Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Fb Contact Sync Work-around... Manual joining possible as well

• Please log in to reply

OP joemagistro

joemagistro

Android Master

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:45 PM #1

Im sure this is extremely obvious, however i have not seen one thread or person mention tho soo i will share the obvious right here.....

Just because FACEBOOK sync is blocked, doesnt mean that other 3rd party fb apps are blocked as well...

I tried that paid app, Haxsync and i didnt like it....

This is the best method IMO....

FRIENDCASTER!!!

IMO i dont like this app, and would rather use the FB app... but thats ok... heres what ya do.... download friendcaster and disable notifications (if you chose not to use this app for facebook)...... sync your contacts and walla... your phonebook is now synced with facebook......!!

now heres some other things that make it easier.....

Go to contacts.... chose contacts to display and select on your google contacts. (i dont know about you, but i dont want 1300 fb friends showing up on my contacts in my phone lol...

Unless your phone contacts are the exact name as the fb contacts, (first and last name), then they wont link together..... NO PROBLEM!! do this...... contacts.... find the contact you want.... view contact.. edit contact.... JOIN...... click on friendcaster.. and walla... you can join that name with ANYONE on facebook and they will be linked together....

sounds like a mouthful, but try it.. its really not!!! this just made my phone alot better that i can sync just like my TB!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2011-12-23-15-42-341.png

Edited by joemagistro, 23 December 2011 - 12:46 PM.

• 0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S3- T999 - Liquid - Ktoonz KT747 kernel @2.1ghz running at lightning speeds!!!