[Kernel][jb43] [v8.3, FINAL] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel

• Please log in to reply

ArmanUV

ArmanUV

Android Master

• 565 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:11 PM #4811

Thanks a lot imoseyon for adding CIFS.
However, I got my first excessive idle drain last night with 2.1.0stable iX 350-1200. I rebooted the phone and went to sleep with 23% and woke up with a dead battery(the red part of the graph).
BetterBatteryStats doesn't show any significant wakelocks.
Screenshots : http://cl.ly/2b3K2d1H0x3i3O3u1i01
http://cl.ly/1H1C2k441n121T3w0g2Q
http://cl.ly/3H3G0y3F1u2a3g020T2a
http://cl.ly/29433k2C2i0Z1W1f0b2J

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2012-02-21-14-49-46.png
  • Screenshot_2012-02-21-14-52-19.png

Edited by ArmanUV, 21 February 2012 - 03:41 PM.

• 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) - ROM/Kernel : it's complicated :tongue2:
Please quote me when you are replying to my posts!

razzbaronz

razzbaronz

• 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:20 PM #4812

Thanks a lot imoseyon for adding CIFS.
However, I got my first excessive idle drain last night with 2.1.0stable iX 350-1200. I rebooted the phone and went to sleep with 23% and woke up with a dead battery(the red part of the graph).
BetterBatteryStats doesn't show any significant wakelocks.

See my post above about this version and undervolting.
  • 0 Likes

androidfanatic

androidfanatic

Android Lover

• 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:37 PM #4813

I saw a 65% drop in charge over 6 hours on 2.1.0exp2.

setCPU not used. no undervolting. using leantweak defaults only.
  • 0 Likes

ArmanUV

ArmanUV

Android Master

• 565 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:40 PM #4814

I'm sorry but how is your post relavant to mine?
You said you undervolt with setcpu and get SODs.
I don't undervolt and I get excessive drain.
  • 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) - ROM/Kernel : it's complicated :tongue2:
Please quote me when you are replying to my posts!

drhodus32

drhodus32

Supporting Member

• 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:22 PM #4815

You are missing the big picture, which is the environment. Lithium-ion batteries contain significant amounts of cobalt, copper and nickel and dumping these in landfills like it is sadly still done in a lot of countries can contaminate the water. On the other hand recycling the batteries properly is a lot of work. Then you also have to account for the replacement battery which includes the damage done to the environment for gathering the raw materials (a lot of them require mining) and the assembly in China where authorities do not care for the environment and health of the workers. All in all, the cheap price of Lithium-ion batteries does not properly reflect the actual environmental and social costs.

And as long as the reduced maximum capacity is still enough to last for the day, the only trade-off is that one has to recharge slightly more often. I guess since most users already charge their battery daily this would even require any change in their habits at all.

Thank You Ezeekiel...No one EVER points out things as such...good work and good understanding BEYOND yourself. Thanks again!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

jesssiii

jesssiii

Android Lover

• 1,389 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:57 PM #4816

You are missing the big picture, which is the environment. Lithium-ion batteries contain significant amounts of cobalt, copper and nickel and dumping these in landfills like it is sadly still done in a lot of countries can contaminate the water. On the other hand recycling the batteries properly is a lot of work. Then you also have to account for the replacement battery which includes the damage done to the environment for gathering the raw materials (a lot of them require mining) and the assembly in China where authorities do not care for the environment and health of the workers. All in all, the cheap price of Lithium-ion batteries does not properly reflect the actual environmental and social costs.

And as long as the reduced maximum capacity is still enough to last for the day, the only trade-off is that one has to recharge slightly more often. I guess since most users already charge their battery daily this would even require any change in their habits at all.

I've never had a battery die, even after over 2 years use.

Besides, I'm a Republican. We don't care about the environment :P
  • 0 Likes

frankydroid

frankydroid

For Us By Us

• 287 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:08 PM #4817

Liquid 5 plus 2.1e2 seems to have resulted in no 3g whatsoever

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

i <3 dro1d on my DroidX Droid Incredible Thunderbolt Tenderloin toro d2att grouper maguro

maha1o

maha1o

Android Lover

• 175 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:27 PM #4818

is anyone running 2.1.0 exp 2 with any sucess? or is stable the best version right now? i keep reading posts about some issues.. im really interested in trying out the hotplugx
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:27 PM #4819

I have to respect every little effort to save/help the environment. I do think this may not be the most effective way to go about it, but i should stop talking since I'm not doing *anything* about it. :D
  • 0 Likes

jakebites

jakebites

Developer

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:27 PM #4820

hotplugx is in the stable version too.
  • 0 Likes
PSN: LoveLESSjake
^ add me for Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 :D ^