[How-To] [Windows] Install TWRP 2.0 on your Kindle Fire

Kindle Fire TeamWin TWRP
  • Please log in to reply

arby220

arby220

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:08 PM #71

I've gotten to the part where I restarted my Kindle, and now I seem to be stuck at the "kindle fire" screen. I got past the < waiting for device > part, also. Have restarted multiple times, and Windows does not recognize the device.

EDIT: Windows does recognize it, but it still does not boot up.

Edited by arby220, 03 February 2012 - 09:09 PM.

• 0 Likes

_mike

_mike

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:23 PM #72

The guide worked great. Thank you!

Got stuck on the yellow triangle, modified the PID as well as the vendor ID to update the drivers, rebooted PC, ran the two fastboot commands to get ADB to recognize the device, then just followed the install commands again. The recovery is running like a champ!
  • 0 Likes

colex

colex

Average Android

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:35 AM #73

After a couple of trys, my kindle showed up as "kindle" in device manager,( it was showing as "unknown device") and I was able to install drivers and then
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000 worked and

fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot worked and the fire booted into yellow triangle screen, then into kindle fire screen then booted up all the way, so SUCCESS...

Hi , My kindle is only showing a yellow triangle to me , and it is a "unknown device" . It seems that you have worked it out ! Can you tell me your "couple of trys"? My email is colex.cc@gmail.com . Thanks very much
  • 0 Likes

Namdnas

Namdnas

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:49 AM #74

With everyones collective knowledge that they have put into this post i fixed my fire that i thought i had bricked. Thank you for all of your help.
  • 0 Likes

powerpoint45

powerpoint45

• 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:26 AM #75

Please help me, I'm just about to cry. I've allready bricked one of my kindles and sent it back.so this time they won't take it back.

I was following the tutorial here: http://rootzwiki.com...ur-kindle-fire/, I rooted the kindle again with burito root so I could enter the commands. I entered:
adb shell
idme bootmode 4002

Then I realized I didn't have fastboot. I forgot I entered the bootmode command, and I turned the kf off.now it just turns on with the kf logo. I added this to the inf file:
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0100
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0100&MI_01
And I added 0x18d1 to the ini file.
When I say install from location android-sdks/extras/google/usb_driver it does not come up with android_winusb.inf, instead it comes up with oem.inf files located in windows>inf, and if I install it, it says device not found in adb.

PLEASE HELP
  • 0 Likes

powerpoint45

powerpoint45

• 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:47 AM #76

Update:but I still need help a lot. I got it so it detects the android_winusb.inf, but adb still won't detect it.what should I do
  • 0 Likes

powerpoint45

powerpoint45

• 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:12 PM #77

I unbricked my kindle. Here is how the easy way

1.Download kindle fire utility
2.Unzip kindle fire utility
3.To install the driver,its easy,just plug in your kindle, when it pops up with the install wizard say pick from the location of:
KindleFireUtility>drivers>kindle
4.run kindle fire utility,select 1 then select 1 again

That's it, hope it helps someone like me

Edited by powerpoint45, 11 March 2012 - 08:13 PM.

• 0 Likes

zEnethSTORM

zEnethSTORM

zenethSTORM

• 70 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:49 AM #78

My goodness... I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and ended up with ICS on my KF within an hour... goal achieved =)

To help others w/ my process: I was stuck at the Yellow Triangle thingy and Followed post #3 in this thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1408056 ----- Then proceeded to install twrp again and it worked.
  • 0 Likes

amandadam

amandadam

The Dude abides,man.

• 58 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:23 PM #79

I'm glad I waited till now,to root and flash a custom rom,on my Kindle.
I followed the instructions from this video

and I'm running Energy CM9 Kang rom now.
:lol:
  • 0 Likes

mohreza

mohreza

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:51 PM #80

hi i tried to root my kindle fire but i think i have broken it . when i installed twrp on my kindle fire, it hank on first logo ( kindle fire with red and white colors) . and i tried to unroot it so i installed (update.bin) on it . it become worse . i cant install twrp on my kindle fire now . what can i do now?
  • 0 Likes