• Please log in to reply

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,674 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:22 AM #11

Good stuff.

Hey Rev,

Know you didn't write this app, but wondering if you have seen this problem. Installed Twrp through cwm as you did. The install appeared to go normally, ie. no errors. Rebooted and TWRP is now on the moboot screen, but when I try to ron it, I get an error with a message "failed to boot".

Edited by nevertells, 21 December 2011 - 10:23 AM.

• 0 Likes

NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Android Lover

• 101 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:38 AM #12

Hi Rev. Thanks for another awesome presentation. I've been using CWM since eclair and it's a breath of fresh air to finally be able to have 100% touch instead of the volume rocker for navigation. I compare CMW to terminal, command prompt, bios, or mouse. I imagine this technology will need to move forward and it's finally almost there!
  • 0 Likes

OP ReverendKJR

ReverendKJR

Minister of Mobile Devices

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:20 PM #13

Hey Rev,

Know you didn't write this app, but wondering if you have seen this problem. Installed Twrp through cwm as you did. The install appeared to go normally, ie. no errors. Rebooted and TWRP is now on the moboot screen, but when I try to ron it, I get an error with a message "failed to boot".

Probably out of room in the boot. Some people were saying that you need to go into /boot and remove uImage.update or something like that. It's a remnant for webOS updating to 3.0.X and doesn't need to be there anymore.
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,674 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:46 PM #14

Probably out of room in the boot. Some people were saying that you need to go into /boot and remove uImage.update or something like that. It's a remnant for webOS updating to 3.0.X and doesn't need to be there anymore.

I saw that somewhere, but when I went looking for this boot folder didn't see it. Probably right under my nose. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
  • 0 Likes

OP ReverendKJR

ReverendKJR

Minister of Mobile Devices

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:38 PM #15

I saw that somewhere, but when I went looking for this boot folder didn't see it. Probably right under my nose. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

If you watch my video, I show you EXACTLY where the /boot folder is.
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,674 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:17 PM #16

If you watch my video, I show you EXACTLY where the /boot folder is.

Yup, it's just where you said it would be. Here is a little update, after going in and deleting the update-uimage(scary process) not ulmage-update(this would probably brick the TouchPad), I found out that one has to run CWM, install from SD card again to get TWRP to work. Now that I have seen TWRP, here is a new topic for your next video, "Using all the features of TWRP." Good luck!

P.S Maybe a short tutorial on how to delete "update-uimage" from the boot directory for those folks that find TWRP will not run after installing. I've also heard that some people trying to install it are getting an out of space message too. Removing update-uimage is apparently the fix for that. Not that there will be any more updates for WebOS, but if there were, there might not be enough room in that directory or partition for the new update-uimage file that they say the updating process creates. I suppose once one gets comfortable with TWRP, deleting CWM might free up the necessary room.

Edited by nevertells, 21 December 2011 - 08:27 PM.

• 0 Likes

scrizz

scrizz

I AM The Scrizz

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:42 AM #17

Hi Rev. Thanks for another awesome presentation. I've been using CWM since eclair and it's a breath of fresh air to finally be able to have 100% touch instead of the volume rocker for navigation. I compare CMW to terminal, command prompt, bios, or mouse. I imagine this technology will need to move forward and it's finally almost there!

I prefer the command prompt/terminal way. :D
  • 0 Likes