3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM][BETA][EK1] Rooted, Stock, Deodexed and Zipaligned

• Please log in to reply

OP nagmier

nagmier

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:53 PM #1

First off many thanks to KnightCrusader for getting a working Clockwork Recovery and Root for us! Without KC this wouldn't be possible, and he also helped me out quite a bit debugging the updater-script.

Thanks also goes out to imnuts for helping KC get the recovery going as well as dennis, Demoman and Dalladub for testing KnightCrusader's stuff!

Thanks to SPjetrovic_ for providing the EK1 leaked odin!

DISCLAIMER: DRAGONS AHEAD!!!
You use this at your OWN risk. If you are not sure what you are doing, or don't know what to do in the event of a problem, don't try it. I am not responsible if you mess up your phone while flashing this file. This WILL void your warranty.

If you are unsure but want to continue hop on irc: irc.andirc.net and join the #stratosphere channel and ask away there.

REQUIREMENTS:
You must be rooted... see KnightCrusader's thread here: http://rootzwiki.com...r-stratosphere/
You must be running KnightCrusader's Recovery here: http://rootzwiki.com...ecovery-v-5027/

DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!! Don't blame me if you forget and fubar it and have no backup!

Installation of ROM:
Copy file to your SD Card (anywhere as long as you know where
Reboot into recovery (From Power Off, Vol up + Vol down + Power, Release Power when Samsung Logo shows)
Perform a Backup
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Install Zip from SDCard and select the SCH-i405-EK1-Stock-Deodex-v1a.zip file on your SDCard

If you are coming from EI2 you MUST update the kernel to EK1 or you will not have WiFi at the very least.

Once Installation completes power off and reboot into download mode (From Power Off, Vol down + Power, Select Custom)
Next will require using Heimdall to flash the correct kernel.
Download the SCH-i405-EK1-Kernel.zip and extract to your Heimdall directory (I'm assuming you know how to use Heimdall if you have gotten Root/Recovery)
Open up a command prompt and change directory to your Heimdall directory
heimdall.exe flash --kernel SCH-i405-EK1-zImage
When Heimdall completes your phone will reboot and you should be happily on EK1.

Consider this an Beta build, I have not tested this thoroughly yet but as it is basically unmodified there shouldn't be many issues if there are please post in this thread or visit us in IRC

Download SCH-i405-EK1-Stock-Deodex-v1a.zip
Download SCH-i405-EK1-Kernel.zip (Flash using Heimdall NOT Recovery, I am working on a Recovery flashable zip but it is slow going)

Edited by nagmier, 21 December 2011 - 08:08 AM.

• 1 Likes

knightcrusader

knightcrusader

Android Beginner

• 95 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:57 PM #2

Sweet, can't wait to try it out. :-)
  • 0 Likes

dcooterfrog

dcooterfrog

• 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:32 PM #3

question. doesn't domineering just take up more space in userdta land by forcing the system to use more dalvik cache?
is the only advantage the ability to theme?
  • 0 Likes

dcooterfrog

dcooterfrog

• 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:32 PM #4

that should say deodexing not domineering. can't edit my post.
  • 0 Likes

OP nagmier

nagmier

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:35 PM #5

LOL I figured you were auto-corrected... from what I understand that is basically what deodexing brings to the table, easy theming
  • 0 Likes

skategeezer

skategeezer

Android Beginner

• 45 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:04 PM #6

First off many thanks to KnightCrusader for getting a working Clockwork Recovery and Root for us! Without KC this wouldn't be possible, and he also helped me out quite a bit debugging the updater-script.

Thanks also goes out to imnuts for helping KC get the recovery going as well as dennis, Demoman and Dalladub for testing KnightCrusader's stuff!

Thanks to SPjetrovic_ for providing the EK1 leaked odin!

DISCLAIMER: DRAGONS AHEAD!!!
You use this at your OWN risk. If you are not sure what you are doing, or don't know what to do in the event of a problem, don't try it. I am not responsible if you mess up your phone while flashing this file. This WILL void your warranty.

If you are unsure but want to continue hop on irc: irc.andirc.net and join the #stratosphere channel and ask away there.

REQUIREMENTS:
You must be rooted... see KnightCrusader's thread here: http://rootzwiki.com...r-stratosphere/
You must be running KnightCrusader's Recovery here: http://rootzwiki.com...ecovery-v-5027/

DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!! Don't blame me if you forget and fubar it and have no backup!

Installation:
Copy file to your SD Card (anywhere as long as you know where
Reboot into recovery (From Power Off, Vol up + Vol down + Power, Release Power when Samsung Logo shows)
Perform a Backup
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Install Zip from SDCard and select the SCH-i405-EK1-Stock-Deodex-v1a.zip file on your SDCard
Once Installation completes reboot and follow the setup wizard.

Consider this an Beta build, I have not tested this thoroughly yet but as it is basically unmodified there shouldn't be many issues if there are please post in this thread or visit us in IRC

Download SCH-i405-EK1-Stock-Deodex-v1a.zip

Any chance we can get whole leak with the new radios? I assume there are new radios as well.
  • 0 Likes

aeidian

aeidian

Android Beginner

• 58 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:19 AM #7

Is 4g working with this custom rom? Any screenies?
  • 0 Likes

Dalladubb

Dalladubb

• 94 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:53 AM #8

Yes this ROM has 4G as it's based on the stock kernel. Also, nothing about it really has been changed on the surface, except now you can theme it which opens the door to many other custom ROM's now that the Deodexing and zipalignment have been done.
  • 0 Likes

OP nagmier

nagmier

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:59 AM #9

As Dalladub point out there really isn't anything different about this ROM as opposed to stock it looks the same, I just wanted to get something out the door that people could use as a base...as for the EK1 Odin leak... its on multiupload.. I'll see if I can find the link
  • 0 Likes

OP nagmier

nagmier

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:15 AM #10

Just found that WiFi doesn't work unless you are on the EK1 Kernel which this doesn't flash.... please do not download and install unless you are on the EK1 kernel right now...
  • 0 Likes