Rate this Topic

38 votes

[KERNEL]GN-LTE[Hybrid-3.0.53]JB:Pre-UV,OC,TUN,CIFS,OTG,FIOPS(v024)[Nov-27]

• Please log in to reply

camblue

camblue

Themer

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:22 PM #2831

Nope, I did clear my dalvik cache beforehand which what I usually do but it is running great so far.

u haven't boot looped using this? I'm strongly suggesting flashing this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• 0 Likes

abqnm

abqnm

Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:49 PM #2832

Setcpu seems to work as well.

Keep an eye on this. It has been discovered that JB roms seem to revert CPU sysfs settings to stock every few minutes and every time the screen goes off. The only way to prevent this is to change the permissions of the affected sysfs files to 0444 so the system doesn't overwrite them. SetCPU changes the values but leaves the permissions as 0666 so everything has write access to them still. I had to write a script to do change my cpu settings and set the appropriate permissions so that they would stick.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.
  • 0 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

Too many old Androids to list...

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

abqnm

abqnm

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:51 PM #2833

u haven't boot looped using this? I'm strongly suggesting flashing this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The boot loops seem to have to do with the mount points in the ROM being different than in ICS. Jakeday has fixed this in his Jelly Belly releases 1.2+. Boots perfectly every time now and no more 5+ min at the google boot logo either.

• 0 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

camblue

camblue

Themer

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:54 PM #2834

Have noticed a long boot time waiting on the google logo when I loaded this kernel?
  • 0 Likes

abqnm

abqnm

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:00 PM #2835

Have noticed a long boot time waiting on the google logo when I loaded this kernel?

Not the kernel. It is the rom. Switch to jakeday's Jelly Belly 1.3 and you won't have that anymore. He has completely resolved that.

• 1 Likes

camblue

camblue

Themer

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:04 PM #2836

Cool doing that now as we speak

Not the kernel. It is the rom. Switch to jakeday's Jelly Belly 1.3 and you won't have that anymore. He has completely resolved that.

• 0 Likes

tiny4579

tiny4579

Kernel Hacker

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:06 PM #2837

What ROM are you using? And how long did you wait? It will be a bit longer the first time due to rebuilding dalvik. If you're on Jellybean on most Jellybean ROMs it can be 5 minutes or more on the Google boot screen as abqnm posted.

EDIT: I got ninja'd.

Edited by tiny4579, 30 June 2012 - 03:07 PM.

• 0 Likes

Sveke

Sveke

Android Master

• 767 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:12 PM #2838

The boot loops seem to have to do with the mount points in the ROM being different than in ICS. Jakeday has fixed this in his Jelly Belly releases 1.2+. Boots perfectly every time now and no more 5+ min at the google boot logo either.

This kernel is running great, thanks!

Knock on wood but mine booted in like 1 minute. I'm running BAMF, they have a jelly bean ROM on their site. It's BAMF quality.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Edited by Sveke, 30 June 2012 - 03:13 PM.

• 0 Likes

abqnm

abqnm

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:18 PM #2839

This kernel is running great, thanks!

Knock on wood but mine booted in like 1 minute. I'm running BAMF, they have a jelly bean ROM on their site. It's BAMF quality.

Good to know. Hadn't seen theirs yet. Hopefully it is resolved on their version. If you get a long delay on the google boot screen at some point that means it isn't resolved so be on the lookout.

• 0 Likes

Sveke

Sveke

Android Master

• 767 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:23 PM #2840

Good to know. Hadn't seen theirs yet. Hopefully it is resolved on their version. If you get a long delay on the google boot screen at some point that means it isn't resolved so be on the lookout.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out but so far so good.....fingers crossed.

Def give their ROM a try, it's great. I'll try Jakes next, I was reading his thread earlier.

Edited by Sveke, 30 June 2012 - 03:24 PM.

• 0 Likes