Rate this Topic

114 votes

[Kernel][jb43] [v8.3, FINAL] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel

• Please log in to reply

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM #8631

I'm trying to overclock the gpu to 512, when I type oc gpu 2 in terminal I get sh: oc: not found I'm using kernel 3.1.0 exp 2. Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Where did you get that from? That version has not been released yet and there is no reference to that instruction. It will be set with sysfs not a script.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

The release version actually has a script called "oc" that wasn't in the test version. I wrote the FAQ first and ThehulKK caught it before I officially released 3.2.0. ;)
  • 0 Likes

ThehulKK

ThehulKK

Average Android

• 238 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:17 AM #8632

The release version actually has a script called "oc" that wasn't in the test version. I wrote the FAQ first and ThehulKK caught it before I officially released 3.2.0.

Thanks imoseyon, flashing now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

trparky

trparky

Android Addict

• 1,186 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:18 AM #8633

I'm going to wait for a new EXP build, I want SoundControl and it seems that it isn't in the Stable builds.
  • 0 Likes
Tom

Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Retired Devices: Samsung Droid Charge, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS

abqnm

abqnm

Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:18 AM #8634

The release version actually has a script called "oc" that wasn't in the test version. I wrote the FAQ first and ThehulKK caught it before I officially released 3.2.0.

Haha yeah I see the FAQ entry now. Make me look like a liar. :P

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.
  • 0 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

Too many old Androids to list...

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

garyd9

garyd9

Bugs Must Die

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:32 AM #8635

leanKernel v3.2.0

1) Introducing... Variable GPU OC! This will allow you to dynamically change your top GPU speed between 307mhz (stock-default), 384mhz and 512mhz. Check the FAQ on how to use it.

(from the faq) or use the built-in "oc" script

Is this a dynamic max based on load (similar to cpufreq for the OMAP) or something different?

Thanks
Gary
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:33 AM #8636

3.2.0exp1 is also up. Aside from Variable GPU OC, it also adds Gamma control (beta).

To use gamma control, open terminal, type "su" without quotes, enter, and then type:

echo "[number between 0 and 10, inclusive]" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/gamma

0 disables gamma control
5 is stock value

So for example:

echo "6" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/gamma

will produce a slightly darker picture. manager1/gamma and manager2/gamma will control external displays.
  • 2 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:34 AM #8637

Is this a dynamic max based on load (similar to cpufreq for the OMAP) or something different?

Thanks
Gary

I think "dynamic" was the wrong word choice there. I'll fix that. It will basically just select the max speed between the three choices that are available.
  • 1 Likes

AAS8823

AAS8823

• 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:39 AM #8638

Hey imoseyon, I tried the oc gpu function and both 1 and 2 set it to 384mhz. I also get terrible screen draw tearing and lag when I use the feature. Any idea what might be the issue? Running Liquid 1.25 and using leantweaks as well. This occurred on 3.2.0 stable, going to dl and try exp1 now.
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:40 AM #8639

Hey imoseyon, I tried the oc gpu function and both 1 and 2 set it to 384mhz. I also get terrible screen draw tearing and lag when I use the feature. Any idea what might be the issue? Running Liquid 1.25 and using leantweaks as well. This occurred on 3.2.0 stable, going to dl and try exp1 now.

interesting. You may have a phone that can't OC GPU to 512mhz. Run this command and send me the output?

dmesg | grep gpu

GPU OC is overrated, IMO, anyway. ;) I think going from 384Mhz to 512Mhz you only get about 10% performance boost due to factors outside the gpu module.

Edited by imoseyon, 12 April 2012 - 09:47 AM.

• 0 Likes

mozy420

mozy420

Android Lover

• 215 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:46 AM #8640

leanKernel v3.2.0

1) Introducing... Variable GPU OC! This will allow you to select your top GPU speed between 307mhz (stock-default), 384mhz and 512mhz. Check the FAQ on how to use it.
2) Linux 3.0.27 update
3) Some lowmemkiller updates from mainline Linux
4) interactive (and iX) speed enhancement patches from android source.
5) a couple of somewhat experimental battery saving patches (already tested in exp builds)
6) and more smartreflex fixes from omap source
7) "so" - script to toggle your screen-off max between stock 700mhz and your max speed (credit bjn)
8) remove more code for leaner kernel

I believe everything except for Variable GPU OC was already in 3.1.0exp2. Stay tuned for 3.2.0 experimental builds which will have another cool feature not in stable.

awesome, IMO! I'll give it go today. Some cpu utilities allow for screen-off profiles. Is the 'so' script similar in that regard? Also, I did notice governor(Interactive) would stay essentially pinned at 700mhz if min was set to 700mhz in earlier kernels. I think that was resolved in 3.1 exp2 though.

As far as off-screen behavior goes, is there an easy way to force it not to go below the minimum - unless it's sleeping. The only benefit 'could' be some of the tethering / mobile data disconnects people are experiencing with the release of 4.0.4 imm76.

Thanks again!
  • 0 Likes