114 votes

[Kernel][jb43] [v8.3, FINAL] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel

• Please log in to reply

ArmanUV

ArmanUV

Android Master

• 565 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:44 PM #6131

I switched back to 2.3 exp4 today. For some reason with the 2.4 kernels I get a very long back up wake lock. I haven't noticed this on other version and was wondering how many others were noticing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nothing here. you mean google back services right? it's very unlikely that is a kernel issue.
  • 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) - ROM/Kernel : it's complicated :tongue2:
Please quote me when you are replying to my posts!

ryanrodio

ryanrodio

Average Android

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:50 PM #6132

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS KERNEL!!!

Posted Image
  • 0 Likes

cuzzinz

cuzzinz

Android Lover

• 134 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:11 PM #6133

so I checked leantweaks with what was left on my phone.

It said system speed up was still enabled zram was all 0 0 0 and it said sdcard speedtweak was enabled... errrrr even thought when i stopped using it I told it to disable ALL tweaks :-/

flashing 10.2 to see whats up.

Granted all this was to stop anything that was giving me bad battery life and i am sitting at 32% left with 9h 39m. So hopefully i dont screw anything up HAHA.

EDIT: So I tried leantweaks again.... ya no go... my rom or something just dont jive well with it.

When I set UV it gets ALL messed up... all my settings are not right....

Edited by cuzzinz, 06 March 2012 - 06:00 PM.

• 0 Likes

jdec

jdec

• 84 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:17 PM #6134

nothing here. you mean google back services right? it's very unlikely that is a kernel issue.

Its the android system *back up*. I didnt think it would be kernel related either, but with all other versions it has a count of 400ish and is only seconds long. But with all 2.4 versions the count is very low and the wake lock is hours long. Everything else is the same, rom, freq, governor etc. I just don't get it though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

mozy420

mozy420

Android Lover

• 215 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:41 PM #6135

Hi All - new here, but have been experimenting with the various kernels for a little while. I started following FK, but after his more recent releases, I started to experience problems with lock ups and static sounds. I gave up and just after I restored back to stock 4.0.4, I recalled people mentioning 'minimalistic..' and thought: That's what I need! Just a straight forward approach to improving GN performance. If anything, it would make it easier to troubleshoot, especially with the talent on this thread. I also like how organized IMO keeps things around here :)

So far, I've been getting great stability and performance using the latest 2.4 exp1 untrimed. I use 230-1520 and as long as I don't fuss with the UV, things are looking solid. As I mentioned before, I started to have problems with FK and among those issues was the ability to reconnect to LTE (or any mobile data network services). I can't replicate it, but I can consistently restore it by either 1) rebooting or 2) toggle between 3G then select 4G. Maybe it was Juice Defender, but I uninstalled that awhile ago, and I seem to be losing the mobile data again now.. even on the stable versions of the lean kernels. Here's the sequence of events that closely resembles what I'm doing:

1. wifi on / mobile data off
2. turn wifi off / mobile data on to confirm. (4G ok)
3. return to step 1
4. after time goes by - turn screen on and try enabling mobile data. Neither 4G or 3G has connection and I must 'toggle' in the mobile network setup to enable it again.

I hope this makes sense. I'm thinking of trying juice defender again, but what to learn what's happening with the mobile data radios first. Could this be related to a kernel thing?

Thanks for your assistance!
  • 0 Likes

mikeymop

mikeymop

Warning: Low Battery

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:43 PM #6136

Back on the Bionic, people reported that if you eject and reseat the sim card a few times, until scratches appear on the contacts that it helps the phone maintain a connection to the data network. Their theory was that the connection on the contacts was causing problems and that 'breaking it in' a little would improve it.

It can't hurt to try, since it's not damaging the sim or the phone.
  • 0 Likes
PM me if you need any help!

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:57 PM #6137

Just had a random reboot while charging. Aokp b27

Here is my kmsg

http://db.tt/VKcQuknw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Mr. Steve

Mr. Steve

That one guy...

• 434 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:08 PM #6138

I've been seeing awakes like this all day on 2.4.0exp2. If I look in BetterBatteryStats, I can't see anything that is causing this.. The attached screenshots show how I have no wakelocks being reported. But if you look at the post below this one, you can see that the phone does have a wakelock that occurs for a decent amound of time that I can't explain.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2012-03-06-18-44-51.png
  • Screenshot_2012-03-06-18-44-55.png

Edited by Mr. Steve, 06 March 2012 - 07:25 PM.

• 0 Likes

Current:
Google Nexus 4 running MMuzzy's French Vanilla AOSP (Jan 12); Franco's r53 kernel; TWRP 2.3.3.2

Google Nexus 7 running MMuzzy's French Vanilla AOSP (Jan 13); Franco's r41 kernel;

Retired: Galaxy Nexus (CDMA), Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid

Mr. Steve

Mr. Steve

That one guy...

• 434 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:09 PM #6139

This would be my battery usage, notice the huge awake bar that I can't explain. Also, where it says screen on for one of the bars, I know for a fact that my screen was off because I took the phone off the charger and put it on a table and came back to it a little over an hour and a half later. Yesterday I was using 1.10.0exp2 and saw nothing like this happen.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2012-03-06-18-44-40.png

Edited by Mr. Steve, 06 March 2012 - 07:12 PM.

• 0 Likes

Current:
Google Nexus 4 running MMuzzy's French Vanilla AOSP (Jan 12); Franco's r53 kernel; TWRP 2.3.3.2

Google Nexus 7 running MMuzzy's French Vanilla AOSP (Jan 13); Franco's r41 kernel;

Retired: Galaxy Nexus (CDMA), Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid

johnny

johnny

direct.From the top

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:17 PM #6140

I recommend people don't use any battery monitors at all. Sometimes these could be the issue.
  • 0 Likes