Mod Type: Kernel
This is a minimalistic Galaxy Nexus kernel. My philosophy is to keep the kernel as lean and stable as possible, at the same time to keep the kernel as modern and close to latest mainstream linux as possible. You will see that my kernels will lack some of the bells and whistles from other kernels.
- JB 4.2.x (for both 4.2.1 and 4.2.2): [ stable builds | exp builds ] [ change log | exp changes ]
- JB 4.1.x: [ stable | exp builds ]
- Terminal Emulator not finding my scripts? Read this post.
- Patched to latest in Linux 3.0.x branch.
- All unnecessary kernel components removed to make kernel lean and fast!
- OC to 1.65ghz. Boot speed is maxed at 1.2ghz within kernel (in addition to ramdisk) for stability.
- User voltage control
- InteractiveX V2 (screen-off hotplug of cpu1) added. Select it using setcpu if you want to use it.
- Ramdisk tweaks (sysctl, vm, filesystem speed, etc.)
- SWAP & zram (next generation compcache) support. Run "zram enable" in terminal.
- init.d support in ramdisk.
- lk.conf for basic kernel configuration.
- HotplugX governor (Hotplug optimized and modified for screen-off suspend).
- wakelock tweaks for wlan and lte modem
- lkflash - script to flash latest versions of leanKernel from Terminal (type "su" without quotes, hit enter, then type "lkflash" without quotes and then hit enter)
- checkv - voltage checking script (for custom undervolting) - detailed at bottom of this post.
- checkt - script that displays 1) your current temp, 2) # of times you were throttled due to temp "recently", 3) CPU trim type, and 4) CPU silicon type, etc. (sample output)
- Fast USB charge (by chad0982) and "ffc" toggle script by me. (Open terminal, and type "ffc" without quotes then enter)
- ColorControl from both CM9 and Ezekeel (compatible with all ROMs). Helpful posts: 1and 2.
- TempControl - sysfs interface to control the CPU temp threshold. Read these two posts: 1 and 2.
- Variable GPU OC - sysfs interface to select GPU max speed between 307MHz (stock), 384MHz and 512Mhz. The changes take effect immediately. Check FAQ for more info and how to use it.
- Custom SR Tuning - override kernel default minimum voltage for SR calibration. More info here and here. V2
- Gamma Control
- ROW scheduler v4
CHANGE LOG JB 4.1.x
- v4.7 - backported all changes from 5.0 to 5.5.1 - check the 5.5.1 change log.
- v4.8 - backported all changes from 5.5.1 to 5.8 - check the 5.8 change log. Plus Linux 3.0.60 update
Uh.... flash the zip in clockworkmod.
Thanks to forum member maddler for providing file hosting: http://www.host4droid.com/
Donate to your favorite charity, or donate to me.
Edited by imoseyon, 19 May 2013 - 10:49 AM.