5 votes

Fixes for SDCARD issues for all versions of CyanogenMod

• Please log in to reply

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:02 AM #241

I need some help . . .

I used AcmeUninstaller to uninstall 10.1, then used AcmeInstaller3 to reinstall CM10.1, moboot and CWM.  I then ran into an infinite boot issue when booting into Android.  So I reran AcmeInstaller3 to install CM10 (this time).  I booted just fine.  So I then tried to run update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-data_plus_2048mb-signed but keep getting error:  Zip signature verification failed: 1.  Thus the data plus won't install.  Any ideas?

What recovery are you using?

Sent from my TouchPad using RootzWiki mobile app

• 1 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

Snuckles

Snuckles

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:58 AM #242

Twrp 2.6.1.0

E.t.a. - thanks for making me think.  While waiting for your reply, I decided to try CWM and guess what :)  it seems to be working.  Thank you.

Edited by Snuckles, 31 August 2013 - 06:14 AM.

• 0 Likes

Ventus

Ventus

• 39 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:48 AM #243

solution for me was to use APP2SD and hurry to transfer into tablett 

• 0 Likes

masda

masda

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:58 PM #244

So on cyanogenmod rom cant 50 or more app instal to sdcard..😔

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,637 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:30 PM #245

So on cyanogenmod rom cant 50 or more app instal to sdcard..Sent from my TouchPad using RootzWiki mobile app

Yup!
  • 0 Likes

Crispy3000

Crispy3000

• 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:34 PM #246

So on cyanogenmod rom cant 50 or more app instal to sdcard..

Also even if you make a large data partition and keep all your apps there beware the asec mounts.  Many apps games or other things with large data libraries have a data stored on sdcard and a mount point is created per app.  Paid apps also seem to do this alot more than free ones I've noticed. Even small ones like SetCPU.

I'm not sure exactly if contribute to the 50ish total per mount but I've had the problem with nothing running off the sdcard but with around high 40s mount points.

I would keep an eye on it by running the terminal command 'mount | grep asec | wc -l' with give you a total.

Just keep your touchpad lean don't try to install every game/app you own on it at same time.

• 1 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,637 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:24 PM #247

Also even if you make a large data partition and keep all your apps there beware the asec mounts. Many apps games or other things with large data libraries have a data stored on sdcard and a mount point is created per app. Paid apps also seem to do this alot more than free ones I've noticed. Even small ones like SetCPU.

I'm not sure exactly if contribute to the 50ish total per mount but I've had the problem with nothing running off the sdcard but with around high 40s mount points.

I would keep an eye on it by running the terminal command 'mount | grep asec | wc -l' with give you a total.

Just keep your touchpad lean don't try to install every game/app you own on it at same time.

One can also use "mount | grep -c asec" without the quotes.

Good advice to those serial installers out there! :-)

Edited by nevertells, 27 November 2013 - 04:25 PM.

• 1 Likes

jimspoon

jimspoon

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:37 AM #248

I've had the "disappearing sdcard" problem a few times now.  Tried the fixes mentioned in the OP without success, so I used the occasion to do an acmeuninstall, reinstalled the jcsullins (milaq?) Android 4.2 / CM 10.1 ROM.  Now I'm trying to be careful about avoiding the 50+ apps on sdcard problem.

Going to Settings/Apps/Downloaded, I see that I have 38 downloaded apps installed.  Surprisingly, in the list of apps "On SD Card", I see 14 apps, most of them with 0 bytes used on the sdcard.  The same apps are shown in the "Downloaded" list, but in the downloaded list, the app appears with a different size.  Just for example, in the "On SD Card" list, I see "Facebook (176KB)", but on the "Downloaded" list I see "Facebook - 32.31MB".  When I tap on "Facebook" in the apps list, it shows storage as follows - total 32.36MB, App 19.35MB, USB Storage app 0, Data 12.96MB, and SD Card 48.00KB.  So it seems that Facebook is almost entirely stored in /data, but a very small bit of data is stored on /sdcard.  

So I'm wondering ... do those 14 apps that are showing up as "On SD Card" count against that 50+ app limit?  I've been looking through CM settings to find a way to direct CM to install the apps solely in /data, can't find anything.

I did run "mount | grep -c asec", which returned "1".  So if that is the critical number, it appears I'm in good shape.

