- - - - -

[Root][Bootloader] BurritoRoot3 - Kindle Fire Root. Easy root edition

• Please log in to reply

movieaddict

movieaddict

Android Beginner

• 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:30 AM #11

i keeep getting device not found??? how do i get kindle drivers??
  • 0 Likes

wrightm

wrightm

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:32 AM #12

ok, figured out I needed File explorer, DUH! now when I run adb, I get this. "adb cannot run as root in production builds" Huh?
  • 0 Likes

Hellcat6

Hellcat6

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:39 AM #13

Thanks for the hard work and service to the community!

Don't understand exactly where I am supposed to unzip the Superuser files to, somewhere on the PC?. Already have Superuser on the KF and was previously rooted. Does this mean I can skip the superuser step?

UPDATE: Never did figure out for sure where to put su but it was already on my KF from a previous root so didn't need that step.

Edited by Hellcat6, 24 December 2011 - 05:47 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP jcase

jcase

Rooter

• 241 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:03 AM #14

Thanks for the hard work and service to the community!

Don't understand exactly where I am supposed to unzip the Superuser files to, somewhere on the PC?. Already have Superuser on the KF and was previously rooted. Does this mean I can skip the superuser step?

You probably still have to push su
  • 0 Likes
Please don't PM me here, I will not likely read it as I do not check often.

xdalaw

xdalaw

Android Beginner

• 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:08 AM #15

Should unrooting work via the "unroot" selection on the KF app alone? In other words, do I need to be connected and use ADB to unroot, too, once I've rooted via your method? I ask because when I select "unroot" via the app on my KF, it says it works, but after reboot, I'm still rooted.

Edited by xdalaw, 23 December 2011 - 09:08 AM.

• 0 Likes

kernelsandirs

kernelsandirs

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:14 AM #16

Seems to work, however acts a bit strange Titanium backup asks for root, when I click allow it still fails to get root, made sure I had busybox also, but no matter what I do it fails :-(
so I thought maybe root did not work, but when I ran a screenshot app that needs root, it asks for root, I hit allow and it snaps screenshots fine, so not sure this is a full root method.

would running super oneclick after this method improve things? or make them worse?
  • 0 Likes

kernelsandirs

kernelsandirs

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:28 AM #17

if this is my only android device how can I purchase the donation app?
  • 0 Likes

OP jcase

jcase

Rooter

• 241 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:30 AM #18

Seems to work, however acts a bit strange Titanium backup asks for root, when I click allow it still fails to get root, made sure I had busybox also, but no matter what I do it fails :-(
so I thought maybe root did not work, but when I ran a screenshot app that needs root, it asks for root, I hit allow and it snaps screenshots fine, so not sure this is a full root method.

would running super oneclick after this method improve things? or make them worse?

The root is full/complete however the su binary and superuser apps may not be appropriate for the Kindle Fire, I don't have one so I could not test. Replace them with the appropriate ones, those were from ICS on my Nexus S
  • 0 Likes

OP jcase

jcase

Rooter

• 241 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:31 AM #19

Should unrooting work via the "unroot" selection on the KF app alone? In other words, do I need to be connected and use ADB to unroot, too, once I've rooted via your method? I ask because when I select "unroot" via the app on my KF, it says it works, but after reboot, I'm still rooted.

Unroot disables the root functions preformed by the app itself, it does not remove su that you pushed to the phone yourself.
  • 0 Likes

OP jcase

jcase

Rooter

• 241 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:32 AM #20

if this is my only android device how can I purchase the donation app?

Donate to charity of your choice or rootzwiki.
  • 0 Likes