5 votes

[Ep4D][Rom][Cwm][Odin]TweakStock v1.5 UPDATED 4/10/12

Ep4d Gingerbread
  • Please log in to reply

MidnightNinja

MidnightNinja

Former Themer, Current Insomniac

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:19 PM #21

Still using this Rom, over infinity, only things I'd like to see are a themed ozemail.apk, and the ability to take screenshots. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else. Also, seeing as I am on IRC all the time now, I would like to help you guys test it out.

Edited by MidnightNinja, 24 December 2011 - 05:46 PM.

• 0 Likes
Devices: Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7

My Themes:
AOSP for Tweaked(Droid Charge+Samsung Stratosphere)
MNML for Tweaked(Droid Charge)

shrike1978

shrike1978

Hacker Wannabe

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:52 PM #22

I posted this over on XDA a few minutes ago, but I wanted to put it up here too.

After running for a few hours, I just want to say thanks again. This (along with the clock restore) is stock perfected....perfect theme on a perfect tweak package. This is the smoothest this phone has ever run, and without any additional tweaking on my part. Running stock EP4D kernel right now, but I'm thinking about loading the repack to see what it offers.

Thanks a lot for this. I see great things coming from you in the near future.
  • 0 Likes
Device: HTC Rezound
ROM: CounterShrike 2.1
Kernel: Funky Kernel 1.4

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:59 PM #23

need details on the "experimental EP4D repacked kernel"

is that the same as imnuts voodoo enabled kernel? does it support voodoo lag, voodoo sound, etc...??

currently running the stock EP4D deodexed/debloated/rooted rom with voodoo enabled imnuts kernel, how does this compare?
  • 0 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD

find me on irc.freenode.net #verizons3

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:22 PM #24

I installed the non-kernel version, but I wanted to ask, what does the repacked kernel feature?

need details on the "experimental EP4D repacked kernel"

is that the same as imnuts voodoo enabled kernel? does it support voodoo lag, voodoo sound, etc...??

currently running the stock EP4D deodexed/debloated/rooted rom with voodoo enabled imnuts kernel, how does this compare?

Ok - so I am in no way a dev, nor do I claim to be, and I am not kidding when I say that 2 months ago I knew next to nothing of any of this. Really this whole rom was nothing more than my learning project, one stranula made bearable to look at. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way...

I am pretty confident that anything imnuts did will be better/more refined than what I did - and I did nothing to make the kernel support any aspect of voodoo, so unless it did that already my guess is that these things are not supported. There were really two things that I found quite annoying with the full-on stock EP4D kernel -
- adb became a bit more cumbersome (adb push was a bit trickier, and you had to su after adb shell)
- with the many reboots I end up doing tinkering with things, the media scan started to seem annoyingly slow
With imnuts help, I was directed to some tools that allowed me to unpack, edit some things (default.prop, init.rc), and repack the kernel. End result was something that, at least on the surface, improved the two things I was becoming annoyed with. I also tried to dabble with enabling custom boot animations - but failed (and I stopped trying for the time being) - and commented out the install-recovery.sh installation called in init.rc. I don't know if it did anything, but that (and the new-ness to all of this) is why the term "experimental" was tagged on to it. I may take another look at such things in the future, but my gut tells me far better things are on the horizon from those much smarter than I, so for right now I'm holding off.
  • 1 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

Mrbigdreams

Mrbigdreams

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:09 PM #25

May someone upload screenshots please, this sounds interesting
  • 0 Likes

shrike1978

shrike1978

Hacker Wannabe

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:10 AM #26

May someone upload screenshots please, this sounds interesting

The theme was made by stranula and is almost identical to Black and Blue. The screenshots in that theme thread should give you an idea. You can think of this as a highly tweaked version of stock with the Black and Blue theme.
  • 0 Likes
Device: HTC Rezound
ROM: CounterShrike 2.1
Kernel: Funky Kernel 1.4

blakec432

blakec432

Android Junkie

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:24 AM #27

I flashed this ROM last night as a Christmas present to myself, and from what I've experienced so far, this thing is MAGNIFICENT!! Great work!! I'll let you know if any bugs pop up!

Edited by blakec432, 25 December 2011 - 06:26 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:44 AM #28

The theme was made by stranula and is almost identical to Black and Blue. The screenshots in that theme thread should give you an idea. You can think of this as a highly tweaked version of stock with the Black and Blue theme.

Good call. Posted some too though, see post 4.
  • 0 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

DHO

DHO

Frenetic Amnesic

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:20 PM #29

I love the ROM it is nice, clean, and fast

It have it on my Dad's phone and the Tweakstock on the notification pulldown bar really bothers mine. I cannot find anything in the eri.xml or systemUI. While I know you may not be wild about removing your tag, he it would would make him very happy. Rooting/updating his phone was a big part of his Xmas present this year.

Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

The First Of Every Month is Developer Day: Pick A Dev And Donate

Member of Team Vanir: Supporting Toro, Maguro, Toro+, Mako, N7, Tilapia, Manta, i605, T0ltetmo, jfltevwz/spr/att
Vanir, Commotio, HYBRYD, CNS, + Custom Gapps

ZeppelinJ0

ZeppelinJ0

Android Beginner

• 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:17 PM #30

How do I get back to RFS if I want to try this out?
  • 0 Likes