vol- twice to "toggle signature verification". Press Home button
7. Press home button to "choose zip from sdcard")
I wasn't pressing the home button. So sorry to trouble you guys. Thank you so much for your responses. That took care of it.
  • 0 Likes

kennethrkennedy

kennethrkennedy

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:19 AM #24

Awesome job on version1. I will be flashing #2 in a few hours when I get off work. I was rooted before using the other roms but this is the best. I've been using this rom for about 10 days and have not had any issues. Booting is fast, the Lenovo boot animation plays one time and I'm at the lock screen, opposed to before wondering if it was going to boot this time.
Thanks
  • 0 Likes

kennethrkennedy

kennethrkennedy

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:01 AM #25

Flashed ALPHA2 just now and all seems well. I tried the reboot to recovery app, reboots into recovery!!
Now I just need something to install from zip :tongue3:
Awesome job!!
  • 0 Likes

boyliny

boyliny

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:40 AM #26

Greetings,

I have been working on porting ClockworkMod Recovery (unofficial) to the Lenovo Ideapad K1.

Why Alpha?

• The battery must be > 70% OR plugged into power to boot to the recovery
  • Backup/Restore not currently working
  • If you make any changes to the boot.img, or modifications to the Settings apk's you may not be able to get back into the recovery without reflashing everything over again.
The Stock Rom
  • Already rooted with the latest version of Superuser.apk
  • Original Honeycomb status bar look (No Favorites Button)
  • Google Apps
  • build.prop changes to spoof Motorola Xoom (Was missing many apps from the market before, i.e. GTA III)
  • Lenovo Market Removed
  • Based off the 111017 update
  • Android Terminal Emulator
  • OI File Manager
  • Reboot to Recovery Widget/App

This looks like some really awesome work and I am about ready to make the jump. Having root and the performance improvements sound great. I have the APX driver loaded and have verified that I can get into that mode.

I know that there are some differences/problems with the newer bootloaders (after 04_04_111017) but since you are current based off the 111017 update, do you think it will take long to have this work with the lastest 13_13_111209 update?

Thanks,
JR
  • 0 Likes

OP khanning

khanning

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:17 PM #27

Thanks to gallahad2000 we were able to get a dump of all the original third party apps. I created a flashable .zip file and updated the 2nd post with the download link and instructions. If your not using CWM you can pull the userdata.img file out of the zip and use it with nvflash.

ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip
af6129dcba85f13ce38cfc645da2fe72
Restores all the third party apps that came with the stock Rom.
To install:
1. Put the ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
2. Boot into recovery (via Widget or App) Upon booting to recovery you will get an exclamation point because the blank update.zip failed to install (of course). Just press the power button to toggle the display.
3. Go to install .zip from sdcard
4. Disable signature verification
5. Choose ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip and flash.
If you want to remove any of the third party apps you can remove the apk from /data/app/temp

@boyliny
I didn't think it was going to be possible to update to a newer build because of the bootloader change in 111017, but today I had a big breakthrough. I was able to update the entire system and kernel to the 111025 update (Honeycomb 3.2.1) while keeping root and CWM recovery. I had to recompile recovery with the newer kernel, but after that I was able to boot into CWM. I think I will be able to get everything up to the latest update now that I'm past that 111017 update.

Hopefully will have an update soon with the latest build....
  • 2 Likes
Like my work?
Donate via Paypal

yaggermr

yaggermr

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:50 AM #28

Could someone please post the modified build.prop file.Im rooted and using 3.2 total stock except for su. I would like to try the modified prop to spoof the xoom for the market. Thanks

• 0 Likes

gallahad2000

gallahad2000

• 23 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:52 AM #29

Could someone please post the modified build.prop file.Im rooted and using 3.2 total stock except for su. I would like to try the modified prop to spoof the xoom for the market. Thanks

You can just edit the build.prop file (with root explorer or ES) in the /system/ folder and put in/replace the following entries:

ro.product.model=Xoom
ro.product.brand=motorola
ro.product.manufacturer=Motorola
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/trygon/stingray:3.0/HRI39/101999:user/release-keys

or

ro.product.model=A500
ro.product.brand=acer
ro.product.manufacturer=Acer
ro.build.fingerprint=acer/picasso_generic1/picasso:3.1/HMJ37/1308231019:user/release-keys

***Clarification**** Checking compatibility at the gameloft store, Xoom and A500 both get 19 games listed as compatible and all but 2 are the same. Xoom gets Hero of Sparta and Backstab. A500 gets Modern Combat 2 and Let's Golf HD (in addition to Let's Golf 3 HD). Of those 4 only Backstab and MC2 are available in the android market so I'd probably pick based on which of those you prefer.

Edited by gallahad2000, 12 January 2012 - 11:01 AM.

• 1 Likes

OP khanning

khanning

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:46 AM #30

Just posted a flashable zip that will update your entire system to the 111029 update!! This includes system, boot.img, and an updated CWM recovery.img.

Instructions from Post 2

LatestUpdate_111029.zip
Updates the system, boot.img, and recovery to the latest versions.
To Install:
1. Put the LatestUpdate_11029.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
2. Boot into recovery (via Widget or App) Upon booting to recovery you will get an exclamation point because the blank update.zip failed to install (of course). Just press the power button to toggle the display.
3. Go to install .zip from sdcard
4. Disable signature verification
5. Choose LatestUpdate_11029.zip and flash.

@yaggermr
I believe the important change to the build.prop was the ro.build.fingerprint entry
This is what you want:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/trygon/stingray:3.0/HRI39/101999:user/release-keys

After that clear the Market Cache and Force Stop
Then clear the Google Services Framework Data and Force Stop
Reboot and you should have all the missing apps in the market.

Edited by khanning, 12 January 2012 - 10:19 AM.

• 3 Likes
Like my work?
Donate via Paypal