11 votes

AOKP | crespo | Milestone 6

• Please log in to reply

FlagcitySteelers

FlagcitySteelers

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:19 AM #481

Matr1x kernel does support Voodoo as well as BLN. Thanks, jokkel for the NSTools tip.. I hadn't heard of that one.. Trying it instead of SetCPU for the Deep idle.
  • 0 Likes

arno.nym

arno.nym

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:19 PM #482

I use the Matr1x kernel with over clocking set to 1300 MHz, deep idle on, and lazy as governor. It gives me high performance and good battery life. The developer, mathkid95 is putting out updates pretty regularly.
I use lazy as governor, because it's developed by ezekeel. He not only estimates what will impact performance and battery life, he tests. He's also pretty knowledgeable concerning the kernel in general. The difference between most governors isn't that big. I can recommend intellidemand, smartassV2, lazy, lulzactive, interactiveX, ondemand. I would not recommend performance, conservative, Lionheart and SavagedZen.

To set these I use NSTools, because it allows setting deep idle. The only AOKP tweak I use is SD-Boost. As far as IO-schedulers go, I can't really tell a difference in every day performance. Deadline, vr, sio and noop are the only ones I would recommend using though.

OMG, big thank you!
Just tried the B37 AOKP and immedeately followed your tips.
Not a patch to the CM9 Nightlies. Since the ICS CM9 never ever had such speed and battery life than with this AOKP on first try.
Great!
  • 0 Likes

Drifter256

Drifter256

Average Android

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:35 AM #483

I don't know if is a problem or just a tweak but:

When i'm on Wifi, only the Google synchronization works, when i wont to listen to a Podcast using Google Reader or other app with the screen lock the podcast or app just stop. For example, i wont to use IM+ and lock the screen, push notification just stop but when i unclok the phone and leave the screen on it's just works fine. It's seems that Wifi when the phone is lock, just works with Google synchronization.

How can i change this? Or it's a Bug?

Nexus S i9023
Build 38
Kernel that came with the ROM (3.0.8+ Pete)
Power saver it's off
Wifi it's always on in every setting
  • 0 Likes

jokkel

jokkel

• 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:34 PM #484

matr1x caused reboots when recording video with the camera after a short time. This led to corrupt video files of the interrupted recordings. I also noticed after benchmarking that matr1x has pretty slow I/O performance.

Since B38 I switched to ezekeel's GLaDOS kernel. It has great I/O performance. It's also not designed in the kitchen sink approach as matr1x. It only contains selected modifications.

governor: ondemand, deep idle: on, maxcpu: 1200 MHz
  • 0 Likes
Nexus S, AOKP B39

bluelyd

bluelyd

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:06 PM #485

there is 4.0.3's screen overlapping bug on b38 browser.

it means, AOKP's some sources are still 4.0.3..................
  • 0 Likes

PhillyBoyNexus

PhillyBoyNexus

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:15 PM #486

Does anyone know of a good kernel that works with the gama tuning controls that are built into the settings? I can't seem to get them to work with the stock kernel
  • 0 Likes

Rave

Rave

Average Android

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:21 AM #487

Hi Guys,

I've googled but cant seem to find my issue, so i thought i'd put it out here to see if anyone can help me.

I have a UK Nexus S 19020.

I have used AOKP since M3, and love the ROM, but as soon as I go to any other release after M4, the phones runs REALLY slow.

I have the latest CWM, and always wipe before install.

I have even tried formatting SD card, /System - full wipe in CWM.

But it never runs smooth, everything installs fine, and I always use the latest GAPPS, Ive even tried flashing the ROM, and a few different kernels, Matr1x, glados etc, but it still runs slow.

Ive kinda run out of ideas now and have had to switch to CM9R0v7, which runs absolutely fine!!!

Any ideas greatly appreciated, I have no issues flashing or doing whatever to help.

If you need any logs or whatever i can post them here.

Many thanks,

Kai.
  • 0 Likes

hey_malik

hey_malik

• 41 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:06 AM #488

And again, yesterday evening I flashed Matr1x 22 on my AOKP B39 on my i9023. Everything seemed to be fine. Until this morning, flight mode did not turn off so I did a reboot. After reboot, there came loads of crashreports.
I tried to clear cache partition and dalvik cache again but nothing helped.
  • 0 Likes

cdljl2005

cdljl2005

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:44 AM #489

And again, yesterday evening I flashed Matr1x 22 on my AOKP B39 on my i9023. Everything seemed to be fine. Until this morning, flight mode did not turn off so I did a reboot. After reboot, there came loads of crashreports.
I tried to clear cache partition and dalvik cache again but nothing helped.

make a nandroid backup and immediately restore, you'll find problem's gone... so many times have I been through. :(
  • 0 Likes

hey_malik

hey_malik

• 41 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:07 AM #490

Thanks for the answer. I flashed b40 together with matr1x kernel. I'll keep it in mind and will try it next time, which may not come..

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes