1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

4 votes

[ROM][HC][3.2.1] Ideapad K1 Rooted + CWM (14_14_120109 US build)

• Please log in to reply

MotoBruno

MotoBruno

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:07 AM #101

Hi guys.
My tablet is a Medion LifeTab P9516 but the hardware is the same of Lenovo IdeaPad K1.

I'm trying to root the tab with your method, but i have an error with this output:
Nvflash started
rcm version 0x4
Command send failed <usb write failed>

And this with both Windows XP and Linux Fedora 16.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
  • 0 Likes

john.louis2000

john.louis2000

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:16 AM #102

I'd be happy to, but i'll need someone with the SG version to join me in freenode irc room #ideapad-k1 to test.

If you don't have an irc client you can just go to:

Khanning,
Thanks for your prompt reply but I am not into developement so just wondering if someone in the forum can help in freenode. I do not know what information I need to give you. You mentioned I can just go to:::but with no link..

Also can someone please write few steps for novice like me to use this ROM for flashing.

Many thanks
John
  • 0 Likes

gallahad2000

gallahad2000

• 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:25 PM #103

Khanning,
Thanks for your prompt reply but I am not into developement so just wondering if someone in the forum can help in freenode. I do not know what information I need to give you. You mentioned I can just go to:::but with no link..

Also can someone please write few steps for novice like me to use this ROM for flashing.

http://webchat.freenode.net/ is the link. make up a name to use, #ideapad-k1 is the room

Khanning has made the process pretty automated, pretty much all the steps you need are in the OP.

Edited by gallahad2000, 10 April 2012 - 12:28 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP khanning

khanning

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:02 AM #104

Updated the first post with R2, which updates busybox and adds init.d support.

If your already using the Rom you can use either updater_120109_R2.zip or updater_120109_M_GE.zip to apply the update.

The US nvflash package has been updated to R2, but I will need someone with the M_GE version to join me in freenode irc #ideapad-k1 to help update the M_GE nvflash package.
  • 1 Likes
Like my work?
Donate via Paypal

leo_bsb

leo_bsb

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:09 PM #105

Just tried to update the R2 file.
Wiped cache and dalvik before reboot.
All apps FC on startup and I couldn't boot into recovery to install the big file since the recovery app FC too.
Big problem now.

EDIT: I'm flashing the full nvflash now, too bad I'll lost all my data.

Updated the first post with R2, which updates busybox and adds init.d support.

If your already using the Rom you can use either updater_120109_R2.zip or updater_120109_M_GE.zip to apply the update.

The US nvflash package has been updated to R2, but I will need someone with the M_GE version to join me in freenode irc #ideapad-k1 to help update the M_GE nvflash package.

Edited by leo_bsb, 15 April 2012 - 05:56 PM.

• 0 Likes

leo_bsb

leo_bsb

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:15 PM #106

I just installed the full nvflash version and my K1 is back to life.
The R2 version does not come with the reboot recovery app and I can't boot into recovery to flash the other files.
  • 0 Likes

gallahad2000

gallahad2000

• 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:57 AM #107

Wiped cache and dalvik before reboot.
All apps FC on startup and I couldn't boot into recovery to install the big file since the recovery app FC too.
Big problem now.

Khanning reported some problems with wiping dalvik cache, wonder if that caused your problem.

Someone on XDA uploaded the recovery app here: http://www.4shared.c...ml?refurl=d1url
...or here's a command you can run in terminal emulator to reboot to recovery:

None of the third party apps that reboot to recovery will work on the K1. You can use the included K1RecoveryRestart.apk app/widget or from the terminal app run:

su
k1recovery

Edited by gallahad2000, 19 April 2012 - 06:30 AM.

• 1 Likes

leo_bsb

leo_bsb

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:19 PM #108

too bad I didn't read his post about the dalvik rebuild. I reinstalled everything and lost my apps and data.
  • 0 Likes

xman099

xman099

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:19 PM #109

What's the difference between K1_CWM_120109_Rooted_nvflash_R2.zip and K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip ?
  • 0 Likes

l4nnygilberts0n

l4nnygilberts0n

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:36 AM #110

Hello all. I have ran this root several times. Each time it has worked well but I am not about to sign into my google account. I will try yo open market place and add my account. It will tell me to wait up to 5 minutes. Each time after several minutes I will be told that it can't sign me in. I have read this thread several times looking to see if anyone has had the same issue Q & A. Anyway, just wondering if anyone could help me out.

I am running the R2 root. Didn't install the 3rd party apps or install the honeycomb bar this time.

Thank you
  • 0 Likes