Posted Image
  • 0 Likes

Gnomatic

Gnomatic

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:45 PM #183

what can i do????

I had a hard time getting this to work as well. First, I could not get root access with the Kindle plugged into my USB 3.0 ports on the front of my PC case. When I plugged my KF into a USB 2.0 port, I began to make a bit of progress. The next hurdle was making sure I followed jcase's instructions EXACTLY in sequence.

1. Download BurritoRoot3.apk and copy it onto theKFire.

2. Bring up the command prompt and change the directory to the KindleADB folder.

3. Type "adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp" into the command prompt and press 'Enter.'

4. Type "adb install BurritoRoot3.apk" into the command prompt and press 'Enter.'

5. NOW open the BurritoRoot3 app on the Kindle Fire.

6. Type "adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --root" into the command prompt and press 'Enter.' You'll be able to tell here if things are working.

7. Once root access is gained, you'll be prompted to type in "adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --install" and hit 'Enter.' Do so.

That's pretty much it. It took me a few attempts to get right. Good Luck!
  • 1 Likes

mysscryss

mysscryss

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:57 AM #184

Everytime I put in "adb install BurritoRoot3.apk"
my prompt to continue goes away and I can't type or paste anything else.

Also, the root access never seems to be gained...

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by mysscryss, 30 January 2012 - 11:59 AM.

• 0 Likes

DJSketdh

DJSketdh

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:51 PM #185

ok I am having problems with getting the Ulitlities to find my device I have got the drivers installed an it shows up in my devicem Manager as Android Composite ADB Interface. But from there I'm stuck cause it still shows as my device not being connect even though it is. Anyone have a solution for this cause I have tried everything that I have read to resolve this issue.
  • 0 Likes

Williamsrdan

Williamsrdan

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:22 AM #186

Posted Image

I got this screen, and then my Kindle restarted, and now it's stuck at the Kindle Fire logo.......have I just bricked it? tried restarting again, still stuck.
  • 0 Likes

Williamsrdan

Williamsrdan

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:26 AM #187

I got this screen, and then my Kindle restarted, and now it's stuck at the Kindle Fire logo.......have I just bricked it? tried restarting again, still stuck.

never mind....it didn't like fastboot mode, but I was able to get it back to normal boot.
  • 0 Likes

rkirsten

rkirsten

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:27 PM #188

So, for some reason when I paste in "adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --root" I get the response: not found.

What am I doing wrong/how do I fix this?

I have followed all of the other steps and had no problem. The kindle is connected to the computer via usb, the app is open. - However - in order to get to the app, I had to click "disconnect" on the kindle in order to get back to the home screen. Could that be the problem?

I tried unplugging and re-plugging the kindle into the computer with the app already open, and have the "you can now trasfer files from your computer to kindle" screen open - and have tried running the cmd prompt at this point to, but no luck.

Any ideas?
  • 0 Likes

BRJay

BRJay

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:49 AM #189

Hey,

First of all, congratulations Jcase for this app and users for this topic. Great job!

Question: Which test can I perform in order to make sure my device is rooted?

I installed the drivers, got adb working. Followed all steps, got no errors, apparently everything worked (not in first try) however I'm not sure if this is really rooted.
I can see BurritoRoot3 in the SuperUser application. But I can't navigate to some directories (like /root and /data) with File Explore neither install GoogleServicesFramework.apk to get access to Android Market.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BRJay, 13 February 2012 - 09:49 AM.

• 0 Likes

BRJay

BRJay

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:18 AM #190

As this can be useful to more people, I'm sharing my solution:
I did some research and found Root Checked Basic. This app checks if you got root access or not. In my case the issues was not root access, but the file expert app.
  • 0 Likes