1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

8 votes

[Kernel] [Aosp] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (V6.2.1, 5/20/12)

• Please log in to reply

madAdam

madAdam

Android Apprentice

• 68 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:57 PM #291

Try this one? http://cl.ly/Ambe

Got a mirror for the 184 version?
  • 0 Likes
Gnex • ASCENT v3 • Morfic Stable35 / Nexus 7 • EOS Nightly • Morfic Alpha22

Helltoupee

Helltoupee

Android Apprentice

• 261 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:08 PM #292

Is there a way to check if compcache is actually working? You use to be able to use setcpu to look under the memory info section and it would show up under swap usage. Mine always says zero. Maybe a terminal command ? Compcache stats doesn't seem to do anything but return an error message. Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:15 PM #293

Is there a way to check if compcache is actually working? You use to be able to use setcpu to look under the memory info section and it would show up under swap usage. Mine always says zero. Maybe a terminal command ? Compcache stats doesn't seem to do anything but return an error message. Thanks.

my kernel supports swap but not ramzswap. I'll support it as a separate module in 3.9.0 (could be coming very soon).
  • 0 Likes

Helltoupee

Helltoupee

Android Apprentice

• 261 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:25 PM #294

my kernel supports swap but not ramzswap. I'll support it as a separate module in 3.9.0 (could be coming very soon).

Oh ok thanks. I was a little confused by the fact that using this kernel opens the compcache option in CM7 in Performance settings. That would be great if you would implement that feature. Keep up the great work. Thank you for the fast reply.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:41 PM #295

Oh ok thanks. I was a little confused by the fact that using this kernel opens the compcache option in CM7 in Performance settings. That would be great if you would implement that feature. Keep up the great work. Thank you for the fast reply.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

So compcache it turns out is quite old. I have a new version of it called "zram" (which actually appears to be quite useful compared to comcache) from linux 3.1 working in my test version of 3.9.0. Unfortunately CM7 Performance settings won't control it so I'll have to provide a separate script for it.

Edited by imoseyon, 08 October 2011 - 08:44 PM.

• 0 Likes

BennyJr

BennyJr

Android Addict

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:10 PM #296

Got a test kernel?
  • 0 Likes

DJ_Upgrayedd

DJ_Upgrayedd

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:11 AM #297

I was using CM7 RC1.8 with Imo's lean kernel on extreme mode.... i was getting 15 hours of battery life in one charge. i had it set to 245Mhz on screen off. i let it charge to 100% went for a walk while listening to music for 2 hours... it BARELY made a dent. after 2 hours of constant music, i was BARELY at 98%. friggin ridiculous. when i was in stock, 2 hours would have gotten me down to 45%. i can attest that Imo's kernels are top notch. i don't even wanna touch anything else.
  • 0 Likes

DJ_Upgrayedd

DJ_Upgrayedd

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:12 AM #298

i just updated to CM7 7.1.1 stable a few minutes ago... time to flash this kernel now.
  • 0 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:06 AM #299

v3.9.2 (10/9/11) - compile speed optimizations, went to SLUB from SLAB for efficiency, ZRAM module (backported from linux 3.1) & script support (to enable, go into Terminal, type su, and then type "zram enable" without quotes), CIFS module support.

zram is the latest incarnation of compcache from Linux 3.1. Pretty fun to play with. :)
  • 0 Likes

BennyJr

BennyJr

Android Addict

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:09 AM #300

This different from the test one i tried last night?
  • 0 Likes