Rate this Topic

114 votes

[Kernel][jb43] [v8.3, FINAL] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel

• Please log in to reply

guitarshredder87

guitarshredder87

Metal Head

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:20 AM #6281

This morning I tried out 2.4.1 exp1 no trim and with a maximum speed set @ 1520 mhz I was not throttled once over the course of a couple hours. Now within ten minutes of using 2.4.1. exp2 I've been throttled 58 times already. I was throttled 44 times within the first few minutes after booting. I have just been browsing the web and haven't run any benchmarks or used any graphic intense apps.
  • 0 Likes

nexigasm: noun \ˈnPosted ImagekPosted Imageseeˌga-zəm\ : The experience of intense physical and emotional pleasure from owning and tweaking the galaxy nexus to its full potential, also called: clinexus
Example: "I had another nexigasm after IMO reverted the ARM/SMP to use a timing out completion for cpu hotplug"

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:22 AM #6282

This morning I tried out 2.4.1 exp1 no trim and with a maximum speed set @ 1520 mhz I was not throttled once over the course of a couple hours. Now within ten minutes of using 2.4.1. exp2 I've been throttled 58 times already. I was throttled 44 times within the first few minutes after booting. I have just been browsing the web and haven't run any benchmarks or used any graphic intense apps.

Oh interesting, so with exp2 i brought the threshold back from 80C to 63C (stock). You can use tempcontrol to change it back to 80C. What I'll probably do is set it at boot to 80C in exp3. Or just wait for the next version of jake's leantweaks.

Edited by imoseyon, 10 March 2012 - 11:23 AM.

• 0 Likes

guitarshredder87

guitarshredder87

Metal Head

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:29 AM #6283

Oh interesting, so with exp2 i brought the threshold back from 80C to 63C (stock). You can use tempcontrol to change it back to 80C. What I'll probably do is set it at boot to 80C in exp3. Or just wait for the next version of jake's leantweaks.

Well that makes sense then. I'm going to manually change it with tempcontrol but will setting the threshold stick after a reboot?
  • 0 Likes

nexigasm: noun \ˈnPosted ImagekPosted Imageseeˌga-zəm\ : The experience of intense physical and emotional pleasure from owning and tweaking the galaxy nexus to its full potential, also called: clinexus
Example: "I had another nexigasm after IMO reverted the ARM/SMP to use a timing out completion for cpu hotplug"

jakebites

jakebites

Developer

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:29 AM #6284

Oh no! Now I have to do it!

I don't have enough time today to do a full user control version but I can make a quick one that will default it to 80c when choosing 1520 or 1650 and 63c when choosing anything lower.

Edited by jakebites, 10 March 2012 - 11:35 AM.

• 0 Likes
PSN: LoveLESSjake
^ add me for Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 :D ^

guitarshredder87

guitarshredder87

Metal Head

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:38 AM #6285

Oh no! Now I have to do it! :P

If you need someone to test it just pm me
  • 0 Likes

jakebites

jakebites

Developer

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:11 PM #6286

http://rootzwiki.com...-v105-revamped/

:)
  • 2 Likes
PSN: LoveLESSjake
^ add me for Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 :D ^

Baked_Tator

Baked_Tator

Loving my Gakaxy S III

• 595 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:17 PM #6287

http://rootzwiki.com...-v105-revamped/

:)

because of you and imoseyon, i have something new to flash everyday!!! great work you guys!!!
  • 0 Likes
I should rename myself to Baked_Kanger!!! lmao

If you like the ROMs and stuff i make or Kang please hit the thanks button, and if its something I kanged, please hit the thanks button for the people i kanged it from...its only right!

amplified

amplified

android fan

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:27 PM #6288

2.3.0 exp 3 is the best kernel hack yet for this device. Thanks!
  • 1 Likes

Posted Image

Please do not hit the thanks button even if i do help or amuse you. lulz

Device: Toro ROM: Liquid Smooth Kernel: Franco's r158 Nightly

gaetawoo

gaetawoo

Love your frenemies

• 1,535 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:44 PM #6289

Awhile back I was experiencing that, too. Are you using setCPU or other utility to set freq?

no, i'm using lean kernel, and before that i was using the performance controls in the AOKP rom.

the media server issue is seriously bugging me... cannot figure out a way to stop it from running
  • 0 Likes

gaetawoo

gaetawoo

Love your frenemies

• 1,535 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:48 PM #6290

what freq/governer were you using?
Generally, notrim is not for people who are looking for better battery life than stock. We have the stable version for that. Try the latest stable with interactivex or hotplugx 350-1200 . If the problem persists, try looking at your cpu usage and find the offending app/process. and remember that you normally get 3-4 hours of screen time with a balanced use. If we take the average, 3:30, we can expect .5%/minute of battery drain. Therefore, it's normal to see "percentage tick away each minute or so"

I've had that problem all the time. Screen drains battery.

As far as your mediaserver issue, it was an issue on the galaxy tab 10.1for some people. Rather it would consume CPU and cause lag. There's a script you can flash that should work fine on this device. The kernel dev on the tab confirmed it but its not a kernel issue. Check xda for the script.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

the screen does use juice... just don't remember like this.. but yea just part of life i guess. it seemed more like 2% per minute and halfish... so definately fast.. that's what i'm saying it seemed worse than normal.

i will try to find the mediaserver thing. thanks.... ugh.. i hate these wakelock bugs.

and also, in the kernel wakelocks i see a maps friend locator thing in there too even though i'm not logged into latitude. any idears?
  • 0 Likes