Rate this Topic

38 votes

[KERNEL]GN-LTE[Hybrid-3.0.53]JB:Pre-UV,OC,TUN,CIFS,OTG,FIOPS(v024)[Nov-27]

• Please log in to reply

h3ckman

h3ckman

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:56 PM #3111

GPU is running @ 512 MHz

Very nice. Is this a value that can be changed without flashing v.19-u?

Edit: I found posts a few pages back that addressed this.

Edited by h3ckman, 07 August 2012 - 04:01 PM.

• 0 Likes
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
Rom: AOKP Nightly
Kernel: faux kernel

Buy me a beer!

OP faux123

faux123

Kernel Haxor

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:04 PM #3112

Very nice. Is this a value that can be changed without flashing v.19-u?

Edit: I found posts a few pages back that addressed this.

no unfortunately this is statically compiled in... no way to switch it.
  • 0 Likes

ashclepdia

ashclepdia

Android Beginner

• 776 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:33 PM #3113

I've raised it already once from 61 degrees C to 71 degrees

https://github.com/f...0f169a4ce2f3c86

Ahh
Okay, thanks
(I'm just used to lean kernel and being able to set it on the fly anywhere from 50-90, i usually set it at 77, thanks for the info, wasn't sure if you had a way for the user to adjust this value or not like lean does)
  • 0 Likes

OP faux123

faux123

Kernel Haxor

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:39 PM #3114

Ahh
Okay, thanks
(I'm just used to lean kernel and being able to set it on the fly anywhere from 50-90, i usually set it at 77, thanks for the info, wasn't sure if you had a way for the user to adjust this value or not like lean does)

I was contemplating that option a while back, then I decided against it.. just in case a corrupted value was added... Thermal throttle is there to save the CPU from overheating... if the last safe guard have bugs, then it could overheat and potentially damage the CPU.
  • 1 Likes

Scowley

Scowley

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:48 AM #3115

Installed 20b5 and found issues. Could not Power Off phone. It got stuck on the shutting down message, vibrated too but had to do a battery pull. Rebooted fine but noticed I had dropped 14% battery. Chrome then got stuck when browsing and I couldn't get back to home screen. Chrome wasn't available in Recent Apps to kill. Clicking on Settings from pull down notifications didn't open either. Stuck on last viewing page in Chrome. Back to 20b4 and all buttery again =]
  • 0 Likes

ashclepdia

ashclepdia

Android Beginner

• 776 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:35 AM #3116

I was contemplating that option a while back, then I decided against it.. just in case a corrupted value was added... Thermal throttle is there to save the CPU from overheating... if the last safe guard have bugs, then it could overheat and potentially damage the CPU.

ah okay
Understand :)
Thanks again
If i knew how to compile a kernel i would bump it to 77 and compile myself lol, runs great either way,.i just use my phone far too much so it gets hot fast (even when not OC lol!) I just need to learn when to put my phone down hahaha...great job on the kernel, I've been running it over top the lean kernel ramdisk(flashed lean then faux) and it's been very nice. Thanks again for the info!

Edited by ashclepdia, 08 August 2012 - 02:37 AM.

• 0 Likes

RBaker

RBaker

Super User

• 328 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:33 AM #3117

Installed 20b5 and found issues. Could not Power Off phone. It got stuck on the shutting down message, vibrated too but had to do a battery pull. Rebooted fine but noticed I had dropped 14% battery. Chrome then got stuck when browsing and I couldn't get back to home screen. Chrome wasn't available in Recent Apps to kill. Clicking on Settings from pull down notifications didn't open either. Stuck on last viewing page in Chrome. Back to 20b4 and all buttery again =]

LOL How is Faux supposed to see what the issue is with just this? Got to get him a log so he can take a look at it! ;)
  • 0 Likes

h3ckman

h3ckman

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:53 AM #3118

Under interactive governor on v.19-u-sr why won't hispeed_freq stick upon reboot? I'm using Trickster Mod with SuperSu... everything else sticks, like when I change governors for example.
  • 0 Likes
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
Rom: AOKP Nightly
Kernel: faux kernel

Buy me a beer!

mmtoman

mmtoman

Android Apprentice

• 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:55 AM #3119

How is 20b5 working for everyone? Just saw the one guys issue but nothing else sitting on a like .2 mb right now and it takes forever to download even a tiny kernel!
  • 0 Likes

mmtoman

mmtoman

Android Apprentice

• 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:03 AM #3120

So he took down 20b5 so i guess he didn't like it
  • 0 Likes