1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

8 votes

[Kernel] [Aosp] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (V6.2.1, 5/20/12)

• Please log in to reply

youarealwaysthereMD

youarealwaysthereMD

Average Android

• 120 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:08 AM #31

Bluetooth

I. Am. Dumb.
  • 0 Likes

Veridor

Veridor

Android Aficionado

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:10 AM #32

I. Am. Dumb.

No worries. He reverted this backport from the OP changelog:

v3.5.3 (7/19/11) - completed BT backport (there were a few things missing), wifi driver updated to latest broadcom/android via jdkoreclipse (thx).
  • 0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889) | ROM: CleanROM ACE 4.5
Kernel: stock

Did you find this post helpful? If so, please click the Thanks/Like button.

fordtheriver

fordtheriver

Android Hobo

• 156 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:25 AM #33

When I put into car dock, with the car charger attached, and try to use the headphone jack for car audio, the sound comes out as muffled with feedback. I have figured out that this issue arises due to the car charger. If the TB isn't connected to DC power, there's no feedback or muffling. I'm running CM7, 0704radio, imoseyon 3.5.8 lean kernal set to extreme mode. Could this be due to undervolting?
(I have tried to recreate this problem with AC power and the sound is fine)
  • 0 Likes

brizey

brizey

Average Android

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:19 AM #34

When I put into car dock, with the car charger attached, and try to use the headphone jack for car audio, the sound comes out as muffled with feedback. I have figured out that this issue arises due to the car charger. If the TB isn't connected to DC power, there's no feedback or muffling. I'm running CM7, 0704radio, imoseyon 3.5.8 lean kernal set to extreme mode. Could this be due to undervolting?
(I have tried to recreate this problem with AC power and the sound is fine)

It is probably your car electronics, not the phone. There must be a difference between the signal ground of your input jack and the ground in the lighter socket. I guess it could also be a bad DC to DC converter in your car charger (car is +12V, USB is +5 so they either use zener diode or a DC to DC chip). Try borrowing someone else's USB charger.
  • 0 Likes

rwpurp

rwpurp

Android Beginner

• 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:45 PM #35

I'm a fan of this kernel, offering me great battery life compared to other kernels.

It appears that I have an issue with wifi on this kernel. I can connect to different wifi networks but I have been unable to connect to my university's wifi using this kernel compared to other kernels. I've tried different fixes but they do not fix this issue. I notice the wifi network use PEAP and MSCHAPV2. Can this be remedied?
  • 0 Likes

masri1987

masri1987

Incognito

• 1,164 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:26 AM #36

Imoseyon, curious question, is there anyway for you to implement the in-call volume fix Tiamat's kernels have?
  • 0 Likes

PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC

Android Enthusiast / Wanna-be Dev

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:23 AM #37

Imoseyon, curious question, is there anyway for you to implement the in-call volume fix Tiamat's kernels have?

My question as well... :)
  • 0 Likes
Retired: OG Droid, DX, Thunderbolt, Droid Bionic, GNex
Current: SGS3 (LTE) - Running CM10.1
Twitter - @PerCompLLC

lebowitz

lebowitz

Android Apprentice

• 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:45 AM #38

My question as well... :)

would be my no 1 fix request too
  • 0 Likes

masri1987

masri1987

Incognito

• 1,164 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:59 AM #39

if this kernel had in-call volume fix, then it has it all, there wouldn't even be another reason for other kernels to exist.
  • 0 Likes

explamphibian

explamphibian

Retired

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:11 AM #40

This is my standard and has been for a while. I switch to Go contacts and have found the widget doesn't work with this kernel :(
  • 0 Likes
Devices: GNex | ROM: 4.2
VZW S3 | Beans 5
Kernel: Latest Franco GNex | LK1.0 S3

"Home of the Free Because of the Brave"