[Kernel][jb43] [v8.3, FINAL] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel

• Please log in to reply

android38

android38

• 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:58 AM #9371

Did you do a clean install of AOKP B33?

sent from Ziggy, while calculating the next leap home

I did, and they worked until I flashed the latest LK. I'll try reflashing.
  • 0 Likes

-iD

-iD

Android Evangelist

• 256 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:12 AM #9372

Here ya go. http://db.tt/Q6mB1vay
http://db.tt/RBZZ3W4F
As you can see, there is no difference in framerate in quadrant. In Nenamark 2, 512mhz only gives extra 5fps (31.+fps vs 26.+).

No offense, but one test showing an improvement and one showing both settings capped at max framerate hardly constitutes proof that the setting is ineffective. Sounds like further bench marking with measures that are not already at max would help clear the water.

Sent from my gNex using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
you'll be the first to go UNLESS YOU THINK! -jello biafra

BlackT5

BlackT5

• 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:27 AM #9373

While running exp5 with SR enabled, I've noticed the CPU temp idles much higher than before. Previously norm idle temp was high 30s. Now it idles around the high 40 to low 50 temp. Everything was set using lean tweaks like normal. I disable all lean tweaks and I'm back to normal temps. I was running my standard kernal setup of 350/1520, InteractiveX, 384 gpu, SIO, all speed ups, no custom under volt.

Any thoughts?

Don't mind the post count, been doing this for a while but don't ever have issues, hence no need to post.

Edited by BlackT5, 22 April 2012 - 07:29 AM.

• 0 Likes

firedrops

firedrops

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:39 AM #9374

No offense, but one test showing an improvement and one showing both settings capped at max framerate hardly constitutes proof that the setting is ineffective. Sounds like further bench marking with measures that are not already at max would help clear the water.

Sent from my gNex using Tapatalk 2

I'd go even further an say there's definitely an improvement at Nenamark2, so the OC surely does something; Antutu and Quadrant simply can't evaluate this difference. Three things should be considered though, regarding this overclock:

1) Does it drain more battery? And if yes, is it significant?
2) Is it worth it in day-to-day phone use?
3) I'm far from an expert, but shouldn't an OC of this magnitude be more meaningful peformance wise? Or is there a bottleneck somewhere else?
  • 0 Likes

teh_g

teh_g

Average Android

• 172 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:44 AM #9375

I'd go even further an say there's definitely an improvement at Nenamark2, so the OC surely does something; Antutu and Quadrant simply can't evaluate this difference. Three things should be considered though, regarding this overclock:

3) I'm far from an expert, but shouldn't an OC of this magnitude be more meaningful peformance wise? Or is there a bottleneck somewhere else?

There is a bottleneck in the memory bandwidth if I recall.
  • 0 Likes

DarthG

DarthG

Yarr! It's a pirate's life for me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:58 AM #9376

Of course running at 512mhz brings an improvement over stock but for me the gain isn't enough to justify overclocking the gpu for the sake of overclocking ,which is why I run at stock.
  • 0 Likes
Come and join Dropbox here so that we can both enjoy more free storage!

Skeeter

Skeeter

If it ain't broke, Flash it!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:53 AM #9377

I got an IDEA! How about those that like to oc the gpu do it and those that think it doesn't do anything, don't do it. Why the hell is everyone arguing this point? This is redundant and getting in the way of the real progress. I read every post in every thread I'm following and it is crazy how many people post the same questions over and over and never read the thread bc they are to lazy!

Sorry for the rant, but come on people read first and stop bitching about useless points just to try to prove nothing!

Have a nice day :)
  • 1 Likes
My Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S3: Testing all
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: LiquidSmooth Rom

nblufire12

nblufire12

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:27 AM #9378

hey

• 4.0.4 stock kernel (note this is not leanKernel - this is from google)
  • 4.0.4 vanilla ROM (built by birdman, includes stock kernel, repackaged by me with some fixes - dict, build.prop, su, busybox)

should i install stock or vanilla, which one is better?

thanks!
  • 0 Likes

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:36 AM #9379

I did, and they worked until I flashed the latest LK. I'll try reflashing.

Yeah, I would suggest doing a dirty reflash of B33 and then flash Lean Kernel again and see if it continues.

hey

• 4.0.4 vanilla ROM (built by birdman, includes stock kernel, repackaged by me with some fixes - dict, build.prop, su, busybox)

thanks!

Well 4.0.4 stock kernel is the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) kernel built . No additions, slim downs, nothing. The 4.0.4 Vanilla ROM is a stock ROM build from AOSP with a few small tweaks and fixes. A ROM and a kernel are two very different things. If you don't know the difference I suggest you do some research before flashing anything.

Edited by hazard209, 22 April 2012 - 09:44 AM.

• 0 Likes

Device: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Latest Faux Kernel

tiny4579

tiny4579

Kernel Hacker

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:41 AM #9380

hey

thanks!

The vanilla rom has the stock kernel. Neither of them are lean kernel. If you flash the ROM it will replace the existing ROM and kernel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes