1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

8 votes

[Kernel] [Aosp] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (V6.2.1, 5/20/12)

• Please log in to reply

az_biker

az_biker

Super User

• 283 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:06 PM #1081

Quick AUDIO question; is there a way to increase the audio on this kernel? I read that an earlier version was toned down because it was too loud. I wouldn't mind a little more volume. Media sound is all but gone around 40% of slider... Thanks in advance!
Thundershed 1.6, IMO lean 6.2.1 (extreme #2) btw, 6.1 gave me a big increase in batt life... 6.2 took 19hr 42 min to go from 100% - 1% with moderate use and on overnight... GREAT FREAKIN KERNEL!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1 Likes
Gnex- Axi0m, Slim, Carbon, Atom / AK SKL Series / Toro
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan 1985
Posted Image

watt9493

watt9493

Bricker of all things

• 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:56 AM #1082

Quick AUDIO question; is there a way to increase the audio on this kernel? I read that an earlier version was toned down because it was too loud. I wouldn't mind a little more volume. Media sound is all but gone around 40% of slider... Thanks in advance!
Thundershed 1.6, IMO lean 6.2.1 (extreme #2) btw, 6.1 gave me a big increase in batt life... 6.2 took 19hr 42 min to go from 100% - 1% with moderate use and on overnight... GREAT FREAKIN KERNEL!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with all of this. i need more volume!
  • 1 Likes

You dug your own grave; I just helped you fill it in.

hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Android Lover

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:44 AM #1083

Me 3, Louder in call volume would be sweet!!
  • 0 Likes

PieceKeepr

PieceKeepr

Super User

• 292 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:15 PM #1084

I would only ask for a bit more bluetooth volume. Hard to hear sometimes with an ear piece.

Sent from my ThunderSheded Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes
HTC Thunderbolt running ThunderShed by Workshed
Posted Image
Get Supercharged here ... http://bit.ly/V6Supercharger

Grab my customized theme here ... http://bit.ly/PKsCM7Themes

nl3142

nl3142

Android Beginner

• 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:20 PM #1085

With the speedtweak not working in terminal emulator i resolved this issue by installing a different version of terminal emulator and bam! Back in business. On thundershed 1.6

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Actually, it is even easier than that. Just go into preferences, then initial command and change "export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH" to "export PATH=/data/local/bin:/sbin:$PATH".
  • 1 Likes

Jolest

Jolest

Android Lover

• 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:04 PM #1086

Has anyone tried this Holo ICS launcher?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1636393

Actually, I rather like it. Seems to have a smaller memory footprint than GO or ADW, so it's faster on my heavily-loaded phone than either.

No,.it doesn't have as many customization options, but the ones I want are all there. For now, it's my primary launcher.

• 0 Likes

wbvczar

wbvczar

Android Apprentice

• 92 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:12 AM #1087

Hi,
I found the default kernel in liquid sense 3.2 did not respond to the commands in terminal like st.
But after installing the Imoysen kernel afterwards through recovery I then was able to type the commands in. After you install the kernel check the phone settings and then choose about to see the version of the kernel you are running. My guess is that you were not updated to the latest version. Also before installing the kernel clear dalvick cache in recovery then flash kernel then reboot.

Thanks,
Bryan

Could we revisit this? I am having this problem with the new InfectedROM Eternity test builds which are based off of the MR4 base. I have tried Terminal Emulator, ROM Toolbox and terminal IDE but I get "[: not found" every time. I verified the scripts are in the /sbin directory and I have Imo's latest kernel installed.

Edit: My apologies. I didn't see that this was the AOSP kernel thread. My post was obviously about the MR4 base which is the GB kernel. Liarsenic's response was on point and appreciated.

Edited by wbvczar, 12 June 2012 - 09:38 AM.

• 0 Likes
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon)
ROM: Stock (rooted)
Kernel: Perseus alpha29
Radio: Stock

Liarsenic

Liarsenic

Android Beginner

• 689 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:34 AM #1088

I think it is an issue with the rom itself and not the kernel or the script. It appears to work on other roms and not the two latest tests that virus made. He did in fact take out the init.d folder out of both of the latest builds because the init.d scripts wouldn't run.

• 1 Likes

DeathGrind

DeathGrind

Android Beginner

• 73 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:14 PM #1089

Did wired tether ever get worked out on this kernel? If so how do I make it work. Thank you.

• 0 Likes

DeathGrind

DeathGrind

Android Beginner

• 73 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:34 AM #1090

Did wired tether ever get worked out on this kernel? If so how do I make it work. Thank you.

I've been looking for a fix, and have no luck finding one. Is it possible to get wired tether to work with this kernel?

• 0 Likes