Just as an aside - I think the "sdcard unmounted" problem appeared after I ran Tailor in WebOS.  I hadn't done anything yet in Tailor, I just got into to look at it.   Another problem I noticed was that I was not able to install anything in WebOS.  I tried to update some WebOS apps but every time I got an "Install Failed" message.  I wonder if that could be somehow related to the "sdcard unmounted" problem I saw in CM.  Another interesting thing - when i was resizing the partitions in Tailor, when i tried to check the filesystem on the "Android (data)" partition, I got a fail message, with an instruction to click a button to repair.  After the first click on "repair", I got another fail message, but also a message that often two clicks on the "repair" button are needed.  After the second click, the repair was apparently successful, and then I was able to do a "check filesystem" and resize the data partition.  any insights on what is going on and how to fix?

thanks!  especially to nevertells who is helpful even though he usually tells me to go read the whole thread.   :goodcry:

• 1 Likes

RolandDeschain79

RolandDeschain79

Android Adventurer

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:51 PM #249

I've had the "disappearing sdcard" problem a few times now.  Tried the fixes mentioned in the OP without success, so I used the occasion to do an acmeuninstall, reinstalled the jcsullins (milaq?) Android 4.2 / CM 10.1 ROM.  Now I'm trying to be careful about avoiding the 50+ apps on sdcard problem.

Going to Settings/Apps/Downloaded, I see that I have 38 downloaded apps installed.  Surprisingly, in the list of apps "On SD Card", I see 14 apps, most of them with 0 bytes used on the sdcard.  The same apps are shown in the "Downloaded" list, but in the downloaded list, the app appears with a different size.  Just for example, in the "On SD Card" list, I see "Facebook (176KB)", but on the "Downloaded" list I see "Facebook - 32.31MB".  When I tap on "Facebook" in the apps list, it shows storage as follows - total 32.36MB, App 19.35MB, USB Storage app 0, Data 12.96MB, and SD Card 48.00KB.  So it seems that Facebook is almost entirely stored in /data, but a very small bit of data is stored on /sdcard.  

So I'm wondering ... do those 14 apps that are showing up as "On SD Card" count against that 50+ app limit?  I've been looking through CM settings to find a way to direct CM to install the apps solely in /data, can't find anything.

I did run "mount | grep -c asec", which returned "1".  So if that is the critical number, it appears I'm in good shape.

Just as an aside - I think the "sdcard unmounted" problem appeared after I ran Tailor in WebOS.  I hadn't done anything yet in Tailor, I just got into to look at it.   Another problem I noticed was that I was not able to install anything in WebOS.  I tried to update some WebOS apps but every time I got an "Install Failed" message.  I wonder if that could be somehow related to the "sdcard unmounted" problem I saw in CM.  Another interesting thing - when i was resizing the partitions in Tailor, when i tried to check the filesystem on the "Android (data)" partition, I got a fail message, with an instruction to click a button to repair.  After the first click on "repair", I got another fail message, but also a message that often two clicks on the "repair" button are needed.  After the second click, the repair was apparently successful, and then I was able to do a "check filesystem" and resize the data partition.  any insights on what is going on and how to fix?

thanks!  especially to nevertells who is helpful even though he usually tells me to go read the whole thread.   :goodcry:

Well if Nevertells was here first he would say to go and read this whole thread, and he'd be right lol :lol:  Let me explain why... So we have a new ACMEInstaller4/5M/E by iMarck90. This will change the partition size for you to 500/600MB, several people have reported similar problems using Tailor. So I think ACMEUninstaller 2 would be a good idea to run. Then a fresh full install with the latest package and you could also advance restore just the data partition from your previous backup.

[ROM GUIDE] How to install Android on the HP TouchPad "The Easy Way"

Edited by RolandDeschain79, 02 December 2013 - 04:53 PM.

• 2 Likes

jimspoon

jimspoon

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:08 PM #250

MT (that's Mega-Thanks) to you Roland.  I started out with using Acmeinstaller5 to flash the InvisibleK Kitkat ROM, but things weren't going very well in that ROM.  So the next time around I ran Tailor again, and then flashed the Jcsullins 10.1 ROM and appropriate gaps from CWM after wiping /cache and /data.  So far so good, except that I can't still install anything in WebOS.

• 0 Likes