Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:10 PM #5971

Terminal emulator. su / lkflash

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

abqnm

abqnm

Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:10 PM #5972

wheres 2.4.0 :( I want! Really wish we could get the 230 and 1.35 in the stable version :P Arent many who cant do that haha

230 is not stable for everyone so it is not included but 1350 is in the stable kernel.

I don't understand. I downloaded and flashed the 2.4 exp1. So I'm still on 2.3. Under about phone it list 2.4 exp1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you flashed 2.4 you have 2.4. I think Arjuna was referring to the experimental download link in the OP -- it has 2.3 inside as well as 2.4, which has not been announced yet. I am sure imoseyon just uploaded it and hasn't posted the description yet. I am sure it would be OK, but there may be a reason he hasn't announced it yet, so while low, the potential for problems still exists if say he held off because he found a last minute bug or something.
  • 1 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

Too many old Androids to list...

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

Grizzly420

Grizzly420

Android Apprentice

• 568 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:12 PM #5973

Where is build 2.4???

Under experimental downloads

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Gabiola1

Gabiola1

Average Android

• 293 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:24 PM #5974

Is there a script to toggle the fast charging in 2.4 exp?
  • 0 Likes

ArmanUV

ArmanUV

Android Master

• 565 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:30 PM #5975

You can check logcat to see that Google Location Services continue to poll in ICS, even if you have no location-aware widgets, have frozen maps and never signed into latitude.

Like everyone else here, I was experiencing 1.5-2.5% drain per hour in idle, even on a fresh install of ICS. Symptoms included an unreasonably high "Android OS" process, and nothing obvious--not even raw kernel wakelocks--in Better Battery Stats.

The minute I disabled GLS, however, I started getting a touch over two days of battery life even with up to 2 hours of screen time. Yes, two days. I don't use any other tricks: no juicedefender, no tasker, no 2G toggling, nothing.

I can't say doing this is for everyone. Maybe you like your weather widgets. Maybe you like rough location acquisition in maps without GPS. But I want two days of battery life, and I don't care about those kinds of widgets. If I want Google Maps to work, I let the SGN's sensationally good GPS do the work.

It may very well be in your case. But I assure you this doesn't happen to everyone. Last night I pulled off 1d2h with 3h51m of screen time and android os was only responsible for 11%. AND I have both aokp weather and beautiful widget pulling every hour.
  • 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) - ROM/Kernel : it's complicated :tongue2:
Please quote me when you are replying to my posts!

rexdog1888

rexdog1888

Android Lover

• 168 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:35 PM #5976

Is there a script to toggle the fast charging in 2.4 exp?

Terminal emulator
$ su
# ffc
Fast USB Charge: ON
# ffc
Fast USB Charge: OFF
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Edited by rexdog1888, 04 March 2012 - 01:36 PM.

• 1 Likes

AspenSTi

AspenSTi

Android Lover

• 159 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:56 PM #5977

Well i'm not really sure where this battery life came from but i'm not complaining... I was an avid 1.10 exp2 user and just decided to give 2.3.0 exp2 a spin to see how it went and here are the results. I must say it was with light-ish use, no games, but other than that regular syncing of everything, no turning off data, I was on wifi most of the time and used the recommended checkv undervoltages.
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:35 PM #5978

Hey guys

I uploaded 2.4.0 this morning but haven't made any announcement yet. Trying to track down a couple of issues, and I'm out all day today. Change logs probably coming tomorrow morning if everything checks out. In the meantime feel free to play with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

stastnysnipes26

stastnysnipes26

Head Forum Stoner

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:38 PM #5979

Well i'm not really sure where this battery life came from but i'm not complaining... I was an avid 1.10 exp2 user and just decided to give 2.3.0 exp2 a spin to see how it went and here are the results. I must say it was with light-ish use, no games, but other than that regular syncing of everything, no turning off data, I was on wifi most of the time and used the recommended checkv undervoltages.
Posted Image
Posted Image

what ROM are you on? my battery life is less than half of yours, granted i am on 4g instead of wifi
  • 0 Likes
Motorola Droid- GPA 19- RETIRED
HTC Thunderbolt- BAMF Forever 1.10- $OLD
Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Slim ROM- $OLD
Motorola Moto X- Stock rooted
Nexus 7-Paranoid Android

AspenSTi

AspenSTi

Android Lover

• 159 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:47 PM #5980

Currently on liquids v1.0