Rate this Topic

114 votes

[Kernel][jb43] [v8.3, FINAL] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel

• Please log in to reply

DarthG

DarthG

Yarr! It's a pirate's life for me

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:49 AM #10241

Yeah... I am one of your official testers. I thought that everyone got the same link and that some people got corrupted downloaded and I was just lucky.

How do you become an official tester?
  • 1 Likes
Come and join Dropbox here so that we can both enjoy more free storage!

joshuauy

joshuauy

Android Beginner

• 102 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:52 AM #10242

Lean Kernel stable branch has color controls but not gamma and multiplier controls. Exp branch has all three.

I'm on 3.5.0 stable and have multiplier control (unless we're not talking about the same thing). The gamma you're talking about is a 0-10 scale, right?

I'm trying to figure out why the -100 to 100 sliders (1 for red, green, blue each) menu is greyed out for me on the stable line.

uploadfromtaptalk1336852318046.png

I'm guessing it's some value in /sys/class/misc/colorcontrol that got held over when cm (and eventually imo) went from 0 to 100 with 60 as the zero to -100 to +100 with 0 as the zero makes that gamma control menu inaccessible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Edited by joshuauy, 12 May 2012 - 11:56 AM.

• 0 Likes

abqnm

abqnm

Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:52 PM #10243

What does the value in /sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/safetyenabled refer to?

For reference, I'm trying to figure out why my gamma control is greyed out on the stable kernels but accessible when I flash the exp ones.

That is the safety for the color multipliers. Turning that off will allow you to increase the multipliers further but possibly at the risk of increased screen burn in.

As to Gamma Control, are you referring to the color offsets or actual gamma control? Gamma control is only in the exp kernels.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.
  • 0 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

Too many old Androids to list...

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

joshuauy

joshuauy

Android Beginner

• 102 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:28 PM #10244

That is the safety for the color multipliers. Turning that off will allow you to increase the multipliers further but possibly at the risk of increased screen burn in.

As to Gamma Control, are you referring to the color offsets or actual gamma control? Gamma control is only in the exp kernels.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Ah ok. Thanks for that info.

That screenshot is from the advanced menu in settings for cm9, and it just takes you to the 3 gamma offset sliders. I haven't actually messed with them or with the actual gamma control on the exp kernels.

It just bugs me that that menu is greyed out for me. It happened right around the time cm reworked their gamma offset sliders from 0-100 (with a default of 60) to -100-+100 (with a default of 0). So there was one point where I had to drag all of the sliders in that menu (which is now greyed out) from the new cm default of 0 to 60 because the screen was tinted green.

I understand why it was tinted green, and it's fine now - I don't even plan on changing the offsets from default. It just bugs me that the menu is greyed out when it shouldn't be.

Thanks to everyone for all the responses.

• 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:05 PM #10245

How do you become an official tester?

If you're a regular leanKernel user and are proficient in testing for stability, battery drain, etc. and also know how to use sysfs via command line, PM me your email address.

Ah ok. Thanks for that info. That screenshot is from the advanced menu in settings for cm9, and it just takes you to the 3 gamma offset sliders. I haven't actually messed with them or with the actual gamma control on the exp kernels. It just bugs me that that menu is greyed out for me. It happened right around the time cm reworked their gamma offset sliders from 0-100 (with a default of 60) to -100-+100 (with a default of 0). So there was one point where I had to drag all of the sliders in that menu (which is now greyed out) from the new cm default of 0 to 60 because the screen was tinted green. I understand why it was tinted green, and it's fine now - I don't even plan on changing the offsets from default. It just bugs me that the menu is greyed out when it shouldn't be. Thanks to everyone for all the responses. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

There are three main sysfs files for controlling color: 1) multiplier, 2) gamma offset, and 3) DSS gamma control. The 3rd one isn't present in my stable builds yet (although I think that's going to change starting 3.6.0 - still debating). I think CM9 color control menu greys out the gamma setting if either #2 or #3 is missing.
  • 0 Likes

jpin321

jpin321

Android Lover

• 220 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:47 PM #10246

I may be missing something. It's there a write up on using sound and vib control in the experimental kernels?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:32 PM #10247

I may be missing something. It's there a write up on using sound and vib control in the experimental kernels?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I use Ezekeel's soundcontrol and vibecontrol code without modifications (vibecontrol's only in my exp builds). Unfortunately I haven't played with them enough to add it to my FAQ but there's been several discussions in this thread about them. See if a thread search will find something fo ryou.
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:34 PM #10248

leanKernel v3.6.0

1) Custom SR Tuning: override default VDDMIN
2) Lowered screen voltage, original patch by ch33kybutt, tweaked for
leanKernel to be more stable
3) Wifi voltage lowered
4) Linux 3.0.31
5) Reverted an old OPP tweak that was causing intermittent issues
6) small OPP tweak
7) NL_UTF8 support
8) some OMAP and android updates
9) Avoid randomizing MAC when bootloader doesn't pass it properly.
10) gamma control (beta)

exp builds coming probably tomorrow morning. I wanted to do 3.6.0exp1 tonight but not quite sober enough for it. :)

Oh, if you were already on v3.5.0exp6 you're not missing much. The "sr" script and "checkt" script were enhanced, and will be in 3.6.0exp1. And Gamma Control has been in my experimental builds forever (in fact, I'm the first one who brought it to to the gnex world) and I don't think it's completely stable yet but if you don't enable it then the code doesn't take effect anyway. Plus CM9 gamma control menu won't work without it. :\

Link to the OP for the download links.

Edited by imoseyon, 12 May 2012 - 07:56 PM.

• 9 Likes

mozy420

mozy420

Android Lover

• 215 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:47 PM #10249

Thanks for all your hardwork, Imo.

I just sent you a little gift - so have another drink on me :)

I just got myself I nice high end headphone as a graduation gift and I can really appreciate the HQ sound. Great stuff!

Edited by mozy420, 12 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

• 1 Likes

bigeyes0x0

bigeyes0x0

Super User

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:57 PM #10250

Did you forget to tweak templimit behavior to always reflect the current temp limit like exp? Looks like 3.6.0 stable still acts confusing like 3.5.0 stable :( .
  • 0 Likes
My app Trickster MOD, kernel settings and performance tweaks.

Support and Feedback | Google+ Page | Help us translate