5 votes

[Ep4D][Rom][Cwm][Odin]TweakStock v1.5 UPDATED 4/10/12

Ep4d Gingerbread
  • Please log in to reply

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:59 AM #521

Just upgraded to 1,5 from 1.4 and have now lost ROOT. Tried the lost root program from the Tweaked 2.0 thread and nothing happened. I may be doing it wrong. Connected phone to computer via USB and executed the bat file. Should the phone usb debugging be on or off? mock locations? I assume the phone should be connected as mass storage.

Any help is welcomed.

BB

USB debugging should be checked. If that file doesn't work just flash the superuser zip from androidsu.com
  • 0 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

Bad Bimr

Bad Bimr

Android Beginner

• 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:57 PM #522

USB debugging should be checked. If that file doesn't work just flash the superuser zip from androidsu.com

Tried both and still no root. The file opens a cmd promt windows for a few seconds and closes. Using cwm to flash the Superuser 3.0.7 zip file does fix it.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

BB

Edited by Bad Bimr, 13 April 2012 - 04:58 PM.

• 0 Likes

countrycoyote

countrycoyote

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:41 PM #523

Excellent update, no issues with install, really like the boot & shutdown screens. You guys should take super pride in this 1.5 update.
  • 0 Likes

krasch

krasch

Android Beginner

• 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:47 AM #524

Tried both and still no root. The file opens a cmd promt windows for a few seconds and closes. Using cwm to flash the Superuser 3.0.7 zip file does fix it.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

BB

Tried just re flashing the rom without wiping?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Bad Bimr

Bad Bimr

Android Beginner

• 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:47 AM #525

Tried just re flashing the rom without wiping?

Did that last night and that did the trick. I usually would have just done that but for some reason because their was a link for a "broken root" with this and 2.0 update/upgrade I figured it may have been a known issue at that was the fix. Should have just re-flashed from the get go. On another subject just got LTE in my area and all I can say is WOW!! As for battery life I say the same WOW but in a different meaning :) Also does anyone know if you can use a hot spot app with this rom without any Big Red brother tracking/snooping?

Thank You all for your help

BB
  • 0 Likes

rbeierle

rbeierle

• 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:03 AM #526

Did that last night and that did the trick. I usually would have just done that but for some reason because their was a link for a "broken root" with this and 2.0 update/upgrade I figured it may have been a known issue at that was the fix. Should have just re-flashed from the get go. On another subject just got LTE in my area and all I can say is WOW!! As for battery life I say the same WOW but in a different meaning :) Also does anyone know if you can use a hot spot app with this rom without any Big Red brother tracking/snooping?

Thank You all for your help

BB

Just download opengarden wifi tether. works great for me.
  • 0 Likes
Running TweakStock 1.0

gman8966

gman8966

Android Beginner

• 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:36 AM #527

Did a search on this but couldn't find anything in this thread. I installed this rom yesterday over the stock rom thru ODIN, but now my Wifi searches and won't find any hotspots. Other than that everything else seems to be working fine. Any suggestions?
  • 0 Likes

shrike1978

shrike1978

Hacker Wannabe

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:09 PM #528

Did a search on this but couldn't find anything in this thread. I installed this rom yesterday over the stock rom thru ODIN, but now my Wifi searches and won't find any hotspots. Other than that everything else seems to be working fine. Any suggestions?

You need to run an EP4 kernel with this rom, or wifi will do exactly what you described. Tweaked 2.0 is the latest version of this rom. This version is here for people who want to stay on EP4. I'd personally recommend 2.0, but if you want this instead, download PBJ 0130 instead of 0504.

Edited by shrike1978, 05 May 2012 - 12:10 PM.

• 2 Likes
Device: HTC Rezound
ROM: CounterShrike 2.1
Kernel: Funky Kernel 1.4